The Problem: this information and how it can effect your charger performance is neglected to the hoot and correct information of supplied cable is as rare as hen's tooth. They don't print any information on cable either and after market suppliers just keep pushing stuff as per their 'standards'.

Actually there are a number of companies that are specifying what wire gauge is used inside their cables these days. Aukey is one, TronSmart is another, etc. Now that so many people have very high current-draw phones and tablets, they are starting to become aware of this issue, as they find out after buying a cheapo charger or cable or both, that they can't get their device to charge in a reasonable time, or in some cases to charge at all.

An excellent and very straightforward tool for BB10 devices for visualizing this is the BatteryGuru app from Engenuity. You can easily and immediately see exactly how many watts of power a particular charger/cable combination is delivering to the device. The difference from one cable to the other can be stark indeed. That's a key reason I stopped using retractable USB cables for that purpose several years ago - the conductors are way too small for fast charging and BatteryGuru makes it really easy to compare one to the other.

Bring back the mini usb of the previous designs. I rarely had heard of issues with them
    Actually the organization responsible for the USB standards specifically designed the MicroUSB connector to stand up to far more insert/remove cycles than the MiniUSB connector and verified this with tests, you can lookup the exact differential in their standards documents. I don't miss MiniUSB at all.
    jope28 likes this.
    02-07-16 11:52 PM
    I've got through two brand new cables within three months.

The Micro USB is such a **** designed port. Please consider making your own like Apple
    Time to buy better quality ones.

I've got 3-4yearld Sony and Samsung Micro USB cables that still work fine.
    02-08-16 09:45 AM
    02-08-16 03:10 PM
    Non proprietary cables and ports is one of the things I love about BlackBerry phones.
    02-22-16 09:06 AM
    So you are the only one having issues but we can't call you careless? Sorry, but I have had maybe 2 micro USB cables die out of maybe 50. Buy a third party one instead of attacking people who are trying to help you.
    I agree that USB C is the future and would be surprised if any high end phone going forward doesn't have it.
    02-22-16 09:56 AM
105 ... 345