Wife just got a priv, needs a case to protect this expensive device we bought! Mostly stays in purse but also takes it with her to gym. Doesn't have to be waterproof, but protection against drops and banging around in her purse. Also looking for suggestions for a screen protector if the case doesn't do so. Thanks all!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    05-02-16 07:35 AM
    I don't own a priv but got my classic case from amazon with screen protector for a couple of pounds,so my bet Is try there im sure you will pick up a bargain.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 07:45 AM
    There is a thread on here with information on multiple cases. My wife and I have the Seidio Surface case and love it. You can also order it with a holster for those days you need to wear it. It also has a kickstand built in. There are many screen protectors out there as well.
    05-02-16 08:47 AM
    I have the BlackBerry case that was bundled with the phone when I bought it from Shop.BlackBerry. I am happy with it except the window on the front has no plastic or glass. So you have to wipe dust off the screen at times after opening it
    05-02-16 02:38 PM
    Hdbulldog, I was hoping there was a thread but haven't found it yet. :-(
    If anyone reading this happened to be subscribed to it could you possibly post a link to it? I was hoping to quickly see people's opinions on the few available so I can get one for her! Thanks!

05-02-16 03:22 PM
    Have them all. Incipio Octane with a screen protector. Highly recommended.
    05-02-16 03:53 PM
    There are a few flip cases including the official BB version. It has a window that shows special info when closed. But as indicated, is open to dust in that window. I hike, like today, with the phone and prefer a flip cover for protection.

I got a Ghost Armor screen protector installed a a kiosk. Nice job.

Mixed reviews on rigid glass protectors.
    05-02-16 03:57 PM
    I have had good results with the glass screen protection for my daughter's Samsung Galaxy. It gave its life so that the device could live! So I was leaning towards getting one but as long as it doesn't impair the quality of the view of the screen I suppose a film type would be better than no protection. I was hoping to get some actual user feedback to decide which way to go.

05-02-16 05:32 PM
    I have the Seidio Surface case on my Priv and think it's great.
    05-02-16 05:49 PM
    There's a thread on at least one glass protector with various views.

I, too, think that a glass protector might take the first hit and crack but dissipate the impact and save the screen. Whereas, the 'vinyl' would not have that same property, merely protecting from scratches.
    05-02-16 06:03 PM
    F2, do you know where the thread IS? I've seen several brands out there, and don't want to waste time and money on the wrong one that I might skip if I knew in advance but I haven't found any threads with many specific cases or screen protectors discussed so far.

05-02-16 06:24 PM
    05-02-16 07:01 PM
    i'm going to buy the sleeve. 20 bucks online. not to bad for a leather sleeve with a charging port and led lens

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 07:06 PM
    F2, do you know where the thread IS? I've seen several brands out there, and don't want to waste time and money on the wrong one that I might skip if I knew in advance but I haven't found any threads with many specific cases or screen protectors discussed so far.

Try this. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1069108
    05-02-16 07:24 PM
    Aliexpress

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-02-16 07:29 PM
    I'll second this one. I have the Seidio Surface, a cheap clear plastic back cover, and the Octane. For me, Octane with a Skinomi screen protector are a great combination. I also have a leather horizontal case with belt clip that the Octane cased Priv fits into nicely. The magnetic flap also activates the sleep/wake function. An added bonus.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    05-02-16 11:44 PM
    Is the Seidio Surface case on special today a good one? The link only shows 1 so-so review and just 3 total ratings. Is this different from the Seidio people have mentioned? https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=9oBXVY07

05-03-16 07:01 AM
    Is the Seidio Surface case on special today a good one? The link only shows 1 so-so review and just 3 total ratings. Is this different from the Seidio people have mentioned? https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=9oBXVY07

May be too late to answer, but that is the same Surface case that I have. I also have the belt holster. I like the case and holster. I just prefer the feeling of the Octane case.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    05-05-16 05:39 PM
    Amazon paid a lot more at the bell store
    05-05-16 05:44 PM
    sir, let me ask you, by any chance you also have the OEM hard shell? i am using the OEM hard shell without the screen protection (made the phone look bulkier) and seems to work; however, it looks like the incipio case is a bit smaller... can you or any one confirm? thanks!

05-05-16 05:51 PM

Imo the best on the market for the priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-05-16 06:46 PM