I get my Priv tomorrow, switching from an iPhone 5s. Any tips on making the switch? Backed up contacts, emails, photos, music, turned off iMessage. Anything else that I should do to make it as seamless as possible? Also what should be my first steps with a new Priv?
    07-13-16 10:48 PM
    It's going to take a few weeks to get accustomed to the Priv, especially if you're used to iPhone. If you're familiar with Android you'll adjust faster.

One of the first things I did was put up a black wallpaper to save battery. Also loaded a file manager app, I went with Solid Explorer but there are others too.

Good luck, hope you enjoy.
    07-13-16 11:19 PM
    patience is key, most likely you wont be loving the phone and the OS itself if its your first time. However the great thing about android is that you can make the phone however YOU want it to be. And it'll take some time for you find what setups you like what widgets and launchers (if you dont like the stock).

Stick with the phone and you will like the phone and the OS. =]

Make sure you update all the blackberry apps and upgrade to MM if the phone comes with Lolipop before you start installing all your apps and settings~
    FF22 likes this.
    07-14-16 12:22 AM
    If your contacts and calendar information is on the cloud (Gmail, Outlook.com, etc) then that part is easy. I don't know what software exists to restore backups from an iOS device to an Android device.

When I switched I didn't bother restoring anything as most of what I needed on my device right away was in accounts like Gmail. So I just added accounts and let it synchronize down.

I picked up a 128GB microSD card and added it to expand internal storage so you might want to consider that too, especially if you have a lot of music files.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-14-16 08:00 AM
    The first step is to disconnect your phone number from your Apple ID. Otherwise you will not be able to receive sms on you PRIV.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    07-14-16 08:34 AM