I'm using Nova Launcher, but I find BlackBerry Launcher runs frequently... if I kill the process, it comes back. Why would it be running when it is not the selected launcher?
    01-29-17 12:15 AM
    I'm using Nova Launcher, but I find BlackBerry Launcher runs frequently... if I kill the process, it comes back. Why would it be running when it is not the selected launcher?
    Go on power management then background apps and prevent it form running in background. After display turns off all wont run. Also turn of app from listening for notifications. Go on notification center and then notification access.
    01-29-17 02:23 AM
    Go on power management then background apps and prevent it form running in background. After display turns off all wont run. Also turn of app from listening for notifications. Go on notification center and then notification access.
    Where is power management?
    hypersonic1990 likes this.
    01-29-17 06:15 AM
    Long press on the BlackBerry Launcher icon on the Nova home screen. Select app info. Tap Force Stop. You may have to do this each time you reboot.
    01-29-17 08:16 AM
    I just fully switched to Nova Launcher last night...
    I turned off notifications for BlackBerry Launcher.
    I've been using the PRIV for about 4 hrs off charger and the BlackBerry Launcher hasn't used any battery.

Off topic: I've had the PRIV for over a year now just using the stock BlackBerry Launcher... I have to say, I should've changed to Nova sooner. I've never used the keyboard shortcuts. I think the swipe gestures on Nova are more useful for me.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Launcher runs even when not used-7247.jpg  
    newcollector likes this.
    01-29-17 09:18 AM
    If only we could get the red splat notifications when using Nova I'd make the jump myself!
    01-29-17 09:41 AM
    If only we could get the red splat notifications when using Nova I'd make the jump myself!
    No BlackBerry spark, but there's Tesla Unread to compliment Nova Launcher.

BlackBerry Launcher runs even when not used-screenshot_2017-01-29-12-21-32.jpg
    FF22, newcollector and matthewkuhl like this.
    01-29-17 12:24 PM
    I can only imagine how much more use the keyboard shortcuts will get on the mercury since it's always there. I will have to see how I use it and find out.
    01-30-17 11:51 AM
    I too switched to Nova Launcher Prime and love it. The only time BlackBerry Launcher works is when I switch to it from the settings app and go to Home and tick Nova Launcher. Should disable BlackBerry Launcher.
    01-30-17 12:00 PM
    I use Tesla unread on my back up Android phone and it provides the same functionality of the splat, except it also provides the number of unread.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-30-17 01:39 PM
    I liked how simple BlackBerry's take over of Android was.... but sorta expected them to make some improvements over the last year.

Another big supporter of NOVA PRIME... give it a try with the lite version, and I expect your see the worth of paying for the full version.
    01-30-17 02:06 PM
    I wish we were able to disable the BB Launcher though. For some weird reason, the BB Launcher loads up, then switches back to Nova.
    01-30-17 03:23 PM