Just got my Priv, waiting for it to update. I haven't put in my Sim or SD yet. I wanted to wait to pop those in. My question: when transferring my contect, should I use BlackBerry Link or BlackBerry Content Transfer? I think I recently read horror stories of when people used BB Content Transfer but I can't find what I read. Can anyone offer some advise?

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    05-05-16 10:35 AM
    BlackBerry Content Transfer worked very well for me (PP to Priv)

Just got my Priv, waiting for it to update. I haven't put in my Sim or SD yet. I wanted to wait to pop those in. My question: when transferring my contect, should I use BlackBerry Link or BlackBerry Content Transfer? I think I recently read horror stories of when people used BB Content Transfer but I can't find what I read. Can anyone offer some advise?

Created by fingering my sexy Blackberry Classic Keyboard..but I think the  Priv wants me to touch her too!
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-05-16 10:58 AM

Link has nothing to do with Android. Earlier versions of Content Transfer had the tendency (or believe to) cause some ongoing heat ups and didn't support SMS. Just make sure you skip the initial setup, update in Play Store before using it.

I used it once and didn't notice anything different. But then I didn't really transfer much with it, everything I have is already on Google.
    05-05-16 11:00 AM
    Link has nothing to do with Android. Earlier versions of Content Transfer had the tendency (or believe to) cause some ongoing heat ups and didn't support SMS. Just make sure you skip the initial setup, update in Play Store before using it.

I used it once and didn't notice anything different. But then I didn't really transfer much with it, everything I have is already on Google.
    I'll be coming from a Blackberry Classic. I have a Google Play account on my tablet that I will be setting up with, but all of my phone info will be coming from the Classic.

05-05-16 11:23 AM
    I'll be coming from a Blackberry Classic. I have a Google Play account on my tablet that I will be setting up with, but all of my phone info will be coming from the Classic.

In that case, run BlackBerry Content Transfer on BB World on your Classic first, it'll upload your data to Google Drive. Then complete the setup, it'll recognize the backup.
    05-05-16 11:27 AM
    In that case, run BlackBerry Content Transfer on BB World on your Classic first, it'll upload your data to Google Drive. Then complete the setup, it'll recognize the backup.
    Great advise thanks!

05-05-16 01:13 PM
    I used Content Transfer twice to move my Remember data to the new Notes app and to move my TEXT (relatively few) from my Z30 to Priv. (I did it a second time after I inadvertently cleared data from a BB Service and all stuff went poof). Since my contacts and calendar were in google, they transferred when I setup gmail in the Hub (I have not used the separate gmail app)

Also, obviously I had something "enabled" as the Priv seems to have captured and installed apps that I have on my Samsung Tab S.
    05-05-16 01:40 PM
    Also, obviously I had something "enabled" as the Priv seems to have captured and installed apps that I have on my Samsung Tab S.
    Think that would be during the initial setup, it would ask if you want to set up as a new device or restore from another backup.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-05-16 01:53 PM
    Anyone tried SyncDroid?

I had a few minutes at work today to try it out but couldn't get it to connect to my phone and didn't have enough time to experiment.
    05-05-16 02:41 PM
    Today I tried to move my things from the Z10 using CT. It went good - except for contacts. CT can see just 109 out of my 1000+ contacts with the SD-card method, as I don't wanna upload my data to any of Google's servers.

I join the OP's question: what is the most reliable method to transfer contacts? I already exported them using ContactsImEx; to both .vcf and .csv formats...
    05-30-16 08:55 PM