I am extremely impressed with BB app support. I had an issue with the HUB on Android ("reply" only replies tot he email it came from, not to the "reply to email" if you know what I mean). I emailed BB app <[email protected]> and got a reply within an hour, that they are aware of the issue, and they will release an updated HUB on December 14, and this issue will be fixed.

I am now a BIG BELIEVER in BB. I hope they succeed!
    12-02-15 10:24 AM
    The ship is turning around for sure... before BB10 BlackBerry was way more arrogant. Now they feel like a modern corporation
    WT44 likes this.
    12-02-15 10:48 AM
    The ship is turning around for sure... before BB10 BlackBerry was way more arrogant. Now they feel like a modern corporation
    Give it time, they will go back to the old RIM shortly. They were the same way when BB10 OS. They were responsive, especially to developers and now nothing like the sort.
    12-02-15 11:39 AM
    Why are people so damn negative in their posts???

Good to hear they are receiving your feedback...let's keep up with the great turnaround bb!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 11:49 AM
    Did anybody tried mailing them regarding Facebook app in BB10 and got any reply?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    mister2d likes this.
    12-02-15 01:54 PM
    I am also glad they are finally listening to their customers and implementing the changes to correct the issues.

I also want to thank the BlackBerry employees who have been interacting with the folks on this forum and passing their issues along to the folks who can do something about it.

Posted using my awesome BlackBerry Priv
    12-02-15 03:28 PM
    I firmly believe they are watching this launch closely they want to succeed in the hardware business. I was personally disappointed with the battery life and camera on the Priv but will purchase if updates fix these issues.
    12-02-15 03:46 PM
    Did anybody tried mailing them regarding Facebook app in BB10 and got any reply?

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    Probably not but you can be the first to do so.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 03:59 PM
    It's why I decided to take a break for several months. Between the endless complaining, people making things up, the armchair CEOing and weird dynamic of fanboys and trolls ("I've moved on from BlackBerry to ____ which is so much better ... then I come here every day to 'educate' the baboons"), the place got really frustrating for me.

I wanted to read up on the Priv, even though I'm not a big Android guy. Doesn't look like a lot has changed, sadly with this community.
    Last edited by RubberChicken76; 12-03-15 at 06:13 AM.
    12-02-15 04:23 PM
    I actually submitted some bug logs about hub issues with my emails randomly becoming unread 5-30 seconds after reading them continually, and about a week later (yesterday) they finally replied but said it's addressed with the new build being pushed Dec 7th.

I'm not very upset about how long it took too reply, I'm actually quite impressed with the fact that they actually replied to me - I didn't really give them any reason to reply, just said here are my logs and I'm looking forward to future updates!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-02-15 10:01 PM
    There's just a couple of us working through the inbox at current, so with the mountain of other things were trying to do daily, it sometimes doesn't happen as quickly as it should (or I want it to).

Customer feedback is hugely important to us. It's how we build the best product possible. I know I've personally got a pre-canned filter just for stuff that customers have reported - either issues or new features - that I try to follow up on often.
    12-02-15 10:50 PM
    I also want to thank the BlackBerry employees who have been interacting with the folks on this forum and passing their issues along to the folks who can do something about it.
    Huh, what? Who on here is a BlackBerry employee? And why are they not interacting with folks in the BB10 forum?
    12-02-15 10:52 PM
    Huh, what? Who on here is a BlackBerry employee? And why are they not interacting with folks in the BB10 forum?
    Lol maybe look at the post right above yours?

There's a number of BlackBerry employees acting under their own names acknowledging many of these issues and helping to resolve them.

If you're an active CB member and haven't come across this, that's really weird.. Either way, they are :P

12-02-15 11:26 PM
    I am extremely impressed with BB app support. I had an issue with the HUB on Android ("reply" only replies tot he email it came from, not to the "reply to email" if you know what I mean). I emailed BB app <[email protected]> and got a reply within an hour, that they are aware of the issue, and they will release an updated HUB on December 14, and this issue will be fixed.

I am now a BIG BELIEVER in BB. I hope they succeed!
    I've seen it too, and it's soooooo refreshing!!!

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    12-02-15 11:27 PM
    Lol maybe look at the post right above yours?

There's a number of BlackBerry employees acting under their own names acknowledging many of these issues and helping to resolve them.

If you're an active CB member and haven't come across this, that's really weird.. Either way, they are :P

Yeah, saw that after I posted.

I'm not on a Priv and don't dig Android much. I only come over to this forum every once in a while so why would I know of these of people? Perhaps if they played on the other side of the fence every so often it would not seem so weird. I mean, in the BB10 forums we post things like "Hey BlackBerry, if you're reading this..." or "Do you think anyone from BlackBerry actually reads this stuff?". Then I check out this thread and wala, look, they are here (but not there). And some users wonder why we are so disgruntled.
    acovey and rayporsche like this.
    12-02-15 11:57 PM
    Cause bb10 is at a halt

Posted via the STV100-1
    12-03-15 02:59 AM

Once burned, twice shy, basically.

Or more accurately in this case, 50 times burned, 51 times shy.

I remain cautiously optimistic about things progressing on the Android front from a software polish and QA standpoint - a RIM/BlackBerry achilles heel for the last few years. Though the fact that a variety of moderately serious bugs existed at launch time was still a major faux-pas. Especially since almost all the Priv reviews that will get written were based on that buggy software build.

I still probably won't buy one because the "privacy" aspect is essentially hype at this point, but I still hope they can start executing well for a change, and maybe the next iteration will be more interesting.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-03-15 08:05 AM
    It's good to read that there are actual people looking at the posts. Sadly my questions about Purchased app transfer from BB10 to Priv have been totally ignored. Mostly android apps like ibird At $10+ I would have expected to be able to go to app world and reload.../ not possible.

12-03-15 08:14 AM
    Yeah, saw that after I posted.

I'm not on a Priv and don't dig Android much. I only come over to this forum every once in a while so why would I know of these of people? Perhaps if they played on the other side of the fence every so often it would not seem so weird. I mean, in the BB10 forums we post things like "Hey BlackBerry, if you're reading this..." or "Do you think anyone from BlackBerry actually reads this stuff?". Then I check out this thread and wala, look, they are here (but not there). And some users wonder why we are so disgruntled.
    "Bruh" this is a new product launch new OS and new hardware, I think these guys are doing a great job in making sure the transition for those that have left the now sinking ship of BB10 is some what smooth while also helping those that might have been on other platforms coming back to BB because of this new android offering. I know they can't please everyone but it is great step.
    12-03-15 08:31 AM
    It's good to read that there are actual people looking at the posts. Sadly my questions about Purchased app transfer from BB10 to Priv have been totally ignored. Mostly android apps like ibird At $10+ I would have expected to be able to go to app world and reload.../ not possible.

That's a bit of a stretch as it's a totally different platform and app store.
    dietertong likes this.
    12-03-15 09:25 AM
    "Bruh" this is a new product launch new OS and new hardware, I think these guys are doing a great job in making sure the transition for those that have left the now sinking ship of BB10 is some what smooth while also helping those that might have been on other platforms coming back to BB because of this new android offering. I know they can't please everyone but it is great step.
    If you check out the Inside BlackBerry blog and/or BlackBerry Developer blog you will see that BB10 is not dead. It may die two years from now but at this point it is still alive. There are also legacy users who are just now switching to BB10 and the occasional new user from elsewhere. Lots of questions about BB10 that do not pertain to its future, you know. And would it hurt if one of these "BlackBerry employees" went into the BB10 forums and wrote something like, "Yeah, we are working on updating the Facebook app, got sidetracked by the Priv", or, "Don't know for sure, but this or that may be in the 10.3.3 release", "Yeah guys, we do read these forums." Or how about simply, "I don't know." Just... ....anything.

As for the Priv you do realize that many BB10ers are not going Android or if they do it will be to a cheaper handset? Some claim they will end up on W10 phone, others, iOS. Some want Sailfish or Ubuntu. And so on. A few are up in the air but more are simply not interested in Android and some say they are going to continue to use BB10 until it is finally and 100% dead and gone.

You would think that it would be in BlackBerry's best interests to retain as many customers as possible, if even still on BB10. All it will take is for one of these "employees" to cruise the BB10 forum every once in a blue moon, ya know. We are not asking for a miracle here, just for a little info and support.

It is good to see that BlackBerry finally got around to doing something like this and hopefully they do not fall back into their old ways.

And yes, they can please everyone.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-03-15 09:49 AM
    If you check out the Inside BlackBerry blog and/or BlackBerry Developer blog you will see that BB10 is not dead. It may die two years from now but at this point it is still alive. There are also legacy users who are just now switching to BB10 and the occasional new user from elsewhere. Lots of questions about BB10 that do not pertain to its future, you know. And would it hurt if one of these "BlackBerry employees" went into the BB10 forums and wrote something like, "Yeah, we are working on updating the Facebook app, got sidetracked by the Priv", or, "Don't know for sure, but this or that may be in the 10.3.3 release", "Yeah guys, we do read these forums." Or how about simply, "I don't know." Just... ....anything.

As for the Priv you do realize that many BB10ers are not going Android or if they do it will be to a cheaper handset? Some claim they will end up on W10 phone, others, iOS. Some want Sailfish or Ubuntu. And so on. A few are up in the air but more are simply not interested in Android and some say they are going to continue to use BB10 until it is finally and 100% dead and gone.

You would think that it would be in BlackBerry's best interests to retain as many customers as possible, if even still on BB10. All it will take is for one of these "employees" to cruise the BB10 forum every once in a blue moon, ya know. We are not asking for a miracle here, just for a little info and support.

It is good to see that BlackBerry finally got around to doing something like this and hopefully they do not fall back into their old ways.

And yes, they can please everyone.
    Here is where we agree, yes many BB10'ers will not leave never said they would, I explained that there are some that have left to try this device I am one and we still have our BB10 devices I still have my red passport i am with you on this again ever said a huge flock would go over. However there are many that have and there are folks that left BB a long time ago to either go to android or IOS that have come back to give BB a chance you can't deny that. 2. It came from the horses mouth that BB10 is a sinking ship yes its not gone or a date is not set for non support but the writing is on the wall but never did you here me say this or document it in my previous post simply saying it is a ship taking on water we know what the fate will be unless something miraculous happens. Now were we disagree, most folks will not end up on sailfish or unbunto unless you are just a tech geek and those folks aren't on BB in huge numbers right now. Maybe you will go there but most will not, I believe that BB10 is great and I wish that down the line BB finds a way to somehow get this ported to android and get it fine tuned to run exactly like it or at least half way there vs the stock with apps. Again I think you misunderstood my original post.
    12-03-15 10:48 AM
    Loving the first update. If they work on the CPU state issues (using max power for simple things that should only ramp the CPU to 50% on other phones) and battery life, and then update the BlackBerry apps like they say will happen on the 14th I will be one happy Priv user.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    12-03-15 11:45 AM
    Here is where we agree, yes many BB10'ers will not leave never said they would, I explained that there are some that have left to try this device I am one and we still have our BB10 devices I still have my red passport i am with you on this again ever said a huge flock would go over. However there are many that have and there are folks that left BB a long time ago to either go to android or IOS that have come back to give BB a chance you can't deny that. 2. It came from the horses mouth that BB10 is a sinking ship yes its not gone or a date is not set for non support but the writing is on the wall but never did you here me say this or document it in my previous post simply saying it is a ship taking on water we know what the fate will be unless something miraculous happens. Now were we disagree, most folks will not end up on sailfish or unbunto unless you are just a tech geek and those folks aren't on BB in huge numbers right now. Maybe you will go there but most will not, I believe that BB10 is great and I wish that down the line BB finds a way to somehow get this ported to android and get it fine tuned to run exactly like it or at least half way there vs the stock with apps. Again I think you misunderstood my original post.
    I got your point, and agree with it; just did not respond to it specifically. I would love Sailfish OS, yes, but currently do not have a phone to install it onto outside of an old Curve, 9910, or iPhone 4. When I eventually upgrade I'll likely throw it onto my Z10 if I could. But, that is a topic for a different forum, and perhaps website entirely.

The original impetus for my first post in this thread was in reaction to the post about the "negative" response. I cut that part out of my post. I just do not think it requires a stretch of the imagination to understand why some around here feel cheated.

I personally do not believe that BB10 is dead and I am sure that we will see at least one more BB10 handset which is most likely to be an updated Passport and/or Classic. From what I see it seems clear that BB10 is simply shifting to become more of an enterprise OS than consumer, but it would be nice if there were some clarification to this. And that was my point: there is none. None. We have to go to the official BlackBerry blog and then maybe our concerns will be acknowledged. But hey, I am sure we will see if this is true or not on Reddit shortly here, right? That is my second point, though; we have to seek out info where as those with the Priv can express their concerns right here and have them read and responded to by BlackBerry personnel where as this ability does not exists in the BB10 forum--not even from CrackBerry "personnel". That is a dumb move by BlackBerry if you ask me and one that may likely cost them future customers.

You know what is really goofy? BlackBerry should already know the bugs. Are they then here to gauge interests of where the consumer is at, how consumers are using the Priv, and what features the customers want to see in the future--which they should already all know, too. Nope, they are only here to give the impression that BlackBerry cares when only a few years ago they acted as if they did not. I agree that is a good strategy and perhaps one that is now a part of the "new" BlackBerry par the turnaround. But hey, toss us other BlackBerry fans a bone, too.
    ppeters914, Quorist and nokia4life like this.
    12-03-15 12:53 PM
    You know what is really goofy? BlackBerry should already know the bugs. Are they then here to gauge interests of where the consumer is at, how consumers are using the Priv, and what features the customers want to see in the future--which they should already all know, too. Nope, they are only here to give the impression that BlackBerry cares when only a few years ago they acted as if they did not. I agree that is a good strategy and perhaps one that is now a part of the "new" BlackBerry par the turnaround. But hey, toss us other BlackBerry fans a bone, too.
    Give me a break. Even larger software companies such as Apple, Microsoft and Google ship with unknown to them bugs - it's software development. You can do your best prepping and testing, but when real world conditions come there are some things that just happen unexpectedly. It's why there are zero-day vulnerabilities and patches that follow.
    c_bryant34 and Bucwolfser like this.
    12-03-15 12:58 PM
35 12