Slight exaggeration there?
    I can usually do mine in a day, day and a half if I get distracted.
    Good... come over & do mine... I have wine
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 10:50 PM
    I had the exact same issue. And finally mustered the courage to format my Priv.

Believe me - totally worth it. It runs like a pro in all departments. So much that I have decided not to change the phone for the next 1 year.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    03-24-17 10:51 PM
    Still a pain in the butt that really needs to be addressed. There should be an easy way to backup and restore the whole damn phone.

Oh, and that is my humble opinion.
    I had a Motorola 3100 wm6 and had carbonite backup... entire phone... one click to do it... one lick to recover... great

HP Pre3 also backed up and recovered like a champ...

Good stuff never lasts...
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 10:53 PM
    I can say that I am having less and less overheating issues with the Priv, which makes me wonder how good the Priv will be on nougat, android 7.
    03-25-17 02:08 AM
    I'm still trying to pinpoint the issue. When my Priv got hot tonight, my WiFi signal was at full strength and the phone was lagging so either it is specific apps or it has something to do with WiFi and MM.
    It's always sad when I see posts about people's Priv's getting hot. When I play games like "beach buggy blitz" my Priv barely gets warm. Even after 20 - 30 minutes of game play.

What I have done is set all updates to "off" and I'll manually update when I want to. I always close my apps when I'm done with them and nothing is left open in the background.

My hub only syncs every 30 minutes and my screen brightness is about half since I'm mostly inside. Maybe it's just one or 2 apps that cause problems or maybe it's your 4G connection with your carrier?
    03-25-17 02:37 AM
    It's always sad when I see posts about people's Priv's getting hot. When I play games like "beach buggy blitz" my Priv barely gets warm. Even after 20 - 30 minutes of game play.

What I have done is set all updates to "off" and I'll manually update when I want to. I always close my apps when I'm done with them and nothing is left open in the background.

My hub only syncs every 30 minutes and my screen brightness is about half since I'm mostly inside. Maybe it's just one or 2 apps that cause problems or maybe it's your 4G connection with your carrier?
    It began after the last update, so I doubt it's carrier, 4G or any app as I didn't install any new app nor deleted one.
    Reseting the Priv would be an option, but it spending a day with setting things up again is not at this very moment. I am fully in a project now and such a reset would cost me a day, which is something I can't afford.
    Maybe in a few weeks, unless the KEYone doesn't come by then.
    03-25-17 03:42 AM
    A reset - including downloading back all the Applications afresh took me 3 hours. Start to finish. Give it a try. It is 100% worth it.

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    03-25-17 07:09 AM
    I'm still trying to pinpoint the issue. When my Priv got hot tonight, my WiFi signal was at full strength and the phone was lagging so either it is specific apps or it has something to do with WiFi and MM.
    Boot it into safe mode, if it doesn't get hot, then it's an app.
    03-25-17 07:21 AM
    You know if you can make Priv eggs or pancakes or even cook some meat on it they could've marketed it as a feature. . .damn their short sightedness!
    03-26-17 11:44 AM
    Interesting...just started reading this post today and decided to pop sim into the Priv. I have been using my Dtek 60 for the last week. As soon as I booted the phone up it was warm. I downloaded the All-In-One Tool box app when I first brought my Priv which has a mode that monitors and cool the CPU. I activated the mode and it cooled the CPU down pretty fast. If you do not have that app you may want to give it a try.
    03-26-17 08:43 PM
    The PRIV doubles as a portable hand warmer for winter months.

I'm surprised the FAA has not signed out our devices as possible exploding handsets lol.
    03-26-17 10:19 PM
    Bay 13,

I downloaded the All-In-One Tool box app and that has helped greatly
    nogutsnoglory likes this.
    03-29-17 02:08 PM
    So I just got the "cooling down" notice for the first time, though I was watching some VR videos on YouTube using a cardboard headset I picked up. I might need to tinker with this thing to add some better venting, having my phone enclosed like that may not be good for it.
    03-29-17 08:05 PM
    So I just got the "cooling down" notice for the first time, though I was watching some VR videos on YouTube using a cardboard headset I picked up. I might need to tinker with this thing to add some better venting, having my phone enclosed like that may not be good for it.
    I also tried the cardboard VR with my Priv, and I agree it gets really hot. I remember reading that the GPU really isn't designed for VR, and as a result, gets very warm.
    03-30-17 03:09 AM
    I had the same issue after March update.. Yesterday I had time to go thru most app cache files.. Cleared cache.. I found out YouTube had around 200 mb cache.. Cleared it off and just revoked it's permissions from 'automatic' to 'ask everytime.' Also disabled apps that I don't use. Turned off phone nd restarted.. It was 70% bat yesterday at 7:00 pm IST.. Till now it's 39% batt today. No battery saving apps. Just default flip to save on. Now no heating up. (I have just two apps:bbm and imo). And my emails sync on. That's it.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-30-17 03:10 AM
    I also tried the cardboard VR with my Priv, and I agree it gets really hot. I remember reading that the GPU really isn't designed for VR, and as a result, gets very warm.
    The one I got has a couple of vents out the side, but the phone is mostly enclosed while it's in the VR headset too, so it's not ideal.

I'm used to passively cooled systems though: I've got an 11" Lenovo Yoga 2 that I couldn't game on because it would get too hot and throttle itself into uselessness, and what I did there was I just set the processor to run at 75% and at least I can play WoW on it.

I'm not sure how taxing Youtube VR is (it's really just a really big video with gyro controls, at the end of the day), but maybe there's a way to keep the system from going all-out for that, while still being "good enough". I remember the specs for Google Cardboard saying the lowest end phone that works with it is a Galaxy Nexus, and I can't even get Pokemon Go to run on one of those, so the phone shouldn't be racing to use 100% power if it doesn't need to be.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-30-17 10:10 AM
41 12