BlackBerry is writing apps for the priv.

Any word if :
    1) they will be on the Android store?
    2) will the security on the priv prevent the APR files from being ripped?

I find that the prospect of both the above being true a bit fascinating. An android phone with unique software where the phone itself acts as a toll bridge. Toll bridge meaning that if you want these apps, you must buy our branded phone! Thus paying the toll. And changing the Android app store paradigm.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:15 PM
    Exactly which BlackBerry Priv apps are you looking for? Most of BlackBerry's Android apps should be available soon as part the BlackBerry Experience Suite.
    10-25-15 06:37 PM
    File manager from BlackBerry is something I hope is present

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 06:43 PM
    I agree with File Manager. For me this app is terrific in BB10. I know you can get file manager apps in Android but I am not so sure that they are as well integrated with the OS to allow file moving/copy functions. I use the File Manager app on my Passport so much.
    10-25-15 06:56 PM
    There are dozens and dozens of great file manager apps for android. I doubt BB will spend time on apps like that. Instead they will focus on security and speciality apps like the Hub.
    10-25-15 06:57 PM
    There are dozens and dozens of great file manager apps for android. I doubt BB will spend time on apps like that. Instead they will focus on security and speciality apps like the Hub.
    But are these apps really integrated with Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, SD card, USB OTG etc as the File Manager in BB10?
    10-25-15 07:02 PM
    But are these apps really integrated with Box, Dropbox, Onedrive, SD card, USB OTG etc as the File Manager in BB10?
    Don't forget remote file access as well!

I don't think any of the android file managers are as good as the one from bb10, only thing missing is a select all feature

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 07:10 PM
    There are dozens and dozens of keyboard apps too... yet BlackBerry ported the virtual BlackBerry 10 keyboard to Priv. There's much more than just the Hub.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    10-25-15 07:16 PM
    There are dozens and dozens of great file manager apps for android.
    Which ones do you have in mind?
    10-25-15 07:30 PM
    It will be trivial for BlackBerry to do this, since they're the only device with a hardware PIN and encrypted (digitally-signed) verification that it hasn't been tampered with....
    10-25-15 07:45 PM
    I agree with File Manager. For me this app is terrific in BB10. I know you can get file manager apps in Android but I am not so sure that they are as well integrated with the OS to allow file moving/copy functions. I use the File Manager app on my Passport so much.
    They are. They do. They're the same.

EXCEPT, they don't have similar desktop computer integration which is cool.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-25-15 08:20 PM
    Exactly which BlackBerry Priv apps are you looking for? Most of BlackBerry's Android apps should be available soon as part the BlackBerry Experience Suite.
    Hub

Possible utilities via curved edge screen.

Blend app integration

Keyboard

And any other toys BBRY has.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 08:39 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.metago.astro

This is the one I use. It has all those.
    00stryder and brookie229 like this.
    10-25-15 09:31 PM
    Definitely need File Manager on the Priv! Such a great mobile productivity tool!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:33 PM
    I wish we could get the bb10 calculator app.

The android one is the ugliest app I've ever seen.

10-25-15 09:41 PM
    Yes.

brookie229 likes this.
    10-25-15 09:43 PM
    You have to remember the BB10 integration and use you have today will need to make sacrifices. It took them many years to build all these annd and stabilize them on BB10, and part of the reason they are going Android is so they no longer have to.

You will need to sacrifice some features and workflow unfortunately, they just don't have time to build it all in Droid with the few devs they have left. File Manager will be one of those.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-25-15 09:46 PM
    Yes.

Correct. There are several options.

I don't see BlackBerry wasting too much time tackling something individual specialized developers do quite well.
    10-25-15 09:49 PM