All over the ads BlackBerry is running for the Priv they keep hammering the fact it is #PoweredByAndroid. So much so that in half of the ads they even forget to add a #BlackBerry tag → https://instagram.com/p/9dmDbEGrFv/ (attached below for clarity).

But obviously BlackBerry is the company that is making this device happen. It is a physical keyboard/slider device, which wouldn't exist at all without BlackBerry. So why the heck won't they at least include a #PoweredByBlackBerry or even #SecuredByBB or #DesignedByBB tag to it?! Is the BlackBerry brand so tarnished that even they themselves don't dare to use it proudly anymore?

Every single one of the official ads for the Priv is absolutely terribad. Either the message is unclear, the product is not even featured (&#128531, the colour scheme is bad (white on white, black on black, really?) or the text is ambiguous. I'm not one to jump on the "set up to fail" bandwagon, but we have been complaining about poor advertising since the first BB10 release and they still find ways to lower the bar even now...

</end rant>
    BlackBerry powered by Android, Android powered by BlackBerry, Privacy, Privilege, Security? Make up -img_20151031_160747.png

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    Romed and Q10Bold like this.
    10-31-15 10:14 AM
    i also dont know what makes this particular "android" by blackberry secure for the most part its running the same software thats on other android devices
    10-31-15 10:58 AM
    Most people are unaware that Blackberry devices run BB10 lol. So they need to get the word out that yes this is a Blackberry device but it runs the full Android OS meaning full Google services and Google Play store apps.
    As well more than likely its part of the deal that Blackberry made with Google as all OHA devices display powered by Goggle logos when you boot them up.
    10-31-15 11:32 AM
    i also dont know what makes this particular "android" by blackberry secure for the most part its running the same software thats on other android devices
    Here's how BlackBerry secured Android on the Priv | CrackBerry.com
    10-31-15 11:33 AM
    BlackBerry powered by Android, Android powered by BlackBerry, Privacy, Privilege, Security? Make up -img_20151103_230249.png
    Hahaha these things are getting worse and worse, who is running their instagram account?!

11-03-15 04:04 PM
    All over the ads BlackBerry is running for the Priv they keep hammering the fact it is #PoweredByAndroid. So much so that in half of the ads they even forget to add a #BlackBerry tag
    You don't really think all these "ads" are actually from BlackBerry, do you?
    11-03-15 04:42 PM
    I think just about a year ago Google wrote that into to OHA use term for ANDROID. Even Galaxy handsets say that on marketing and start screens "powered by Android"
    11-03-15 04:53 PM
    I think just about a year ago Google wrote that into to OHA use term for ANDROID. Even Galaxy handsets say that on marketing and start screens "powered by Android"
    I guess that helps to add the appearance of authenticity to the fake ads.

And still no word that BlackBerry is a member of the OHA or that the Android runtime has to be removed from BB10, or else.

Where are the Android Police when you need them?
    11-03-15 05:19 PM
    You don't really think all these "ads" are actually from BlackBerry, do you?
    I'm taking these images directly from the official BlackBerry instagram channel. Which they even promoted a short while ago as one of their official and active channels.

11-03-15 05:19 PM
    I'm taking these images directly from the official BlackBerry instagram channel. Which they even promoted a short while ago as one of their official and active channels..
    And you're saying that only BlackBerry can post images on that channel?
    11-03-15 05:29 PM
    ... Yes, you don't know how instagram works? It's like facebook/twitter and stuff that BlackBerry posts there comes from BlackBerry (marketing).

BB-JAM215 likes this.
    11-03-15 06:07 PM