I think if BlackBerry merged android with bb10, this will give great result
    Like android secured core along with bb10 universal search and hub and other bb10 great futures,

The user need to feel that is this android phone or its BlackBerry,

If they did this I think they will have strong come back.

What do you think.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:53 AM
    Technically you can't merge BlackBerry OS and android OS...
    10-10-15 11:05 AM
    I wouldn't try to analyze the word "merge" too much. Chen is very sloppy and imprecise with his words, so you can't read too much into his choice there.

I would love to see the Priv get a lot of BB10 features. Hopefully they can do that without introducing a lot of weight and lag. Stock android, especially M, has a decent snappiness to it. You'd want to preserve that I think.
    10-10-15 11:09 AM
    To be COMPLETELY honest, in my opinion, the ONE thing that BB10 provides that the other OS's don't is the Hub for all of our notifications and messages in one place AND a simple gesture to get there from anywhere.

Other than that, I'm sure that I can adapt to Android in every other way. I've played around on my wife's old Galaxy and most things are pretty simple to navigate and share files, etc. The only thing that she's missing is the Hub and, as I said, an easy way to get there from anywhere within the OS.

If BlackBerry can do that [seemingly] simple thing within their customized version of Android, then I am sold and I'm sure that they will win many customers over. If they can't bring that, in some form, then that would also be the deal breaker for me. There are many things that Android can offer than will be very appealing, but there are only so many things that I would be willing to compromise on. That would be one of those things that I would not choose to give up.
    10-10-15 11:29 AM
    I think if BlackBerry merged android with bb10, this will give great result
    Like android secured core along with bb10 universal search and hub and other bb10 great futures,

The user need to feel that is this android phone or its BlackBerry,

If they did this I think they will have strong come back.

What do you think.

Posted via CB10
    They should buy a food mixer and just do that... it's that simple!
    10-10-15 11:40 AM
    I think you owe me a Nickel

Z10
    10-10-15 11:46 AM
    Technically you can't merge BlackBerry OS and android OS...
    A true hybrid of the two, no. But BlackBerry could implement aspects of BB10 into Android in such as way that they would feel natural in much the same way they do on BB10.
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-10-15 11:56 AM
    To be COMPLETELY honest, in my opinion, the ONE thing that BB10 provides that the other OS's don't is the Hub for all of our notifications and messages in one place AND a simple gesture to get there from anywhere.

Other than that, I'm sure that I can adapt to Android in every other way. I've played around on my wife's old Galaxy and most things are pretty simple to navigate and share files, etc. The only thing that she's missing is the Hub and, as I said, an easy way to get there from anywhere within the OS.

If BlackBerry can do that [seemingly] simple thing within their customized version of Android, then I am sold and I'm sure that they will win many customers over. If they can't bring that, in some form, then that would also be the deal breaker for me. There are many things that Android can offer than will be very appealing, but there are only so many things that I would be willing to compromise on. That would be one of those things that I would not choose to give up.
    I think we will see this customized version in the future not only from BlackBerry but from other OEMs as well.

Aside from that, I have owned three Android handsets since 2011 with one of them being for the entire length of its two year contract. Even though I was still on BBOS7 at the time as well I was never able to get used to the Android OS. There is just something about it that annoys the heck out of me.
    10-10-15 12:01 PM
    If BlackBerry stop develop the BB10 and go with Android only, why not within a time frame (let said 2 years) release the BB10 source code under open source just like Android and see the result.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-10-15 01:23 PM
    If BlackBerry stop develop the BB10 and go with Android only, why not within a time frame (let said 2 years) release the BB10 source code under open source just like Android and see the result.
    I hope they will do this rather than put it away in a vault. But unlike Android, of course, they don't have a business model to support and promote it as much as Google has.
    10-10-15 02:39 PM
    That's not the only feature universal search is a killer feature for me.

Posted via CB10
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    10-10-15 06:24 PM
    It's very simple, core level is android, and apps level is mixed with bb10 apps. Means they will develop the bb10 apps for android, then user level is SD card only means locked boot loader so no root or any other security problem.

It should be like this.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:12 PM