I was looking at the screenshots of the BlackBerry Keyboard in Google Play and noticed the emotions part of it looks identical to SwiftKey.

So that makes me think that the Android version of the BlackBerry Keyboard is nothing more than a reskinned clone version of SwiftKey with word flick added.

I know the BB10 version uses SwiftKey technology but it's actually better than SwiftKey when it comes to predictions and accuracy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    kdklein likes this.
    11-02-15 11:55 AM
    I am hoping the BB10 kb on android is better than SwiftKey because I don't like it on my Android. I am waiting for the BB kb to be available for us android users eventually.
    11-02-15 04:14 PM
    'word flick added'
    It's identical to the BlackBerry 10 keyboard and BlackBerry uses best practices and guidelines in their android apps from the looks of it. It probably has nothing in common except for whatever the BlackBerry version of the keyboard has.
    11-02-15 04:28 PM
    I was looking at the screenshots of the BlackBerry Keyboard in Google Play and noticed the emotions part of it looks identical to SwiftKey.

So that makes me think that the Android version of the BlackBerry Keyboard is nothing more than a reskinned clone version of SwiftKey with word flick added.

I know the BB10 version uses SwiftKey technology but it's actually better than SwiftKey when it comes to predictions and accuracy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The BlackBerry 10 keyboard was based on SwiftKey, but it was a much more refined version of SwiftKey. I would presume that the Android variant is the same as the BlackBerry 10.
    11-02-15 04:44 PM
    The BlackBerry 10 keyboard is licensed from swiftkey.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 04:44 PM
    From a functional standpoint, the only part that may be shared with Swiftkey is the word prediction. The keyboard layout, word flick on keys, gestures between keyboards, holding letters for caps, and the extra row when entering passwords are still unique to BB's vkb as they aren't on SwiftKey's Android app (or any other Android keyboard I have tried). Of course, SwiftKey and others have features not found on BB's vkb like haptic feedback, customized key heights, setting delays, etc...
    11-02-15 05:02 PM