Which is the best gallery application for the priv cause the Google photos sick and they load stuff too slow. Is there a good gallery application that works on the Priv that is free on the app store.
    Goodday

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-18-16 03:54 AM
    Piktures

04-18-16 05:13 AM
    I tried piktures but didn't like it because you can't move photos between folders. I'm using f-stop

04-18-16 05:37 AM
    QuickPic is really great. Saying that, I went back to Google photos when I downloaded MM (beta) as it now works great compared to Lolipop.

Priv owner since Nov 6th 2015
    04-18-16 06:37 AM
    QuickPic is really great. Saying that, I went back to Google photos when I downloaded MM (beta) as it now works great compared to Lolipop.

QuickPic is owned by a Chinese company now that will mine your data. AVOID.

Google Photos works the same on MM for me as LP. There was a recent update to the app, so maybe that's what you're seeing. Not OS related.

04-18-16 06:47 AM

Google Photos works the same on MM for me as LP. There was a recent update to the app, so maybe that's what you're seeing. Not OS related.

Yes owned by Chinese so it do mine data whereas it's solely Google's right to do so

Posted via Priv...
    Wezard likes this.
    04-18-16 07:55 AM
    Yes owned by Chinese so it do mine data whereas it's solely Google's right to do so

Posted via Priv...
    Well in MM you can turn off all permissions to app which I have done in Google Photos. I don't use any cloud services or back up anything with Google.

04-18-16 08:25 AM

It's Android. Expect data mining.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 08:29 AM
    I tried piktures but didn't like it because you can't move photos between folders. I'm using f-stop

Just checked and it looks like you can move/copy photos. When viewing a photo, tap it. At the top there is a "file folder" icon. Tap that. I guess you cannot do bulk movement - wait, seems like you can to that too. While viewing an "album" tap the CHECKMARK at the top. Select one/more and then hit the Folder Icon again.

I'm still new to most Android stuff and apps. I've generally only use it to view pictures.
    04-18-16 09:21 AM
    A bit unfair to accuse any app of Chinese origin to be shady. QuickPic is actually a great app and it seeks limited permissions. One to be precise : "storage" .

It is very fast, allows moving pics between folders and even allows you to hide folders should you wish to do so from someone casually browsing your pics folders.

TheBond likes this.
    04-18-16 11:19 AM
    A bit unfair to accuse any app of Chinese origin to be shady. QuickPic is actually a great app and it seeks limited permissions. One to be precise : "storage" .

It is very fast, allows moving pics between folders and even allows you to hide folders should you wish to do so from someone casually browsing your pics folders.

While you have a point, we have been primed to the foibles of Chinese hackers raising our suspicions. Not that most of us want to share our data with the NSA or Google. Now how a developer can earn trust - I have no idea. But the fewer Permissions, the better is a good start.
    04-18-16 12:36 PM

I wouldn't accuse them to be shady just because it's a Chinese company. But I would single out Cheetah Mobile as a company because of it's very poor reputation. When Cheetah Mobile purchased QuickPic, I uninstalled the app the moment it saw its first update. Cheetah Mobile has a bad habit of injecting adware (when you see somebody ask why they're getting ads in their notifications panel, chances are good that they have a Cheetah Mobile product installed on their device). Real shame too, because it was an exceptional app.

Some light reading on the subject...
    Popular Photo Gallery App QuickPic Has Been Bought By Cheetah Mobile, And Users Are Pissed
    04-18-16 12:46 PM
    Why not Google photos? It is an awesome app

04-18-16 03:48 PM

It does allow for that and works amazingly.

04-18-16 03:52 PM
    it's just that google photos seems very slow in loading all the pictures on my memory card. Not happy with it because of the delay.

04-18-16 04:35 PM
    Thanks will do the same once the update is out

04-18-16 04:36 PM
    Foto is very nice to. Fast and does everything I would want.

04-18-16 04:42 PM
    it's just that google photos seems very slow in loading all the pictures on my memory card. Not happy with it because of the delay.

It is fast now on MM

04-18-16 04:42 PM
    It is now

"Google". Stock

I've tried them all but now google cleaned up theirs and gives free unlimited storage forever!

100000000000000000000 TB

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    04-18-16 04:49 PM
    Thanks Guys

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    04-18-16 05:05 PM
    Could someone please tell me - which photo/video gallery app is available for the Priv that is most like the one that comes on the PassPort? I really loved that app and miss it very much?.. Thanks guys!
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    07-11-16 12:06 AM

I'm with you, QuickPic is great.

Running 10.3.2 Powered By QNX Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 🔟�
    07-11-16 12:20 AM
    I'm with you, QuickPic is great.

Running 10.3.2 Powered By QNX Aaron's #BlackBerryZ10 🔟�
    I was using Quickpic for a while but it seems to have great trouble interpreting dates. Under "moments" is shows just 3 pictures in July. I have at least 30! I've played with date settings to no avail. I need to be able to find recent photos, whether camera shots, downloads whatsapp, etc. With Quickpic I struggle to locate them!

Tried Focus, and although I like the format it seems to be still evolving.

So I've gone back to Piktures. Has all the features I need, although I'm waiting for the option to eliminate folder "cover pictures" from the folder index. Someone said it doesn't let you move picture between folders, but I do that all the time!
    07-11-16 12:54 AM
    I enjoy Simple Gallery as well as Cyanogen Gallery... BOTH are smooth, clean in UI and, even better when going 3rd party (for me anyways) both are open sourced as well... Simple Gallery is available via F-droid and Google PlayStore, Cyanogen Gallery via F-droid or via Cyanogenmod's main page as an APK...

07-11-16 01:51 PM
    I've had my Priv for a few days and I have to throw my vote behind F-Stop. I have the free version right now but will probably purchase the paid version to support the dev. It is the only app so far that can order all my pics by date taken and not by date modified. Other apps saw all my pics by the date I brought them over to the Priv.

This app loads all my pics quickly and gives lots of options for moving, copying, etc.

07-23-16 09:11 PM
27 12