BlackBerry Priv, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/black...ugly-jim-opfer
    drano likes this.
    02-07-16 06:35 PM
    yup! The Android OS is better than BB10 as far as I'm concerned. Easier to use and easy to learn. riv owners get great BB features like hub and kb and well, so do the Android owners too! SO it's a win-win.
    paulbbp and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    02-07-16 07:26 PM
    yup! The Android OS is better than BB10 as far as I'm concerned. Easier to use and easy to learn. riv owners get great BB features like hub and kb and well, so do the Android owners too! SO it's a win-win.
    You are kidding. You are? Yes? :O

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    02-07-16 08:33 PM
    You are kidding. You are? Yes? :O

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    Evolve or die.

*A3-A20
    02-07-16 08:50 PM
    I agree, evolve or die, BUT in no way are the hub and keyboard better on the Priv than they are on BB10 phones.
    02-07-16 09:07 PM
    I agree, evolve or die, BUT in no way are the hub and keyboard better on the Priv than they are on BB10 phones.
    And to add to that, in no way is Android better then BlackBerry 10 purely from an OS standpoint. For the sack of argument, let's all but eliminate BlackBerry's stance on security for BlackBerry 10 OS and allow it to manage the same app ecosystem and access to Google Play Services as seen in Android.

Which OS would you take then?

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    xxslxx, tmf06, Chris Pryd and 4 others like this.
    02-07-16 10:13 PM
    Yet. Even if they're 0 for 2, that's not to say that they can't/won't improve these features. It's in the best interest of the company to do just that, so why does there need to be constant hostility when the same company has proven themselves?

I'm not trying to single you out, but we're talking about their first effort at something new.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by CarvinSigX; 02-09-16 at 07:56 AM.
    02-07-16 10:21 PM
    I prefer BlackBerry 10 OS over Android primarily because of security less preinstalled junkware.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-08-16 02:46 AM
    The HUB is definitely not as good. Doesn't mean it won't get better over time though.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-08-16 09:13 AM
    what I don't understand is why are all theses so called blackberry fans ,moderators,ambassadors and such like now jumping up and down saying how good android compared to bb10,why did they even bother staying with blackberry in the first place why what till now to jump ship and why are they still on this site if they think bb10 is that bad maybe they should leave and go to android central because lets face it that's what the priv is a android phone and NOT a blackberry it just has some blackberry apps on ......(now stands back and waits for the back lash that I know will come from the turn coats )
    I think you have to accept the fact that Android and iOS are the 2 mobile platforms that will survive. As hard as it was for me to accept I have done so and my next phone will be Android powered by BlackBerry so I can have my BlackBerry software fully integrated.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    boobookittyfk likes this.
    02-08-16 09:16 AM
    There is no way i would accept the Priv being a true BB phone, the build quality of every one I've seen , used , and hear about is terrible except from people like that have accepted to move on, which does not mean its better , it just means you settled for what they have given you.
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 02-09-16 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Quoted post deleted
    dejanh and gfondeur like this.
    02-08-16 01:08 PM
    Well, you just had to light the blue touchpaper dintcha? *puts on goggles and waits for the fireworks*

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-08-16 01:26 PM
    WOW! Android's so cool. Evolve or die. Not!

I have the proper hub, gestures and blend. Accept or die.
    FF22 and gfondeur like this.
    02-08-16 01:36 PM
    Like I said, Crackberry and its community has evolved to accept both Android and BB10. This is the reality. What everyone prefers to use really is irrelevant.

02-08-16 01:48 PM
    Here's my two cents on the matter.

Tell me how I can control background data usage and app permissions on an LG F6 running KitKat without gaining root access.

I can easily do it with OS10.3
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-08-16 02:01 PM
    Here's my two cents on the matter.

Tell me how I can control background data usage and app permissions on an LG F6 running KitKat without gaining root access.

I can easily do it with OS10.3
    You're correct, you can't on Kitkat.

Rustybronco likes this.
    02-08-16 02:21 PM
    Just bought a Priv last night for my wife. The hub is, yes, terrible.

Passport SE
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-08-16 05:22 PM
    "Wow, my Chrome bookmarks sync to my phone". Ya, okay grandpa, settle down now. That worked on BlackBerry 10 too if you really wanted to use Chrome and you really wanted Google to babysit your data. It's details like these that really take away from the credibility of the "reviewer". The guy likes his PRIV, and that's cool, but it's hardly the best device BlackBerry made. No, in fact it's probably one of the worst, in line with the Torch 9800. PRIV 2 if it ever comes, much like Torch 9810, will likely be substantially better than the current iteration.
    gfondeur likes this.
    02-08-16 05:27 PM
    probably one of the worst, in line with the Torch 9800.
    No you didn't just throw 9800 under the bus... okay I did get onto 9810 as soon as possible. Lol

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-08-16 05:48 PM
    Happy that I created such an exciting thread. I DO love my Priv.

02-08-16 09:48 PM
    I don't believe the build quality is any worse on the Priv than any BB10 device I have owned. There have been pros and cons to every BB10 device as well as the Priv. The Priv is by no means an inferior device to any of the Bb10 devices, it brings more pro's than cons to the table.
    02-08-16 09:54 PM
    Yep, all I can say

02-08-16 10:31 PM
    Better find a Pebble watch so I can match it with a Priv #smh

Posted from my Blackberry Classic
    02-08-16 11:07 PM
    Yet. Even if they're 0 for 2, that's not to say that they can't/won't improve these features. It's in the best interest of the company to do just that, so why does there need to be constant hostility when the same company has proven themselves.

I'm not trying to single you out, but we're talking about their first effort at something new.

I can totally see a passport running android, which defeats the keyboard argument. Yet the hub can't integrate into apps, like it does on BB10. With the priv, twitter for example, it jumps out of the hub and into the native twitter app. Whereas BB10 just does everything in the Hub.

Besides it is an opinion haha. As long as Blackberry lives on as a Canadian brand I'm happy and i'll continue to support them. My only difference is that BB10 is my OS by choice.
    02-09-16 12:03 AM
    And to add to that, in no way is Android better then BlackBerry 10 purely from an OS standpoint. For the sack of argument, let's all but eliminate BlackBerry's stance on security for BlackBerry 10 OS and allow it to manage the same app ecosystem and access to Google Play Services as seen in Android.

Which OS would you take then?

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    You hit the nail on the head! I totally agree, if BB10 had the apps, there would be no reason to choose android. (thankfully snap v.2 still works! even though no google play services app)
    02-09-16 12:05 AM
30 12