Hey guys just got my priv yesterday and I have had some issues just wanted to know if anyone else has had these issues or if anyone else is having new problems...

So first off my phone gets pretty warm around the volume keys on the back of the phone

My battery life is terrible and I hardly use my phone

The screen makes clicks sounds like then it's closed if you press on the screen it clicks

So is anyone else having these issues or know what's wrong or how to fix them??

Let me know and if you want to message me directly go ahead

Thanks guys
    01-25-16 06:17 PM
    So first off my phone gets pretty warm around the volume keys on the back of the phone
    Pretty standard.

Make sure all your apps are updated as well as any OS updates. You might also want to define terrible battery life.. what does that even mean in usage terms? What does your system monitor say is using your battery?

The screen makes clicks sounds like then it's closed if you press on the screen it clicks
    Pretty standard as well. If it bothers you that much, get it replaced but chances are you'll get another that does it. It's a slider device with lots of moving parts. Some report no clicking, some report lots of clicking. It's a crap shoot and some are just overly picky.
    dietertong likes this.
    01-25-16 06:23 PM
    Hey guys just got my priv yesterday and I have had some issues just wanted to know if anyone else has had these issues or if anyone else is having new problems...

Thanks guys
    Go into Google play and search for BlackBerry limited and update all the apps. Also, got to settings and about phone and check for software updates. Both these will help greatly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-16 06:24 PM

Thanks guys
    The overheating is something that some folks have had and has also been solved by performing the recent system OTA updates.

The screen clicking issues have also been occurring in some devices, but have been improving on units built recently.

What model of Priv do you have? Is it the Factory unlocked USA version? Canadian version? Some of the clicking seems to be worst on the units that don't have the wireless charger functions.

I have an AT&T version with a build date of 102715 and I haven't had any of the screen clicking issues. I did perform all of the OTA system updates first before I set up my device.
    01-25-16 06:26 PM
    To add to what others said, it is my understanding that during the first few days, the phone indexes and that causes some heat issues. Since you got the phone yesterday, I am assuming you set up email accounts and synced other data. Do as they said and update all apps and OS and give it a couple of days.
    01-25-16 09:20 PM
    Opening the camera and trying to view photos takes a long time.. Anyone else having this issue or anyone has a solution.. It's annoying

01-25-16 09:41 PM
    Opening the camera and trying to view photos takes a long time.. Anyone else having this issue or anyone has a solution.. It's annoying

Check to see if you updated the BlackBerry camera app in Google play.

01-25-16 10:51 PM
    Yeah. See if you've got the latest version. Mine works great after the update

01-25-16 11:07 PM
    Like the others have already said, all the issues will be resolved (except screen clicking) by installing the updates, oh and it will get hot when the update is downloading
    01-26-16 01:51 AM
    Worst case do a factory wipe, it helped me and many others
    First few days will be slow/ little battery life whilst the phone indexes everything as above poster mentioned

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    01-26-16 02:30 AM
    Check to see if you updated the BlackBerry camera app in Google play.

It is updated.. I got my Priv last year..

01-26-16 08:17 AM
    Well, you could have had the Priv since launch, but as far as I know, if you did not make the app updates then you still have to do it, as they do not show up in the list of updates until you manually find them and update them at least one time.
    01-26-16 09:23 AM
    Says 'last year' like it was a long time ago... LOL

01-26-16 10:57 AM
    Everything is updated.. I checked my apps on Google play

01-26-16 12:03 PM
    But are you checking after having manually updated them by searching for each specifically BlackBerry app and clicking update? Because if you haven't, then just checking under "my apps" they will not show up.

This would make you think the apps are updated, when they are not.
    01-26-16 12:27 PM
    But are you checking after having manually updated them by searching for each specifically BlackBerry app and clicking update? Because if you haven't, then just checking under "my apps" they will not show up.

This would make you think the apps are updated, when they are not.
    Yes.. Did that already.. Anyways I downloaded another app to view photos and a camera app..

Jonneh likes this.
    01-26-16 12:54 PM
    Don't worry OP, just follow what people have suggested. Rest assured the PRIV is a great device and the battery life is really good. For me, the PRIV is slowly becoming my favorite device ever. I have a tough time putting it down. I always want to use it for everything. I want to use it so much, I'm thinking about getting a second PRIV.
    01-27-16 06:03 PM
    I am having exactly the same issues.... as soon as I start using it within 1 minute it is real hot and if using consistently I am not getting 2 hours out of the battery... I will give it a few days and have followed the above instructions and will see how it goes... I really hope your all right!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 09:02 AM
    Heating issues can happen if your not using your OEM charger from the box your Priv came in. A friend of mine having heating issues and battery problems as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 09:14 AM
    I have tried every recommendation but not this. I'm hoping this fixes it.

01-30-16 11:46 AM
    I like this phone very much so I was, and still am, determined to find the cause of heat issues. I am monitoring the heat with a CPU temperature app and I have noticed that the following is true:

My first heating issues were resolved when I updated the BlackBerry apps as I had seen recommended in other posts and disabled a few minor items. At that point it was resolved; however, I later did the latest update to the BlackBerry camera app. This update made my heat issues return. I can confirm that my heat would go up when the camera was in use or an app was using the camera as part of it's function. I rolled back that update ( I uninstalled it) and now I can have my camera on and it does not affect the temperature nearly as much as it used to be affecting it. It is now working as expected. This most recent camera update definitely made the heat return but since I uninstalled it everything is working ok again.

It's a shame that this is happening to this device as it will surely turn off people who don't want to tinker with it to make it work. As for most of us on this site, since we know our way around mobile devices, we can get it resolved but this doesn't look good as far as the general public is concerned.
    01-31-16 10:16 AM