Hi, Iv'e been looking to connect my PRIV with our BES 12. But im I wrong or we need to install the 3rd party BES12 apps on google store ? Every device branded BlackBerry should come with embedded tools to sync and connect with BES*? If anyone know more about that feel free to inform. thanks
    11-09-15 09:50 AM
    yes you need to begin enrolling to BES12 using BES12 client app on the store.
    Sebastien Boudrias likes this.
    11-09-15 09:56 AM
    that is such a downgrade from blackberry... client should be include in the OS of the phone, it's got a logo blackberry on the device. thanks for your answer.
    11-09-15 10:26 AM
    that is such a downgrade from blackberry... client should be in the phone, it wrote blackberry on the device. thanks for your answer.
    Just another fail. Lack of File Manager, BES12 client, etc. Should be all installed on the phone. As an IT admin, I hated to provision a non-BB10 device as I had to install a client.
    Sebastien Boudrias likes this.
    11-09-15 10:29 AM
    So no work drives?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 07:31 PM
    It's probably because you need to install through Play if you want update notifications when client gets an update, otherwise you have to manually update and it saves some clicks but not a lot.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 08:29 PM
    So no work drives?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Lots missing for an enterprise phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    11-09-15 10:05 PM
    And from what I've been told, Gold licenses are required, there's a particular license that has Secure Connect Plus support. But I also need the secure workspace, silver may work if not using that, but not sure.
    11-09-15 10:13 PM
    Hi, Iv'e been looking to connect my PRIV with our BES 12. But im I wrong or we need to install the 3rd party BES12 apps on google store ? Every device branded BlackBerry should come with embedded tools to sync and connect with BES*? If anyone know more about that feel free to inform. thanks
    Why don't you let your IT department do it for you? You're complaining about having to download the app from the Play Store. The fact that you're looking at 3rd party apps instead of the BlackBerry Limited apps is enough evidence that you should let someone set the phone up for you.
    11-09-15 10:33 PM
    I'm a bit confused here. I have a BES12 server and want to make sure it's ready for the Priv. Looking at this document:
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/bes12...055084346.html

it looks like I need to configure Android for Work, which also seems to be $50 a user for the Google for Work domain. Is this required to use the secure workspace?

And what apps would I need to push through in a policy? The document makes it sound like I need to pretty much install everything, Blackberry Services, BES12 client, Hub, Contacts/Calendar etc. I also see a separate Secure Workspace app and Secure Connect Plus app.

What do I actually need to do?
    11-10-15 08:27 AM
    I'm a bit confused here. I have a BES12 server and want to make sure it's ready for the Priv. Looking at this document:
    https://help.blackberry.com/en/bes12...055084346.html

it looks like I need to configure Android for Work, which also seems to be $50 a user for the Google for Work domain. Is this required to use the secure workspace?

And what apps would I need to push through in a policy? The document makes it sound like I need to pretty much install everything, Blackberry Services, BES12 client, Hub, Contacts/Calendar etc. I also see a separate Secure Workspace app and Secure Connect Plus app.

What do I actually need to do?
    Do you have a Google apps domain you have this BES 12 on?
    11-10-15 08:37 AM
    Do you have a Google apps domain you have this BES 12 on?
    Currently not, as we are so far only using BB10 devices. I do have a few Gold Secure Work Space licenses, but I didn't consider a need to pay Google.
    11-10-15 08:49 AM
    You should post your "issue" in the Enterprise/BES12 forum.

Of course you have to download the BES12 client! Why would you want software pre-installed that you're never going to use. In the same way that you have the choice whether or not to connect a BB10 or BBOS handset to a BES... Not every BlackBerry out there is enterprise-activated.

I don't think you understand how this works and you should check out that forum.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 08:54 AM
    Currently not, as we are so far only using BB10 devices. I do have a few Gold Secure Work Space licenses, but I didn't consider a need to pay Google.
    you'd need to configure your BES12 server as it would serve an android user, that's what the Priv is...those apps linked on the article are the apps you need to provision on the server, as they should have been installed already on the Priv out of the box.
    11-10-15 09:03 AM
    I posted here because someone posted asking about BES12 and the Priv and that thread was locked by a mod with a link to this one.

For the apps, it's not a huge deal, but I am not really liking that it seems we have to pay Google $50 a year per user on top of the BES license. So I'm really wanting to get confirmation that we do indeed have to pay Google for each Priv user to use the secure work space or to use it on BES12 in general.
    11-10-15 09:08 AM
    I posted here because someone posted asking about BES12 and the Priv and that thread was locked by a mod with a link to this one.

For the apps, it's not a huge deal, but I am not really liking that it seems we have to pay Google $50 a year per user on top of the BES license. So I'm really wanting to get confirmation that we do indeed have to pay Google for each Priv user to use the secure work space.
    Google apps is an email service like you would with office 365. So no need. What I am reading there is you need to provision those on the server so it pushes it to the device's workspace. who is your email provider currently?
    11-10-15 09:11 AM
    Google apps is an email service like you would with office 365. So no need. What I am reading there is you need to provision those on the server so it pushes it to the device's workspace. who is your email provider currently?
    Internal Exchange 2010 server.

I'm thinking I either need to switch providers or hope I get one of these on Verizon before any users just so I have a device to figure this out.
    11-10-15 09:33 AM
    You should post your "issue" in the Enterprise/BES12 forum.

Of course you have to download the BES12 client! Why would you want software pre-installed that you're never going to use. In the same way that you have the choice whether or not to connect a BB10 or BBOS handset to a BES... Not every BlackBerry out there is enterprise-activated.

I don't think you understand how this works and you should check out that forum.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. But with a BB10 device, they all come prepared to be connected to a BES server with no software required.
    11-10-15 10:02 AM
    Yes. But with a BB10 device, they all come prepared to be connected to a BES server with no software required.
    Splitting hairs. So he has to download a free client. It's nothing to rip BlackBerry for. Having the client pre-installed has questionable value for someone who will never use it. If it was pre-installed we'd be complaining about bloatware.
    11-10-15 11:21 AM
    Splitting hairs. So he has to download a free client. It's nothing to rip BlackBerry for. Having the client pre-installed has questionable value for someone who will never use it. If it was pre-installed we'd be complaining about bloatware.
    Ever run an IT shop and have to provision phones? BB10 is simple, iOS and Android are a PITA. It takes time and money. BlackBerry is releasing a phone that makes IT departments spend more time and resources installing clients when they could just load it up. Make it allowed to be removed and all is good. They don't seem to want to make this phone for enterprises.
    11-10-15 02:44 PM
    Ever run an IT shop and have to provision phones? BB10 is simple, iOS and Android are a PITA. It takes time and money. BlackBerry is releasing a phone that makes IT departments spend more time and resources installing clients when they could just load it up. Make it allowed to be removed and all is good. They don't seem to want to make this phone for enterprises.
    That's a fair point about provisioning a large number of phones. I run my own BES and really don't see how provisioning iOS and Android are that difficult? I've provisioned my wife's iPad and iPhone and also an Android test device...no issues. I don't agree with the last point about BlackBerry not wanting to make this phone for enterprises. Pure FUD.
    11-10-15 04:03 PM
    So BES 12.0 admin here, yes you will require a Gold license to get Secure Work space on the Priv if you want just basic MDM controls then a silver license will work, really this is an Android device!

There are other licenses for 12.2 and 12.3 that work with the Priv secure work connect or something forget what it's called, but I have not touched them yet and they are not gold or silver they are a different license.

And i don't agree that apps should be pre installed you download on app and activate and then you are set, no point having apps on your device 90% of people don't use. Remember that BlackBerry is trying to keep this as stock Android as possible.
    webmeister and anon(2313227) like this.
    11-10-15 07:23 PM
    That's a fair point about provisioning a large number of phones. I run my own BES and really don't see how provisioning iOS and Android are that difficult? I've provisioned my wife's iPad and iPhone and also an Android test device...no issues. I don't agree with the last point about BlackBerry not wanting to make this phone for enterprises. Pure FUD.
    How about when you have 60 offices over 4 states and one person managing all the mobile devices? With BB10 devices, they can be shipped directly to the site and just have to be activated. The process is much simpler, but if you have a better way to make a resource and cost efficient method to do the same with iOS and Android, I would love to hear it.

So where is the built in file manager, work drives, and all the other enterprise goodies that are on BB10 devices and not on the Priv.
    11-10-15 08:14 PM
    So BES 12.0 admin here, yes you will require a Gold license to get Secure Work space on the Priv if you want just basic MDM controls then a silver license will work, really this is an Android device!

There are other licenses for 12.2 and 12.3 that work with the Priv secure work connect or something forget what it's called, but I have not touched them yet and they are not gold or silver they are a different license.

And i don't agree that apps should be pre installed you download on app and activate and then you are set, no point having apps on your device 90% of people don't use. Remember that BlackBerry is trying to keep this as stock Android as possible.
    Stock Android isn't designed for Enterprises. BlackBerry isn't doing itself any service with trying to get Enterprises to buy the priv if they have to do a lot of work to get it up and running on BES. BlackBerry 10 was the only true BES 12 device.
    11-10-15 08:16 PM
    It is not really hard to send an email with step to activate. First step go to playstore and download Bes 12 client.
    That's pretty much the only thing you need to add to your BB10 instruction. Whats the big deal. I rather not have it if i don't have a need for it.
    11-10-15 08:22 PM
47 12