I have had my PRIV for about 2 weeks now and I just got around to making the transfer over from my Z30 to my PRIV. Being a cautious person, I started small and worked with just Contacts and Calendars.

I backed up my Contacts on my Z30 to a Micro SD card and put it into my PRIV and restored using Content Transfer. I did the same with my Calendars.

I went through my Contacts, I noticed that names were mixed, numbers didn't belong to some people, a lot of the information didn't transfer over and was just a mess. I'm afraid to know what the Calendars look like now.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to fix this? Is there another way to transfer my hundreds of contacts and Calendars so they aren't a mess?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-16 08:38 PM
    You can try syncing with Google or Outlook if you trust those cloud services.
    06-18-16 11:47 AM
    I've had the same issue especially for the contacts. Now I'm out asking people to show me their passport's software keyboard so I can remember myy password so I can try to restore again.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-18-16 06:58 PM
    I have had my PRIV for about 2 weeks now and I just got around to making the transfer over from my Z30 to my PRIV. Being a cautious person, I started small and worked with just Contacts and Calendars.

I backed up my Contacts on my Z30 to a Micro SD card and put it into my PRIV and restored using Content Transfer. I did the same with my Calendars.

I went through my Contacts, I noticed that names were mixed, numbers didn't belong to some people, a lot of the information didn't transfer over and was just a mess. I'm afraid to know what the Calendars look like now.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a way to fix this? Is there another way to transfer my hundreds of contacts and Calendars so they aren't a mess?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry content transfer is a joke! It didn't work at all for me and shows up in the privs file structure!another annoyance as you can't delete it and geTs baked into the system! They need to fix that app!!!

Two contacts moved over! Lost over 350 contacts! Lost calendar events and nothing else transferred over!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    Wezard likes this.
    06-19-16 11:12 AM
    BlackBerry content transfer is a joke! It didn't work at all for me and shows up in the privs file structure!another annoyance as you can't delete it and geTs baked into the system! They need to fix that app!!!

Two contacts moved over! Lost over 350 contacts! Lost calendar events and nothing else transferred over!

Sorry to hear... I know it's frustrating. I'm stopping myself from adding in numbers I know of hoping some kind soul will help me see the Passport keyboard so I can remember what my password was lol

06-25-16 09:56 PM

If you had backed up your contacts and calendar with a good backup app in the first place, you probably wouldn't have had any issues.
    06-26-16 09:24 AM
    I got lucky, content transfer moved most of my contacts, and some of my pictures.
    All of the contacts that didn't get moved were also no longer on the Z10 - no idea where they went.
    All of the pictures were still on the Z10, ( I think ).
    Didn't mess with the calendar as I don't use it much.
    06-26-16 11:14 AM
    Sorry to hear... I know it's frustrating. I'm stopping myself from adding in numbers I know of hoping some kind soul will help me see the Passport keyboard so I can remember what my password was lol

THank god Rogers Wireless was able to over the counter via thier sync computer able to transfer all my contacts over. My calendar entries and all others like tasks and notes were previously recorded in a paper agenda as backup or else I'd be screwed.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-01-16 06:45 AM
    does anybody experience problems transferring pictures and videos using Content Transfer? My pics ALWAYS get stuck at 5/xxx, and videos at 1/xx. everything else transfers neat and fine (contacts, calendars, emails)
    08-28-16 08:37 AM
    does anybody experience problems transferring pictures and videos using Content Transfer? My pics ALWAYS get stuck at 5/xxx, and videos at 1/xx. everything else transfers neat and fine (contacts, calendars, emails)
    Don't you have your pictures and videos on your SD card?
    08-28-16 09:28 AM
    It only transfered 75% of my contacts, and the 25% that didn't make it were erased from the Z10. Email settings didn't work, even though they looked correct.

Course that was 9 months ago, maybe it's fixed?
    As misterabrasive hinted, put your pics and vids on SD and move them that way. Thats a lot of data to be trusting to a questionable app.
    08-28-16 09:45 AM
    I prefer to manually move photos, video and music. Actually, I try copying any new phone-photos (videos) to my computer the day I take them. That way I have copies in the event something goes wrong. But if we are talking about photos I take with my camera but copy to the Priv (or any phone) to show vacation pictures or videos, the originals are on my computer so I can just recopy them to either to a new sd-card or internal memory. Same goes for music - it really originates on my computer and is copied to the phone.

In another thread just today, someone mentioned that Content transfer was taking about a Minute+ to copy each photo (he had 500) and 30-45 minutes for videos (I would guess movies or tv shows?).

Just before I got my Priv, I did recopy all of that stuff from my Z30 to a new sd-card via computer. When the Priv arrived I just put the card in the Priv. But I also made sure that my computer's "Master Copy" of stuff was still up-to-date. You know, sometimes adding a new album to the phone direct from purchasing so that my computer archive might have missed it.
    08-28-16 09:50 AM
    I prefer to manually move photos, video and music. Actually, I try copying any new phone-photos (videos) to my computer the day I take them. That way I have copies in the event something goes wrong.
    My intentions for years now, it's even happened a few times.
    My hats off to you for actually doing it.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-28-16 10:08 AM
    It only transfered 75% of my contacts, and the 25% that didn't make it were erased from the Z10. Email settings didn't work, even though they looked correct.

Course that was 9 months ago, maybe it's fixed?
    As misterabrasive hinted, put your pics and vids on SD and move them that way. Thats a lot of data to be trusting to a questionable app.
    I also had all my contacts backed up with Backup Pro on my Z10 with copies in several places. Just in case.
    08-28-16 10:09 AM
    I believe F2 was referring to me in his post above. I just did mine last night, and my pics and videos (no movies, just 2 to 5 min video clips taken on the phone) would upload fine it just was taking too long using the Content Transfer app, like averaging anywhere from 30/45 seconds to 1 to 2 mins per file, and I had over 500 to move. Videos were taking 20mins per file, so I stopped it after 4. I'll transfer them with my SD card or OTG. Everything else appears to have transferred properly. I transferred Password Keeper and a few other critical files via NFC and it took all of seconds.

I know it wasn't the wifi, because I purposely did this at work where we have a flawless speed demon network and regularly transfer huge files there. All I know is that this was the most frustrating transfer I've ever done in the last 15yrs of using BB phones. I wish Link was compatible with the Priv.

In hindsight, I never should have tried transferring photos and videos, just used my SD card, but it's never been an issue in the past, so I tried it. Big mistake

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rotorwrench; 08-28-16 at 05:03 PM.
    08-28-16 10:16 AM
    My intentions for years now, it's even happened a few times.
    My hats off to you for actually doing it.
    I usually do the same with my camera photos. Well, I do try to do it every day.

Frankly, since I post in the Priv (z30 before) photo thread, if I've use the Priv to take a photo, I generally will move them to the computer to view them enlarged. That way I can see if they are worth contributing. Hence, they wind up on the computer.

When I was on my 3 week vacation in June, I tried copying daily photos (camera and Priv) to my Samsung Tablet AND also to a thumbdrive - as security in case something went wrong or I even lost the phone or camera. We moved hotels almost every day and juggling luggage and STUFF could get confusing.
    08-28-16 10:23 AM
    I also had all my contacts backed up with Backup Pro on my Z10 with copies in several places. Just in case.
    Mine was also backed up, from a year or so prior. Best intentions and all that.
    I really wasn't expecting contacts to just disappear.
    Had been using the BB autoback up over wifi, (whatever that was called) but it crashed and I never got around to figuring out why.

Moral of the story is - don't be like me, back up your stuff, often.
    08-28-16 10:24 AM
    I had Firexxxx BackupPro whatever on the Z10/30 and kept copies regularly of Contacts and Calendar, etc.

What are you (and others) using to independently backup in Android just in case Google screws up. Or I decide to do some cleaning in Google and I mess up and want to restore from my own manual copy?
    08-28-16 10:37 AM
    I'm wondering the same, device has gotten buggy about being non responsive for many seconds, just now and then. Guess I need to bit the bullet and do an autoload.
    Been playing with 'Super Backup' a little, says it will back up most stuff to SD, but so far it's just put an empty file there. Prob me, I'm kinda sorta technical, sometimes.
    08-28-16 10:51 AM
    I had Firexxxx BackupPro whatever on the Z10/30 and kept copies regularly of Contacts and Calendar, etc.

What are you (and others) using to independently backup in Android just in case Google screws up. Or I decide to do some cleaning in Google and I mess up and want to restore from my own manual copy?
    Actually, nothing, yet. With all this new Android stuff it has slipped my mind. Most of my stuff is local on the phone. I guess I need to check it out
    08-28-16 10:57 AM
    I'm wondering the same, device has gotten buggy about being non responsive for many seconds, just now and then. Guess I need to bit the bullet and do an autoload.
    Been playing with 'Super Backup' a little, says it will back up most stuff to SD, but so far it's just put an empty file there. Prob me, I'm kinda sorta technical, sometimes.
    Just used it briefly. I backed up Contacts, Calendar, SMS. Files are Zipped. The contents seem to vary from vcf or xml (not sure how to process these) formats. The crucial issue would be restore and with that I'm not willing to gamble at the moment. The ads in the free version are a bit much!

edited to fix xml reference
    Last edited by F2; 08-28-16 at 12:14 PM.
    08-28-16 12:01 PM
    In my case the problem was with some locked up images and videos. For any reason some whatsapp images and videos were incorrectly saved in the system. Content Transfer was telling me Google Drive had not enough space. I happened to buy some more :-(

When trying with direct sending between devices, it used to get stopped. Always at the same file.

I read someone's problem was with long file names, yet my problem was... which files?

I solved the problem saving to SD Card. If you don't have the option to save to SD Card, simply put one in.

The process fails the same, but you get a copy of what has been transfered in the SD Card, so you can simply trace back to the system and remove the problematic file.

In my case File Manager was not able to delete the problematic files so I ended up using Ghost Commander to delete them.

Hope it helps someone.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-06-17 11:45 AM
    They are almost there but not quite some of us have more than just 35,000 messages on their phone and they are not all SMS messages And most of the things that this program does I can do myself on an SD card in the things I needed to do it won't do like converting over some of the old bb10 apps to work with my new Android operating system meaning the priv This program needs a total total redone a total new facelift to allow it to bring in that this selective amount of text messages I think it should be able to handle 30,000 text messages SMS and MMS picture messages I have 25,000 SMS and MMS messages makes no sense for me to try good use this program and screw up all my old messages on this new phone unless you guys make the correction first by allowing this thing to bring in more SMS and MMS messages and at least 30,000 not 3,500 You might find by making these Corrections that you'll have more sales of your newer like type phones especially from the original Blackberry users of the bb10 operating system My earlier, comment it would be nice if I can bring over some of these apps off the bb10 and convert them over to work with the Android O/S PLUS have access this the Blackberry WORLD from my Android device I encourage everyone to leave a similar message and hopefully someday Blackberry will get the message they need to do better than what they're doing as far as this big conversion and moving over to the Android operating system

Does anyone know of something that does both Text and Picture Messages
    05-01-17 01:44 AM
    In my case the problem was with some locked up images and videos. For any reason some whatsapp images and videos were incorrectly saved in the system. Content Transfer was telling me Google Drive had not enough space. I happened to buy some more :-(

When trying with direct sending between devices, it used to get stopped. Always at the same file.

I read someone's problem was with long file names, yet my problem was... which files?

I solved the problem saving to SD Card. If you don't have the option to save to SD Card, simply put one in.

The process fails the same, but you get a copy of what has been transfered in the SD Card, so you can simply trace back to the system and remove the problematic file.

In my case File Manager was not able to delete the problematic files so I ended up using Ghost Commander to delete them.

Hope it helps someone.
    Life saver!!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-17 10:45 PM
    I missed the option to "remove transfer files" from Content Transfer but I see that it takes up a fair bit of memory. How I can find that option again, or is it okay to disable the Content Transfer app now that my data has been transferred to my new phone?
    12-29-17 05:41 AM
30 12