If I can help my girlfriend has android and says accu is not that good as in BlackBerry 10 experience because it doesn't have the real feel and some other options!

Posted via CB10
    01-21-16 02:34 AM
    If I can help my girlfriend has android and says accu is not that good as in BlackBerry 10 experience because it doesn't have the real feel and some other options!

Posted via CB10
    No Real Feel in Accuweather? Sure there is.

Best free weather app?-accuscreenshot.jpg
    01-21-16 07:19 AM
    indeed but she uses it as wiget of something like part of the screen of the phone in this config there is no real feel you have to get inside the app to see the real feel
    01-21-16 08:58 AM
    indeed but she uses it as wiget of something like part of the screen of the phone in this config there is no real feel you have to get inside the app to see the real feel
    Ah okay. I wasn't aware that you were talking about Widget functionality, given that you were comparing it to BB10's app.
    01-21-16 09:40 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry! If you could go to the post you're asking about and use the quote button, the person you're quoting should be able to help.

See you around the forums!
    i realized that after i sent it. i am not sure why it isn't showing that i have been using Crackberry for 6 years, but nbd
    03-23-16 04:55 PM
    I use Beweather. It works great.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-23-16 05:07 PM
    Does anyone know a weather app that also give tides?
    03-23-16 05:20 PM
    To be fair... forecasting at that level is near impossible with any reliable degree of accuracy. AccuWeather claims to have minute by minute forecasting, but I'd seriously question/doubt anything beyond today's forecast (and maybe tomorrow's).

If you don't like AccuWeather's widget, there are plenty of widgets in the play store that aren't full blown weather apps that may suit your needs. Myself personally, I use Beautiful Widgets that provides a clock and weather widget all in one (as well as battery but I don't utilize that portion of the widget options). The best weather widgets allow you to select which weather app is fired when tapping on various elements of the widget. ie.. I use Beautiful Widgets and my clock/weather widget will bring up my alarm settings when tapping on the time, my preferred calendar app when I tap on the date portion of the widget, more detailed current weather conditions when tapping on the current conditions portion of the widget, and the weekly forecast of AccuWeather when I tap on the Highs-&-Lows Temp portion of the widget.

The following image shows my clock/weather widget (takes up the top half of my screen just below the search widget). It has my clock, date/location, an icon demonstrating current conditions (cloudy with sun at the moment), and the Highs/Lows. The time (top), the date (bottom left), current (bottom center), and highs/lows (bottom right). Each of those areas can be set to fire a separate app.

[edit] It would behoove me to point out that I went for a very minimalistic look for the widget. There are tons and tons of more fancy or more appealing themes for the widget. I'm just partial to a minimalistic approach.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...4ea34fa506.jpg

The customization options are endless.
    i really like how you have this one set up. Can you tell me what it is?

Thanks,
    MrsDog
    03-23-16 05:25 PM
    I went with Accuweather, because I already had the paid version of the app on my Nexus 7.
    03-23-16 05:36 PM
    I've been using Mr. Morecast.

So far it's my favorite and I've tried pretty much all the ones already discussed.
    03-23-16 05:50 PM
    i really like how you have this one set up. Can you tell me what it is?

Thanks,
    MrsDog
    I replaced the UI with Nova Launcher, and set the Folder Preview Option in Nova's Settings to "Stack".

The clock/date/weather widget is Beautiful Widgets Pro, with the "Lollipop-Smooth" clock theme set to full transparency to hide the glassy looking background, and the "S4 Weather" theme for the Weather portion of the widget. The clock and weather themes can be found within the Widget & Themes option in beautiful widgets' settings menu.

The wallpaper is a common one you can find in a myriad of the free wallpaper apps.
    03-23-16 05:58 PM
    I have read all entries here and I am confused, upset, and angry. I had been lead to believe that the raison d'etre for
    Android was apps, apps, apps...I live in the Gulf Coast Area of Texas just north of Houston: it is an area that had been
    notorious for difficult weather prediction, primarily because of the presence of the Gulf itself. Tremendous strides have
    been made in weather prediction for our area mainly due to science, satellite measurements, and computer modeling.

Apparently very few of you have ever heard of Weather Radar USA: it does use WU, but it locates individual cells and
    dynamically displays their individual speed and direction. It is my sine qua non for tennis, golf, boating, and dog walking.
    Additionally I use Weather based on Accuweather to get temperatures and storm forecasts out five days.

Of course, both apps are based on BB10 on my Zeddy.

Blackberry, you need to fix this horrible oversight and provide Weather Radar USA post haste for PRIV.

There again, there is the old adage

And I never, never,
    Ever do a thing about the weather
    For the weather never
    Ever does a thing for me!

I find it ironic and unsettling that you all are mostly using your Android browsers to view the weather
    on your Android PRIVs !?!?!? Doc Neutron
    03-23-16 06:58 PM
    I have read all entries here and I am confused, upset, and angry. I had been lead to believe that the raison d'etre for
    Android was apps, apps, apps...I live in the Gulf Coast Area of Texas just north of Houston: it is an area that had been
    notorious for difficult weather prediction, primarily because of the presence of the Gulf itself. Tremendous strides have
    been made in weather prediction for our area mainly due to science, satellite measurements, and computer modeling.

Apparently very few of you have ever heard of Weather Radar USA: it does use WU, but it locates individual cells and
    dynamically displays their individual speed and direction. It is my sine qua non for tennis, golf, boating, and dog walking.
    Additionally I use Weather based on Accuweather to get temperatures and storm forecasts out five days.

Of course, both apps are based on BB10 on my Zeddy.

Blackberry, you need to fix this horrible oversight and provide Weather Radar USA post haste for PRIV.

There again, there is the old adage

And I never, never,
    Ever do a thing about the weather
    For the weather never
    Ever does a thing for me!

I find it ironic and unsettling that you all are mostly using your Android browsers to view the weather
    on your Android PRIVs !?!?!? Doc Neutron
    I use Accuweather. It shows that rain will start in 10 or 18 or xx minutes and last for yy minutes. It shows it in reference to TWO hour window. It can be uncannily accurate.
    03-23-16 11:35 PM
    The weather network.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 11:43 PM
    Here's my home screen, using Beautiful Widgets.
    It's rather time consuming to set up, due to the # of options, (and my unfamiliarity with android terminology)
    There is no 'real feel' on the widget, but I think thats highly over rated, and it's in the app.
    Attached Thumbnails Best free weather app?-1458823627308.jpg  
    03-24-16 07:47 AM
    So you are saying that this app (I give you/ it uses whatever+AI) is better than you looking at the raw
    radar data, right ?
    03-24-16 05:59 PM
    So you are saying that this app (I give you/ it uses whatever+AI) is better than you looking at the raw
    radar data, right ?
    I'm not saying that.
    Though here in Atlanta it is true. Other places maybe not so much.
    Remember the weather guys have access to a whole lot more info than we do.
    03-24-16 06:05 PM
    Try this
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ef_radar&hl=en
    Almost all the radar is NOAA, or available there
    03-24-16 06:10 PM
    Weather Radar USA shows current radar as a video with actual cells and their speeds and directions superimposed. It shows exactly where you are. You should try and get a friend with a Z30 to show you what I am talking about. I do agree that forecasting is improving. I think you are discounting your ability
    to say when it is a good time to go for a walk with your dog, given that you must do so eventually. Me, I use WRUSA to decide when to unplug pretty much everything in my house and to turn off my AC units.
    03-24-16 06:24 PM
    Weather systems tend to veer to the north, occasionally to the south just before hitting Atlanta. I can watch a big front barrel across 1/2 the US with us in the bulls eye, and it never gets here. Accuweather does a way better job than I can. We have one local radio weather guy that is also pretty good, he'll tell us if it's going north or south or hitting. Sometimes he'll say I don't know, when a weather guy says that you know you can trust him.
    03-24-16 06:39 PM
70 123