Accidentally dropped my Priv Wednesday nite (1/18/17), screen took a hit, had a large white vertical line in it. Called into BB Care at 8pm, started a claim. Paid the 129$ deduct and a hold for 400$ for an advanced replacement. Thursday evening the screen died completely.

Called back Friday morning 1/20/17 to get an update, as I was now using a flip phone to get by, only to be told that the replacement phone had not shipped yet, and there was no expected date. Called again Saturday, operator told me they were awaiting a shipment of Privs and had none in stock to ship. So I went to the ATT store and bought a cheap replacement LG to get me through for 149$.. Sad, very sad.

Blackberry----- What am I paying 5.80$ a month for? When I had Verizon, I had one failure in my 8yrs on their system of my BB9900, they shipped NDA and I had my new phone in about 28hrs. Why cant you stock your ADH provider with supply to provide what is offered, and paid for?

I bought my Priv through ShopBB as well.

Very disappointed Priv user

-j
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-17 12:05 PM
    I feel ya! If the mercury doesn't make it to Verizon, I will be completely thru with them myself! Priv will be my last. Even if the mercury does make it i might still look into other options.
    01-22-17 12:15 PM
    Back in the day BlackBerry was producing lots of phones. Now my guess is that the Priv is out of production or being made in small orders. Same thing happened to me when I needed a replacement Z30. The carrier had no more and wanted to give me a Leap; I had to insist on getting a Z30, but had to wait a while.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-17 12:46 PM
    wow, what a joke.

that service is probably shutting down soon, with the shift of all devices going to TCL.

I actually was subscribing to the service, but then I changed my credit card and forgot to update their autopay. They kicked me out of the program. I was too lazy to set it back up.
    01-22-17 10:23 PM
    Called back Friday morning 1/20/17 to get an update, as I was now using a flip phone to get by, only to be told that the replacement phone had not shipped yet, and there was no expected date. Called again Saturday, operator told me they were awaiting a shipment of Privs and had none in stock to ship.
    This has been going on for a while. They are not using new devices for replacement. They have new devices in stock. Yours will come from repair dept. Took 3 1/2 weeks to get a replacement to me back in Nov.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...berry-1091862/
    01-23-17 04:43 AM
    That the way it works, it's industry standard. But to have a backlog a few weeks shouldn't be the case.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-17 05:28 AM
    Maybe something like Squaretrade would be a better idea. You could just buy a new phone and they will reimburse you minus the $99 deductible. Probably some hoops to jump through but it worked pretty slick when I used to buy it for my kids' iphones.
    01-23-17 01:58 PM