Sorry it has been discussed earlier in the forums but I haven't found any solution yet.

I have tweaked every possible setting like turned off auto sync, disabled battery edge , productivity tab, sound notifications, network is always on 2g while I am not using data, location is always off, all google apps and BlackBerry apps are updated and apps which I use, brightness is always dim, disabled wifi scanning, flip to sleep is turned on I have done every possible setting on the net to get more juice.

Have also installed greenify, clean master.

When playing even light games as low as 14 mb in size my priv gets too hot may burn my hand same with other apps except whatsapp and fb.
    Have disabled some in built apps that are useless. I don't think that is the problem coz have enabled them too and seen the results the problem remains.

Now the battery drain at 11:45am it was fully charged and at 5:30 pm it was at 46%

No heavy usage done in this time listened to music for like an hour made 3 phone calls short and turned on data for 10 mins, location was on for 3-4 mins.

At max I can only get only 8 hours of battery from my priv and when using wifi it gives 6:30 hours to get from 100 to 15% that is unacceptable my z10 used to give me 10 hours of battery life even with auto syncing was on didn't have to tweak it much.

When buying it I thought it will last more than a day coz other phones with this size of battery do last more than a day.
    And BlackBerry says it last for 22.5hours with moderate usage.

Help guys if there is any solution.
    09-08-16 10:44 PM
    I have read these posts about the overheating ever since I have had my Priv, got it the first day it was available. I have not had this problem until this week! The exact same thing you have described, I don't understand what has triggered this , very frustrating!!!!!!

From my Awesome Priv!!!!
    09-08-16 11:00 PM
    I'm having the same problem

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-09-16 06:02 AM
    Using camera, Gmap, Duo for 5 min and device becomes so hot, very frustrating. MM updates have taken care hotness when device is not in use upto larger extent. Blackberry has to concentrate very seriously on optimizing apps for battery usage.
    09-09-16 07:43 AM
    Since this last update as well as some app updates I have seen an improvement with both warmth and battery life. Last night after a normal day I went to bed with it at 49% and no warming up. In my case it doesn't really get hot, but sometimes runs warm.
    Cautiously optimistic and watching it.
    09-09-16 09:29 AM
    I uninstalled Clean Master because it didn't play nice with my battery. I also made sure adaptive brightness was shut off and went to night mode. I am using Nova Launcher.
    09-09-16 11:13 AM
    Hope BlackBerry role out major update and focus more on problems solving rather than focussing on security patches alone.
    09-09-16 11:14 AM
    Hope BlackBerry role out major update and focus more on problems solving rather than focussing on security patches alone.
    I think they are. Priv runs much better than when on Lollipop. There are little nuggets of stuff being done in each update. My experience is I don't have major problems whatever those might be. But you can rest assured BlackBerry is working to give you the best Android experience possible.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-09-16 12:43 PM
    I think they are. Priv runs much better than when on Lollipop. There are little nuggets of stuff being done in each update. My experience is I don't have major problems whatever those might be. But you can rest assured BlackBerry is working to give you the best Android experience possible.
    It is too bad that these followups have occurred relatively far after release. So few will discover what a really terrific device it has become although the AT&T firesale has probably brought over converts or, at least, those willing to try it.

Then there are those of us who have to reluctantly recommend staying away from the Priv on Verizon - that alone should spur BB to confront Verizon!
    newcollector likes this.
    09-09-16 04:51 PM
    I think it's just the fault of the snapdragon 808 processor. I haven't read any phone with this processor having great battery life
    09-09-16 04:54 PM
    Let's see what latest BlackBerry updates do. I just have installed them. Hope for something good.
    09-10-16 03:32 AM
    So another day and a now cool phone and much improved battery life. Seems like either the system update or apps update did something. I know Instgram made my device warm up and that no longer happens.
    Will continue to monitor and chime in.

09-10-16 07:39 AM
    Blackberry has to concentrate very seriously on optimizing apps for battery usage.
    BB has zero control on almost all of the apps, they can't do anything. The app developer has to do that, and most of them don't care or don't know know how. It's up to you to evaluate each app and see how it does. This is why I advise loading one app, then running it for a few days before downloading another.
    And remember, just because you aren't using an app, doesn't mean it isn't running its-self in the background.
    newcollector and FF22 like this.
    09-10-16 07:54 AM
    Well said Wezard. Close apps completely. And if you do not use an app, then disable it.
    09-10-16 08:45 AM
    I had BlackBerry's 2nd level support staff at their H.O. in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada help me with that. Their solutions worked. Try them
    09-10-16 10:08 AM
    I had BlackBerry's 2nd level support staff at their H.O. in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada help me with that. Their solutions worked. Try them
    You could list their solutions.
    Save some of us and them a phone call and time.
    BTW - Welcome to Crackberry
    FF22 likes this.
    09-10-16 03:13 PM
    So back in July I posted:

For me, Priv battery utilization is bizarre. I'll go hours and use 5 to 8 percent even had a 20 minute phone call that took a big 1 percent. Then all of the sudden it's hot to touch and it'll burn through 8 percent in a half hour. Sometimes it'll cool on it's own but I've had other times where in two hours of just checking messages it'll burn through 15 to 30 percent. Then it's cool again. I'm a tech guy so I watch for patterns and very conscious of usage and I've got nothing ... no clue what causes these patterns.

=================================================
    Since then I've tried lots of stuff, including resetting the phone ... and changing a lot of Apps.

My experience is that Settings/Location: High Accuracy was the biggest culprit. When I went to battery saving mode most of the unusual rapid drains went away. I would see big drains just riding the train around Chicago or walking a couple blocks. That said, I also found that Google's stock SMS messaging app - when High Accuracy was on - could overheat the phone while texting in my bedroom. I presume Google apps really like to gather location information. Went to Textra for SMS and saw improvement. Verizon Location Services also caused significant drain. And of course Google Maps and few other apps, always want to turn on high accuracy mode.

The most troubling thing I've observed is that once Location Services is set to High Accuracy or even Device GPS, not only does the rapid battery drain begin, but I see it continue even after I turn it back to battery saving mode. It's like it gets stuck - to stop the drain I have found I have to restart the phone with Location services set to battery saving mode.

That said, after shutting off High Accuracy, going to Textra and dumping Verizon Location services, it's been a cool phone unless I use it heavily and then it's just warm. Battery lasts from 6 a.m. till 11 p.m. Including long days at football games camped on ESPN and Twitter. Anyway still really appreciate my PRIV. ... One man's experience, for what it's worth.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-16 07:55 PM
    Posted this on a couple of other threads, I'v'e put a location master toggle switch on the settings shortcut screen, (the two finger swipe down) right beside airplane mode. Makes it easy to turn on and off, and I keep it off unless I actually need it, This is mainly to keep the spying and data gathering to a minimum, but it does help with heat and battery life.
    Assuming you are on Marshmallow, go through the data settings and turn OFF background cellular data for almost all of your apps, that also helps cut down on spying and helps battery and heat.
    09-17-16 05:55 AM
    My device has been a bit toasty, but that's only with pokemon go and maps for 5 minutes . Otherwise it's cool as a cucumber.

Latest updates installed as well including security patches.

Guess we need to accept some apps are battery draining apps and that's all.

Any device gets hot when using maps and gaming , but in your case I don't know. I honestly don't.

All the best.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv powered by Blackdroid
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry priv heating issue and battery drain-17702.jpg  
    09-17-16 06:48 AM
    Buy bb10 device..... no heating and battery last long

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 07:20 AM
    Since the last security and app updates my device has been mostly very cool and long battery life except for 2 times when I noticed a little warmth and slight increase in battery. The 1st time after investigation I determined that the BBM app which I haven't used was more active that it should. I forced stopped it, HUB and HUB +. It went back to normal.
    The second time happened after I restarted following some app update. Slight warmth which I picked up on easily since it now cool no matter how long I'm on it or what's running. This time I only forced stopped HUB and HUB + services. Back to normal again.
    I'm not sure the HUB + actually stops, but I press it anyway. If it happens again I'm going to only do the HUB.

09-17-16 08:03 AM
    Posted this on a couple of other threads, I'v'e put a location master toggle switch on the settings shortcut screen, (the two finger swipe down) right beside airplane mode. Makes it easy to turn on and off, and I keep it off unless I actually need it, This is mainly to keep the spying and data gathering to a minimum, but it does help with heat and battery life.
    Assuming you are on Marshmallow, go through the data settings and turn OFF background cellular data for almost all of your apps, that also helps cut down on spying and helps battery and heat.
    How do you turn off background cellular data?

#workwide #OG Black
    09-17-16 10:08 AM
    How do you turn off background cellular data?

#workwide #OG Black
    Only works on Marshmallow
    Settings - Data - scroll down, you'll see all your apps, tap each one that you don'y want connecting to the cellular data net, (that'll prob be almost all of them) you'll see a toggle to 'restrict background cellular data'.
    Note that even if you restrict it, when you open the app and want to use it, it will behave as normal, (it's no longer background, until you close it again).
    They can still use wifi in the background, if you have a connection. No way to restrict that, at least that I'm aware of.
    09-17-16 09:28 PM
    Try not to use your priv like a smartphone. Disable anything you can, don't install any apps. And see what'll you get..
    09-18-16 06:52 AM
    just got my phone 3 weeks ago, not having any battery issues but having heating issue. As said by blackberry i'm getting about 22 hours but I did all the things you did to achieve this and added an app called Avast Battery saver. Try this app. The only problem i have is that from time to time the vibrate function stops working, some software issue
    09-18-16 07:39 AM
38 12