Hello,
    I am having difficulties with the BlackBerry Contact app. I actually have 2 issues.
    Current accounts:
    Family Google
    Personal Google
    Work Outlook
    Facebook
    LinkedIn

My first issue involves the two Google Accounts: My wife and I like to use our family account for our contacts (shared). So in Accounts I have turned off the sync to my personal account. And turned on the sync for my family account. However, by logging into Google Play with my personal account it automatically looks at my personal account (folders and such) but of course shows zero contact.
    Why would it show my "Groups" from my Personal Google Account if they are empty and it's not supposed to be synced to my phone?

My second issue involves the linking ability of contacts on the Priv. So, there seems to be some issues with the ability to link contacts. My dad and cousin share the same name. On BlackBerry 10 I would just un-link the two different accounts (Outlook for dad and Facebook for cousin) and all was fine. But on my Priv, it shows as one account (dad's Outlook account) but my cousin's Facebook image is used for the picture. No sign of two accounts. No option to un-link. I basically had to delete the image...had to do it twice.

Any help or suggestions on how to use/manage contacts on the Priv would be appreciated. I love the Priv hardware, but sadly I am disappointed.
    Any news on major updates to Calendar or Contacts?

Thank you!
    MobileTrekker likes this.
    02-04-16 04:52 PM
    300 views....no comments. Probably not a good sign. The longer I have the Priv, the more I miss my Z30. BlackBerry 10 is FAR superior to Android.
    03-07-16 06:16 PM
    So true. My Z30 never had issues with contacts or linked contacts that I couldn't easily fix.

Posted with my Priv STV100-3 via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-07-16 08:11 PM
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I can at least try and help.

The "Groups" issue, I think comes from the fact that when you first add a Google account, contacts are set to sync by default and I don't think there's anyway of getting rid of the groups without removing the account altogether.

For the unlinking contacts, I just saw that there's a Separate option on the menu when you go to edit the contact. I believe that is what you're looking for.

Also, how are you syncing Facebook contacts?
    03-07-16 08:42 PM
    Hello,
    I am having difficulties with the BlackBerry Contact app. I actually have 2 issues.
    Current accounts:
    Family Google
    Personal Google
    Work Outlook
    Facebook
    LinkedIn

My first issue involves the two Google Accounts: My wife and I like to use our family account for our contacts (shared). So in Accounts I have turned off the sync to my personal account. And turned on the sync for my family account. However, by logging into Google Play with my personal account it automatically looks at my personal account (folders and such) but of course shows zero contact.
    Why would it show my "Groups" from my Personal Google Account if they are empty and it's not supposed to be synced to my phone?

My second issue involves the linking ability of contacts on the Priv. So, there seems to be some issues with the ability to link contacts. My dad and cousin share the same name. On BlackBerry 10 I would just un-link the two different accounts (Outlook for dad and Facebook for cousin) and all was fine. But on my Priv, it shows as one account (dad's Outlook account) but my cousin's Facebook image is used for the picture. No sign of two accounts. No option to un-link. I basically had to delete the image...had to do it twice.

Any help or suggestions on how to use/manage contacts on the Priv would be appreciated. I love the Priv hardware, but sadly I am disappointed.
    Any news on major updates to Calendar or Contacts?

Thank you!
    To UNLINK, go to the linked contact. Tap the Pencil icon (Edit). Tap the three dots (Top right corner). Tap Separate.
    03-07-16 11:16 PM
    Thanks for the help.
    Sorry, I'm not syncing Facebook. Is there any word if BlackBerry is working to add features to BlackBerry Calendar and Contacts?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-08-16 12:45 AM