Hi,

Like many of you, I rely on my PRIV/Blackberry for all my day to day activities as well as running my business.

Having no phone or having to send my phone in to service is not at option. I have in the past had to RMA my Blackberry (Z10/Z30/Passport) and each time was a complete headache. I don't really want to have to undergo that again.

But being a realist, I know it will happen again as electronics do go down.

Moving from BB10 to Andriod was tough as some of my favourite programs and info did not transfer over. But with Andriod being as big as it is now, I am not too worried moving forward as there will most likely be other devices I can go to should BB decide to give up producing handsets.

My question is, can someone please let me know what is the easiest and fastest way to mirror my current PRIV with another PRIV? I plan to purchase another PRIV and set it up IDENTICAL to the one I have on hand. I want to have all the programs and the setup and layout the same.

How do I do this?

I want to be able to seamlessly pick up and use my backup device should my primary one go down.

Also, should I want to replicate the setup on another brand phone running android (should BB stop making handsets), how does one go about that?

Thanks
    FF22 likes this.
    05-24-16 03:21 AM
    I have pretty much use all cloud services for my devices. I have a 6s+ , note 4, 5 and xperia z2 today I switch from week to week. Outside of BBM ... I get all identical services on all
    FF22 likes this.
    05-24-16 03:35 AM
    Thanks. As a newbie to the cloud world, can you tell me how you actually get the info restored back into the new phone?

Where does one actually go on the settings menu to restore the contents to the new phone?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-24-16 09:10 AM
    I'm new to the clouds as well but from what I've seen ( with Google at least) just make sure everything is set to automatically back up and restoring most data onto a new device is a simple as logging into your Google account.

Curve8300 - Curve9220 - Torch9850 - Z10 - Priv
    05-24-16 11:51 AM
    Thanks. As a newbie to the cloud world, can you tell me how you actually get the info restored back into the new phone?

Where does one actually go on the settings menu to restore the contents to the new phone?

My photos I sync to google photos, it's practically unlimited storage for HD photos you've taken. I use hotmail for contacts sync and emails ... so it's all there anyway ... Apps wise, you're synced to your GMail via the store.
    05-24-16 12:00 PM
    Thanks!

So I guess as we got all the apps from the Google store they will know what we have installed on our phones.

My final question is, how do we restore the actual set-up as in the layout of all our screens including the wallpaper on the new device? I'm sure there are lots of people out there like me who spent way to long to get the phone 'just right'

How do we reload the 'just right' back into the new device? On BB10 we had backup which when one restores includes all the onboard tweaks we did.
    05-24-16 07:16 PM
    I just got the PRIV and spent a lot of time setting it up so I'm also curious to know...
    08-10-16 10:57 AM
    Thanks!

So I guess as we got all the apps from the Google store they will know what we have installed on our phones.

My final question is, how do we restore the actual set-up as in the layout of all our screens including the wallpaper on the new device? I'm sure there are lots of people out there like me who spent way to long to get the phone 'just right'

How do we reload the 'just right' back into the new device? On BB10 we had backup which when one restores includes all the onboard tweaks we did.
    The BlackBerry launcher should back up the screen layouts with Google Cloud however it's hit or miss.

What I use is Nova Launcher (prime) and it has a backup and restore function built in. I actually factory reset my phone last night did a cloud restore and then restored my layout with Nova launcher. Worked perfect.

FF22 likes this.
    08-10-16 11:54 AM