February updates up.
    02-13-17 04:38 PM
    February updates up.
    Autoloaders STV100-4 available before OTA - c'mon BlackBerry you could do better...
    02-15-17 05:55 AM
    There's a way to install the autoloader without wipe the device..but I forgot...
    02-15-17 05:57 AM
    There's a way to install the autoloader without wipe the device..but I forgot...
    Can it be done that way? I'd love to know
    02-15-17 05:58 AM
    Can it be done that way? I'd love to know
    Found it...
    If you would like to preserve data when flashing autoloaders, i.e. upgrade without reset your phone to factory default, follow this:
    Open flashall script and comment out two lines that run below commands:
    fastboot.exe oem securewipe
    flash userdata %IMG%\userdata.img

Then run flashall script as usual.

Above are all tested on my phone without problem.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/bla...rrier-t3447949
    Cong Tuan Nguyen and gizmo21 like this.
    02-15-17 06:02 AM
    Ok, as a decade long BB user and just recently (last month) moving to a Priv via an Assurion insurance replacement for my ATT Passport, I am a little unsure about whether I can upgrade my OS or not. The phone was provided by Assurion insurance since my Passport was damaged. I have all of the ATT bloatware on it, though disabled. I am still under contract for this phone so it is not unlocked, as far as I know.

I am currently on build #AAG873 , which as far as I can tell, is the MM OS. People keep talking about patches and upgrades, but when I check for software updates it says I have the latest. Am I able to autoload a higher build onto this phone or do I HAVE to wait for ATT to push it? Also, the Priv cannot be rooted, correct? Not that I would want to, but just inquiring.
    02-21-17 02:22 PM
    Ok, as a decade long BB user and just recently (last month) moving to a Priv via an Assurion insurance replacement for my ATT Passport, I am a little unsure about whether I can upgrade my OS or not. The phone was provided by Assurion insurance since my Passport was damaged. I have all of the ATT bloatware on it, though disabled. I am still under contract for this phone so it is not unlocked, as far as I know.

I am currently on build #AAG873 , which as far as I can tell, is the MM OS. People keep talking about patches and upgrades, but when I check for software updates it says I have the latest. Am I able to autoload a higher build onto this phone or do I HAVE to wait for ATT to push it? Also, the Priv cannot be rooted, correct? Not that I would want to, but just inquiring.
    It cannot be rooted, and yes, you can (must) use the autoloader specific to the AT&T variant.

DTEK60 / Z30
    02-21-17 06:43 PM
    Someone on xda install 'common'. Autoloader to att Priv, just look at the thread on xda
    02-21-17 06:57 PM
    Found it...
    If you would like to preserve data when flashing autoloaders, i.e. upgrade without reset your phone to factory default, follow this:
    Open flashall script and comment out two lines that run below commands:
    fastboot.exe oem securewipe
    flash userdata %IMG%\userdata.img

Then run flashall script as usual.

Above are all tested on my phone without problem.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/bla...rrier-t3447949
    I tried that method to update my Verizon Priv when I had not received MM as soon as some others. It did NOT work for me. And it bricked my Priv - flashing blue led. I then had to use the regular Autoloader file (un-edited) and so all my data was wiped anyway. Maybe others have used it successfully. I was not so lucky.
    02-23-17 12:27 AM
    @FF22 congrats for your trip to barca.
    02-23-17 04:58 AM
    @FF22 congrats for your trip to barca.
    Thanks. It should be fun. As old as I am, I have not been to Spain for longer than many of you have been born .
    02-23-17 08:23 AM
    Hehe but I already saw another member who wants to celebrate his 50+ birthday so you are not alone

[But sorry for thread-jacking] [/offtopic]
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-17 08:40 AM
    Marshmallow has been out of Beta for a long time. ....

Unless you are already in the Beta program, non of the stuff you mentioned will make any difference.
    If there is an autoloader available to you for your device, and you are not a current Beta tester, your'e good to go. ...

I am a current Beta tester, or at least I was. That was how I received marshmallow early.

Should I remove myself out of beta, do a "factory data reset," or an autoloader?

Lately it's been horrible, 7am 100 % then at 11am, 68%.

Thanks
    03-16-17 01:48 AM
    Heya, searched elsewhere, no luck..

Due to bluetooth issues not seen on the Feb update, I am rolling back from the March update to try to fix my BT issues...

System keeps asking me to install the march update, how do I tell it to p1ss off?

thanks in advance...!

-j
    03-17-17 04:52 PM
    Heya, searched elsewhere, no luck..

Due to bluetooth issues not seen on the Feb update, I am rolling back from the March update to try to fix my BT issues...

System keeps asking me to install the march update, how do I tell it to p1ss off?

thanks in advance...!

-j
    Once you go forward you can't go back.
    03-17-17 05:21 PM
    uhm, i think not.. i already wiped my fone, and reloaded with feb. autoloader... doin the app update shuffle now.. yay
    03-17-17 05:26 PM
    uhm, i think not.. i already wiped my fone, and reloaded with feb. autoloader... doin the app update shuffle now.. yay
    Hmm. Alrighty then. Lol
    03-17-17 05:27 PM
    wouldnt lie, dood.. i could screenshot it but dont have anything setup yet

now to turn off the sys update notification.. probably cant.

edit-- long pressed on the notification, turned off google play notifications.. hopefully it doesnt self-install.. i think i got it. (i do manual app updates, btw)
    03-17-17 05:29 PM
    wouldnt lie, dood.. i could screenshot it but dont have anything setup yet
    I believe you. Just wouldn't work the few times I tried.
    03-17-17 05:29 PM
    I AM CRACKBERRY GAWD!!

just kidding, i`m yer normal cb slob

mebe i got lucky?

couldnt get it to work via win10.. had to install BB usb drivers under win7, run as admin, and it started fastboot loader.. i duno. i did start it from the green txt fastboot selector screen tho.. mebe that helps?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-17-17 05:37 PM
    Would doing a Factory Data reset through the phone settings be adequate if you were to sell the phone? Or is the autoloader method preferred?

I've been having some trouble finding the exact differences between doing a Factory Data reset and using the Autoloaders.
    03-18-17 04:21 PM
    Would doing a Factory Data reset through the phone settings be adequate if you were to sell the phone? Or is the autoloader method preferred?

I've been having some trouble finding the exact differences between doing a Factory Data reset and using the Autoloaders.
    AFAICT they should pretty much do the same thing, although factory wiping doesn't change the OS version the same way upgrading with an autoloader does.

PS, if you're selling, make sure to deactivate the anti-theft.
    Event4izon likes this.
    03-18-17 04:32 PM
    AFAICT they should pretty much do the same thing, although factory wiping doesn't change the OS version the same way upgrading with an autoloader does.

PS, if you're selling, make sure to deactivate the anti-theft.
    Is the anti theft disabled through the settings on the phone or through the Google account settings online?
    03-18-17 06:18 PM
    Is the anti theft disabled through the settings on the phone or through the Google account settings online?
    Google account. Scrubbing that off the phone should disable factory reset prevention.
    Event4izon likes this.
    03-18-17 06:21 PM
    I am a current Beta tester, or at least I was. That was how I received marshmallow early.

Should I remove myself out of beta, do a "factory data reset," or an autoloader?

Lately it's been horrible, 7am 100 % then at 11am, 68%.

Thanks
    I figured the culprit. After having deleting Android Wear and Asus ZenWatch, I a noticed significant battery improvement. Has anyone had battery problems with Android Wear / Asus ZenWatch apps?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-18-17 11:03 PM
590 ... 1516171819 ...