I love the way the guys at BlackBerry improved over time this App. After one of the latest upgrade, that brought manual settings, I can frankly say that I do not need any other app to use the phone camera.

However I dearly miss the capabilities of post processing from BB10.. Right now the only editing option that we have on the Priv (and probably DTEK50) is the crop feature in preview mode.

Any other simple editing such as rotate, black-and-white conversion and filters are simply not there.

I hope this will be the next area where the app is improved. Using other apps just to edit a pic is very far from the efficiency I am accustomed to when I use a BlackBerry.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Camera Apps Suggestions-177372.jpg  
    rolojr1 likes this.
    08-10-16 01:01 PM
    They do have the filter pre capture right?
    Thing is there is thousands of apps that can do editing after.

08-10-16 01:07 PM
    They do have the filter pre capture right?
    Thing is there is thousands of apps that can do editing after.

You are right and there are tons of apps that can do that.. However BlackBerry is trying to make Android better and one way to do it is to make the user experience more seamless.

One great example is the combination of BlackBerry Keyboard and Password Keeper. They are now integrated together and that saves a lot of time.

There should not be a need of downloading tons of other apps for simple modifications..

Example: I want to post something on Facebook.. I take the shot and I can preview it.. I can cut the pic but if I had to modify the colors or any other simple edit I have to exit the camera app, open a second app, search for the pic just shoot, do the modification and finally share it on Facebook.

The whole experience should be:

1. Take the pic 2. See the preview 3. Eventually edit the pic 4. Share

Finally.. I do not like too much the fact that many of those pic apps have clouds backup. I do not want my pics stored somewhere without knowing who the developer is or what it does. And before you ask.. I do not use Google photo and Facebook was just an example (I limit as much as possible posting pics there).

Blackberry is advertising on privacy and security. Offering those capabilities in the Camera App would definitely increase both..

08-10-16 01:21 PM
    I see your reasoning and it makes sense. I do use Google Photos and love not having to worry about losing my pictures any more. I do see the other side of the story though.

08-10-16 01:24 PM
    And do not get me wrong, live filters are great, but sometimes you want to test the effects of a bunch of them and.. The moment you want to shoot is gone lol

Plus in 5 years from now I would love to have the original pics AND eventually a bunch of other pink, yellow, blue variations on the original theme. Shooting with the live filters only saves the modified pic (obviously)

Also.. Nothing against Clouds backups. It is great to have that option!

Cheers

08-10-16 01:32 PM
    And do not get me wrong, live filters are great, but sometimes you want to test the effects of a bunch of them and.. The moment you want to shoot is gone lol

Plus in 5 years from now I would love to have the original pics AND eventually a bunch of other pink, yellow, blue variations on the original theme. Shooting with the live filters only saves the modified pic (obviously)

Cheers

The more options the better. I've never used the live filters. I think it would likely be more useful to use them after taking the picture as you mentioned, can't see why they can't do both.

08-10-16 01:35 PM

Cheers

I agree that filtering should probably be done AFTER the photo is taken. I have played with some of the filters where I was just sitting around and already took the original picture and then played with changing the filters.
    08-10-16 03:54 PM
    Hm stupid question: can't you as a workaround just shoot a photo -> share -> choose a photo editor (as target for sharing) and edit it -> share -> Facebook?

It's been a while ago that I switched from Android to BB10 and I don't have an up to date Android device (saving money for the Priv though), so it's just a shot in the dark but that's how it works seamlessly and comfy on my Q10... Or doesn't Android allow sharing with certain apps (locally) for working through such an app chain?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 03:57 PM
    It is probably possible, the capability to share to a local app is there (i can speak for MM, I do not know for L) but as you write that is just what you called it a "workaround"

The whole idea is to provide a more BB10ish experience to Android.. And I think the Camera App can add a lot in that sense

Plus you will always be able to do "the android way" with multiple apps but just if you want to

08-10-16 05:03 PM
    Yeah but better than nothing. When I moved from Android to BB10, man, I can't find the words to describe HOW liberating that felt. It's such a superior OS. Pkbs on devices like Xperia Pro and Mini Pro, as well as the form factor was so much better than BlackBerry back then, that it took me until 2015, when my 5 year old Mini Pro became obsolete with no other pkb phone left around except for BlackBerry, to receive that revelation.
    Good to know sharing to editors works on today's Android as well, thanks :-)

Posted via CB10
    08-10-16 06:30 PM