What's the best free music player app for PRIV to play music from my SD card?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-22-16 12:05 PM
    Also where on my SD card must the music be?

03-22-16 12:20 PM
    Not sure what exactly you want to do with your player but Neutron is one the best apps I've used with EQ and Pitch adjustments.
    bazillus likes this.
    03-22-16 12:27 PM
    Not sure what exactly you want to do with your player but Neutron is one the best apps I've used with EQ and Pitch adjustments.
    I just want to play music from my SD card without having to subscribe

03-22-16 12:29 PM
    Rocket Player?

All of my music is properly tagged, and in SD card/media/music/<artist>/<album>.
    03-22-16 12:39 PM
    Rocket Player?

All of my music is properly tagged, and in SD card/media/music/<artist>/<album>.
    Thanks will try it now!

03-22-16 12:42 PM
    Rocket Player?

Thurask:

Did you create that Path/folder hierarchy or did it get created by some formatting process?

The reason I ask is that I had initially put photos in just a top level Photo folder. But apps could not find them. When I changed the Camera to save to card, it created the DCIM folder. Moving my Photo folder (intact) to the DCIM folder, now photo apps could find them.

So wondering if MUSIC has an OFFICIAL location or what?

Thanks.
    03-22-16 01:13 PM
    Thurask:

Did you create that Path/folder hierarchy or did it get created by some formatting process?

The reason I ask is that I had initially put photos in just a top level Photo folder. But apps could not find them. When I changed the Camera to save to card, it created the DCIM folder. Moving my Photo folder (intact) to the DCIM folder, now photo apps could find them.

So wondering if MUSIC has an OFFICIAL location or what?

Thanks.
    It's been a while, but I moved everything from SD/music to SD/media/music manually.

Didn't format when switching from Passport to Priv .
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-16 02:01 PM
    I like BlackPlayer. It is simple and plays almost every format, including flac.
    IdBeats likes this.
    03-22-16 02:06 PM
    I like BlackPlayer. It is simple and plays almost every format, including flac.
    I'm using the same player. Good quality

03-22-16 04:33 PM
    If you pay for blackplayer you get some other features that don't come with the free one. I have neutron too, had it on my z30. I prefer blackplayer

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    03-22-16 04:37 PM
    Android equals folder play pro, blackberry native I like neutron hands down has millions of options however something that does both and worth every cent as in movies and music Kalemsoft is the greatest cascades app ever built IMO! It does everything and I mean everything even has a 1:1 ratio option for movies streamed easily from desktop to blackberry and it's native!....

Sorry scratch that didn't see for android however folder player is nice and basic and kalemsoft has an android version but only via their website! Worth every cent!!!!!

My four cents, Catch 22.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 04:46 PM
    Moonhacker, how do you get Neutron to even play a playlist?
    I go and put the playlist's contents into the Queue, and then there's no Play button!
    If I try to play the Queue by playing one of the tracks in it, it does one of two things: (1) it plays just that song and then stops, or (2) it plays random tunes from my collection of over 500 Songs.
    I'm so frustrated with Neutron, I'm looking for something better: *like something with a Play This List button* !
    02-07-17 03:26 PM
    Moonhacker, how do you get Neutron to even play a playlist?
    I go and put the playlist's contents into the Queue, and then there's no Play button!
    If I try to play the Queue by playing one of the tracks in it, it does one of two things: (1) it plays just that song and then stops, or (2) it plays random tunes from my collection of over 500 Songs.
    I'm so frustrated with Neutron, I'm looking for something better: *like something with a Play This List button* !
    Just select Playlist and then select a song and it should start playing!
    02-07-17 03:55 PM