Sorry, I meant the Android stock browser, not the BB10 version. It's open source so they should be able to modify it?
    Of course they could. But the stock browser is NOT as good as chrome from a technical perspective. Also it's another app that must be maintained which I am not sure BB wants to spend cash on.
    06-17-16 05:29 AM
    Of course they could. But the stock browser is NOT as good as chrome from a technical perspective. Also it's another app that must be maintained which I am not sure BB wants to spend cash on.
    Not debating that Chrome isn't more feature packed, but if they want to maintain pkb shortcuts on the browser experience - a heavily used app on any mobile device - that's the way to go and worth the expense imho. And I'd add a reader mode and put the location bar at the bottom. Once they've done the heavy lifting on adding that functionality they shouldn't have to do much in the way of maintenance?
    06-17-16 06:17 AM
    Although true that google services or the lack of was the biggest hiccup with bbos10. After using the Priv for a while now, it just makes more sense to have that connection. I loved the passport and bbos10 but the lack of connection to google services was a real sore point and frustrating as most google apps would crash on the passport. I need google services but I also love how messaging is handled in bbos10. The current bbos10 style apps on the Priv dont really come close to the passport and bbos 10 experience. I want better integration with messaging within the current apps on the PRIV. Even better if they can combine the true functionality of both google and bbos10 would make my day and with a keyboarded device would be def ace.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    06-19-16 06:24 PM
53 123