What is the best way to have a cracked screen replaced? Send to BlackBerry, AT&T or use a local shop? Are parts available for we do it ourselves types?

I have learned that some have been quoted about $350 to have the screen w/ digitizer replaced by BB. That is about the price of one of these discounted AT&T carrier unlocked phones on ebay.

Since mine is still working fine, it just looks bad, until I find a less expensive fix or suggestion here, it will stay the same. Their warranty package seems a good deal now. Unfortunately I am past the 30 days to sign up.

BTW, it fell out of the Seidio belt holster and fell to the concrete.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 07-01-16 at 07:45 PM.
    07-01-16 05:31 PM
    I'm crushed! You asked for help and then you don't believe me?
    I've been here for years and about 22 thousand more posts to prove it helping people with issues

If you go through At&T or BlackBerry they will replace your device with an different one which you said you don't want to happen and again there's the issue of your warranty!
    But, hey, it's a holiday weekend. Be patient and perhaps someone will come along with a different suggestion if they have something else to offer.

It really OK! I'd want a second opinion too if I were in your place!
    If you count the other thread and this one, that's two opinions!!

By the way, The warranty is a Limited Warranty as most warranties are. The are limited to defects. You can read the warranty which is right on your device. just search "warranty."
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 07-01-16 at 09:44 PM.
    07-01-16 09:30 PM
    I understand the warranty. It's the $350 that bothers me. The only local shop that I have been able to reach, does not work on BlackBerry at all. I am near DC.

Update, 7/2: Pricing replacement screens shows they are about $270 on Ebay. That is the only place I found any in stock.

A local shop in DC area wants $380 to to it, but they recommended I have BlackBerry do it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 07-02-16 at 08:36 PM.
    07-01-16 11:41 PM