Here is my confusion, discussions like these are very useful for a non-technology guy like myself. People give honest feedback, some over the top, but in general a quick skim through enables a user like myself to get a viable sample of experiences prior to "buying" or using an app. My problem lies in step 2 of the process. I go into Play Store and search for "Solid Explorer" and get 8 different options. Which one is the one to be trusted or use? I pull up "Solid Explorer File Manager" and note that it has only been downloaded about 100,000 times. This does not seem to be enough for a top rated app, thus I immediately come post here instead of downloading what might be the wrong item.

I appreciate we no longer live in the safety bubble of the BB world, but is there another way to ensure some level of trust or verification for all of these apps which look alike?
    I definitely understand where you're coming from. I HATE that about the Play Store. It's been like that for years now. And honestly, I prefer the older style of the Play Store from about three or four versions ago. But, the two best principles are to look for the Developer of the app (ask whoever is recommending the app to tell you the developer of the app), and read reviews. Might not be perfect, especially compared to what you're used to, but it works.

Oh, and for anyone who might be interested, the Play Store's 15-min refund policy can be too small of a window for certain apps that change the functionality of your device and which might require a couple days to get a feel for; so if you e-mail the developer, they will either a) take care of you by refunding you, or b) you can get a refund from Google. Just a little side note about paid apps in the store.
    12-28-15 01:22 PM
    Thank you for the help; this is much appreciated.
    12-28-15 01:27 PM
    Would you mind posting a screen shot? I am not sure I see what you describe on the Priv I am testing. Thank you.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2813
    Here you are !
    Attached Thumbnails Best file manager-1451332005782.jpg   Best file manager-1451332030564.jpg  
    12-28-15 01:47 PM
    I definitely understand where you're coming from. I HATE that about the Play Store. It's been like that for years now. And honestly, I prefer the older style of the Play Store from about three or four versions ago. But, the two best principles are to look for the Developer of the app (ask whoever is recommending the app to tell you the developer of the app), and read reviews. Might not be perfect, especially compared to what you're used to, but it works.

Oh, and for anyone who might be interested, the Play Store's 15-min refund policy can be too small of a window for certain apps that change the functionality of your device and which might require a couple days to get a feel for; so if you e-mail the developer, they will either a) take care of you by refunding you, or b) you can get a refund from Google. Just a little side note about paid apps in the store.
    A little known secret is that you can get refunds LONG after purchase using Google Play itself by going through Order History "report a problem."
    12-28-15 01:59 PM
    Yes, Solid explorer is a really solid app, and the devs deserve the support for it.
    The latest version has adopted Google's Material Design among various feature updates. The interface is easy to use and access to internal storage, microSD card, USB OTG, cloud storage, etc. is well thought out.
    12-28-15 07:36 PM
    Thanks guys I tried the most in here and then bought Solid explorer!!! Best app ever! thank you

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    00stryder likes this.
    12-28-15 07:52 PM
    Here you are !
    Woo hoo!!

12-28-15 08:36 PM
    Here you are !
    Hey! Did you change the pic?

12-28-15 09:46 PM
    I personally haven't found one that I really like. Have used a couple but I just want simplicity

Productivity via THE PRIV
    12-28-15 10:55 PM
    Hey! Did you change the pic?

Not,they are the original screen shots !
    12-29-15 01:21 PM
    I use ES.

I've heard good things about Solid Explorer, too.
    You are senior member here and I know you have switched to Priv!
    Can you help me out to make my Priv more like bb10 os application vise

1-file manager
    2-photo app
    3-video app

Your help is much appreciated

Posted via Priv...
    12-29-15 01:50 PM

1-file manager
    2-photo app
    3-video app

Posted via Priv...
    1- ES, or Solid. Features blow BB10 file manager out of the water.
    2- I'm wondering about this myself. Google's photos app kinda stinks.
    3- I don't really use videos, can't help you with that.
    12-29-15 02:16 PM
    Been playing with X-Plore and really enjoying it. (on Android, non priv)
    12-29-15 03:24 PM
    1- ES, or Solid. Features blow BB10 file manager out of the water.
    2- I'm wondering about this myself. Google's photos app kinda stinks.
    3- I don't really use videos, can't help you with that.
    Yes i agree photos and video apps suck from Googles OS. Solid explorer rocks! Now just need to fill the other 2 major gaps in the OS

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by freedomx20a; 12-29-15 at 04:32 PM.
    12-29-15 04:19 PM
    File Commander is nice.

You can download Sony's album apk. Pretty nice design and you can create folders etc. on your SD card.

#backtoblack
    00stryder likes this.
    12-29-15 04:26 PM
    I'm also searching for a video client... giving VLC for Android a try as well as MX Player and BSPlayer. Those seem to be the top rated ones...

MX Player: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...videoplayer.ad

VLC for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.videolan.vlc

BSPlayer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...spandroid.free

I also have Kodi running on it but that is a bit of overkill if you just want a quick app to watch videos/movies.

Archos also looks like a good one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nter.videofree

So. Many. Apps.

00stryder likes this.
    12-29-15 05:16 PM

1-file manager
    2-photo app
    3-video app

Posted via Priv...
    1. ES File Explorer or Solid Explorer
    2. QuickPic Gallery used be to #1 until it was sold to a developer who is notorious for data mining, so everyone left.
    3. MX Player
    12-30-15 07:04 AM
    I am curious to know which file manager(s) YOU (as a web dev) use or suggest.
    Web dev NOT phone dev. 2 completely different animals.
    01-25-16 03:02 PM
    My response wasn't about web development, it was about grouping the entirety of China under that negative umbrella. Ironically, it lends itself more to "don't be so judgmental until you have been there, okay?" than yours. :-P But, for the sake of the forums, we shouldn't get into personal stuff, so let's end here :-)
    WOW! Wasn't trying to be demeaning. Please forgive me.
    I was just stating my web dev experience. That's all.
    Apologies I offended you so much
    01-25-16 03:05 PM
    Web dev NOT phone dev. 2 completely different animals.
    I know that. Still interested to know.
    Don't tell me you are too shy to mention it?
    01-25-16 03:09 PM
    I'm not being shy. Right now I have cut off my Passport due to the carrier and am on a Note5.
    Unfortunately the carrier that works in my little vortex I live in does not support my beloved Passport.
    I won't sell her because I have hopes, but she doesn't run well where I live on the carrier that supports her
    01-25-16 03:24 PM
71 123