I have been a longtime Blackberry user and my Z10 crashed. I've upgraded to the Priv and having issues with multiple contacts and contacts associated with different accounts.

Should I consolidate all contacts under one account i.e. Blackberry Hub or Gmail? Switching to Android has been a little challenging with my work duties, 20 month old daughter and pregnant wife!

Thanks for the assistance!

Ramey
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    02-11-16 04:59 PM
    *bump* Would also like some advice on this.
    02-12-16 04:22 PM
    Great question...hope we get some recommendations. I have two gmail accounts and my main outlook.com account. Gmail seems to work best for it is an Android phone.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-12-16 04:43 PM
    *bump* Would also like some advice on this.
    Unless there is a compelling reason to keep contacts separated ( business vs personal, for example), consolidate all contracts into your primary email account (again, on android, gmail makes sense, though there is no particular reason it can't be any IMAP,live,hotmail,vyahoo etc account)...all major webmail services let you import contacts from other services and then rationalise duplicates.

What i do is, setup my 3 main accounts in Android. Then go into each account setting and disable contacts and calendar sync for all except the primary account. This stops future syncing, but doesn't actually remove contacts already synced, resulting in multiple contacts being found when you search for a name.. (Also, when you edit a contact, you have to be careful which account you're editing on)... So, i then go into settings, Apps, and Clear Data in Contacts Storage.. This deletes all.contacts and then subsequently, only my primary account contacts get synced, removing the hassle of duplicates. There maybe a cleverer way of achieving this, but i want able to find any.
    RoboticGolem and Bfalcon1 like this.
    02-12-16 11:38 PM
    Switching to Android has been a little challenging with my work duties, 20 month old daughter and pregnant wife!

Ramey
    Advice??? Advice??? You mean like buy a mini van???

By the way, they know what causes that now. The government cross pollinated some of the IA corn, and if you eat it while sitting on wood, well, I guess you know what happens...

Good luck with the family...
    02-13-16 02:02 AM
    Thanks for the replies. My issue is that my primary work e-mail has extremely sensitive contact information which is the primary reason that I have stayed with Blackberry.

I thought that Blackberry Hub with my Z10 was my central storage between my personal account, my personal work account, department account and my iCloud account, but when my Z10 crashed, I did not have a recent backup/restore point after I had to do a factory reset.
    02-17-16 09:41 PM