Hi All,

I was trying to sign up for the Blackberry Care protection plan today thinking I have 30 days to sign up. I received my phone on the 13th of November, so I was assuming I have plenty of time. I was then told that it has to be within 30 days of purchase...so if I pre-ordered on October 25, I am out of luck, irregardless of how late I received my phone.

I have two questions:

1- Is there any way they can over-ride and count based on when I actually received my phone?
    2- I also purchased another PRIV on November 15 from shopblackberry, which I then returned. However, I noticed on the invoice on shopblackberry's website that the invoice does not show IMEI number. Would it just be easier to use the purchase date of the November 15 device to start my protection plan? Invoices don't seem to be tied to an IMEI number, and the fact that I have the invoice shows a proof of purchase, if requested.
    3- Is blackberry care a division of shopblackberry, or do they simply demand a proof of purchase and that's it? In that case, my point above (point 2) may be valid and the easiest way to do this.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    11-26-15 03:45 PM
    Hi All,

I was trying to sign up for the Blackberry Care protection plan today thinking I have 30 days to sign up. I received my phone on the 13th of November, so I was assuming I have plenty of time. I was then told that it has to be within 30 days of purchase...so if I pre-ordered on October 25, I am out of luck, irregardless of how late I received my phone.

I have two questions:

1- Is there any way they can over-ride and count based on when I actually received my phone?
    2- I also purchased another PRIV on November 15 from shopblackberry, which I then returned. However, I noticed on the invoice on shopblackberry's website that the invoice does not show IMEI number. Would it just be easier to use the purchase date of the November 15 device to start my protection plan? Invoices don't seem to be tied to an IMEI number, and the fact that I have the invoice shows a proof of purchase, if requested.
    3- Is blackberry care a division of shopblackberry, or do they simply demand a proof of purchase and that's it? In that case, my point above (point 2) may be valid and the easiest way to do this.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Good questions. I'm also curious to know the answers.
    11-26-15 04:14 PM
    I think it is tied to the IMEI so get the right information by checking things out.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-26-15 04:15 PM
    you should call in. i think you have an unusual case for them.

it doesn't make sense for it to start the day you pre-order.
    11-26-15 04:19 PM
    I would say the day your card was charged at absolute WORST, but the day you received it mail order should be the day the clock starts ticking.

BB Care is a Warrantech product, and it's overpriced. Square Trade has a much better deal.

I'll have to look at American Express to see the details of their offering as well.
    11-26-15 06:58 PM
    By LAW in the US the date of SHIPMENT is the purchase date, not the date of order.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 08:55 PM
    I got the "Sorry I can't help you Plan" from Blackberry. There was no charge and no resolution.
    11-26-15 09:11 PM
    By LAW in the US the date of SHIPMENT is the purchase date, not the date of order.

Funny they don't seem to be enforcing this at Blackberry Care
    11-27-15 02:18 PM
    My Priv has insurance through BlackBerry Care. I actually called and asked because I was confused on what to put for date of purchase and told the rep that I ordered on 11/15, credit card charged 11/16, received the device 11/17.

I was told to input the date I received the device as date of purchase and yes I spoke to multiple people with names documented.

11-27-15 03:35 PM