I am trying to see what is the best route to go to get a Priv.
    I am not eligible for any type of upgrades on Verizon as I'm an Unlimited Data customer with a price lock contract.
    I have a Blackberry Classic in perfect condition, Blackberry Z30 in excellent condition, and also a Blackberry 9930 in excellent condition, all on Verizon.

I was advised by VZW to try their trade in tool but it only offered $40 for my Z30 which sucks.
    Do you guys think I could sell all of my BB's on eBay and get enough to buy a Priv on Verizon outright?
    05-25-16 02:32 PM
    Are you located in chicago? Is so, I am selling a priv for Verizon. Id love to do a trade for all those devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-25-16 02:43 PM
    I just bought one on eBay for $450. There's a couple more on there as well. The two left had not been activated. Make sure you specifically search for Verizon ones. I also have unlimited data and I thought it was terrible that they are charging $720 for the Priv.
    rickkel likes this.
    05-25-16 03:01 PM
    I managed to get a $200 discount. Some say it was a loyalty discount. I don't know. I have UNlimited data. I called sales initially and asked about the discount. He could not say yes, but he connected me to customer service where she confirmed I was entitled to it. She then handled the sale. I also have a very old calling plan - Nationwide and it is still intact along with UNlimited data

Someone just last week called and got the $200 discount on his two lines.

You can try it with no promises.
    05-25-16 03:26 PM
    I managed to get a $200 discount. Some say it was a loyalty discount. I don't know. I have UNlimited data. I called sales initially and asked about the discount. He could not say yes, but he connected me to customer service where she confirmed I was entitled to it. She then handled the sale. I also have a very old calling plan - Nationwide and it is still intact along with UNlimited data

Someone just last week called and got the $200 discount on his two lines.

You can try it with no promises.
    Wish they had done it for me. But, they kept giving me the excuse of me having unlimited data. Oh well.
    05-25-16 04:07 PM
    I'm located in Alabama (unfortunately)
    05-25-16 04:11 PM
    They said since I am in contract already, the only thing they can do is move my unlimited $29.99 plan to the $49.99 unlimited and then do installment billing for a Priv. They did offer $250 off the full price of the phone but it would significantly raise my bill and it's already at $380 for 5 lines.
    05-25-16 04:13 PM
    They said since I am in contract already, the only thing they can do is move my unlimited $29.99 plan to the $49.99 unlimited and then do installment billing for a Priv. They did offer $250 off the full price of the phone but it would significantly raise my bill and it's already at $380 for 5 lines.
    Did you try customer service or did you go to the store? You might get completely different answers regarding the loyalty program

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 08:07 AM
    Check, check, and check some more. At the vzw store, authorized reseller, online, and on the phone. You'll get different information everywhere. And if you don't like what you get today call back tomorrow. When I got my z30 they offered 100 dollars off to trade in my 9370. The price I saw online was better then what they had in store and they referred me to complete the transaction online. And so I did. Online I saved the same 100 dollars without trading in my phone and got a better price. As you get deals, especially over the phone, have them email you the offer so you can be sure of what it's supposed to be in case the next person tells you no.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-16 08:27 AM
    I called customer service, maybe I didn't get in touch with the correct department though? Was there a special department I should request?
    05-26-16 02:26 PM
    Hmm ok I will, the online trade in website was giving me the same value of $40 for the Z30 but I will check with an authorize retailer and a store. I just want to make sure nobody removes my Unlimited data.
    05-26-16 02:26 PM
    They won't remove your unlimited data. But, stress to them that you aren't willing to part w/ it. Good luck on your PRIV.
    05-26-16 03:33 PM
    You will definitely get different answers from the store vs online vs calling customer service. I called in and they said they would give me $200 off the contract price of $249. Making the phone $49 (plus a 2 year contract but I didn't care because I have no intentions of leaving Verizon).

I then went into my local Verizon corporate store and the manager said No way to the deal I had received. Fortunately customer service anticipated this response from the store and noted the offer on my account. After my unsuccessful attempt at the store, I called customer service and they sent me a Priv for $49.

As mentioned, you'll probably get different answers at different places at different times of the day... If not, it wouldn't be Verizon. 😕

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    05-26-16 05:16 PM
    Hmm ok I will, the online trade in website was giving me the same value of $40 for the Z30 but I will check with an authorize retailer and a store. I just want to make sure nobody removes my Unlimited data.
    Check your Private messages.
    05-27-16 09:01 AM