Just a heads up for those interested.
    Best Buy 1 Day Sale BB Priv-img_20160809_153143.png

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 04:33 PM
    Probably an AT&T dump. No way is Verizon selling factory unlocked Privs at this price.
    08-09-16 04:50 PM
    Two 'identical' (unlocked) Priv's on site, one at $369.99, the other at $699.
    Guess which one is AT&T and which one is BlackBerry.

Neither one is Verizon compatible
    raino likes this.
    08-09-16 05:05 PM
    Probably an AT&T dump. No way is Verizon selling factory unlocked Privs at this price.
    I was curious the other day since Best Buy (US) use to sell verizon BB phones. I looked - NO Verizon models offered.

I got my Bold for ZERO dollars at one of their Presidents' Day sales. Just had to renew my contract.
    08-09-16 05:35 PM
    I saw this the other day and was thinking of buying it. Do you know forsure if its ATT version? Cause i would rather have the unlocked one straight from BB and not the ATT model. No where on the website says its from ATT. I can't call and ask either since im over seas atm T.T
    08-09-16 07:32 PM
    I saw this the other day and was thinking of buying it. Do you know forsure if its ATT version? Cause i would rather have the unlocked one straight from BB and not the ATT model. No where on the website says its from ATT. I can't call and ask either since im over seas atm T.T
    Nowhere does it say 'factory unlocked' either. Plus, factory unlocked from such a seller have never been this low, much less an overpriced one such as Best Buy.
    08-09-16 07:34 PM
    yeah you're probably right hopefully I can sell my VZW model and buy the unlocked one.
    08-09-16 07:47 PM
    Just bought the unlocked GSM PRIV on the groupon deal with another $40 off being my first groupon purchase. Doesn't appear to be AT&T branded but will work on AT&T. So if it doesn't have the att symbol on the back is it a straight up BlackBerry unlocked version?

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    08-10-16 10:32 PM
    Just bought the unlocked GSM PRIV on the groupon deal with another $40 off being my first groupon purchase. Doesn't appear to be AT&T branded but will work on AT&T. So if it doesn't have the att symbol on the back is it a straight up BlackBerry unlocked version?

Yep
    08-10-16 10:35 PM
    Yep
    Fingers crossed. The pics on Groupon didn't have the att logo on the back. We shall see when I have it in my hands.

08-10-16 10:48 PM
    Fingers crossed. The pics on Groupon didn't have the att logo on the back. We shall see when I have it in my hands.

The Groupon deal IS an ATT model
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=yfnbhH6r

Although the pictures don't show, it's clear in the description:
    Blackberry Priv 32GB Android Smartphone for AT&T
    08-11-16 12:28 AM
    The Groupon deal IS an ATT model
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=2B09IEVg

Although the pictures don't show, it's clear in the description:
    Blackberry Priv 32GB Android Smartphone for AT&T
    People never read lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-11-16 04:55 AM
    No longer available
    Does say pretty prominently " Blackberry Priv 32GB Android Smartphone for AT&T", in a font size a bit larger than most of the page.
    08-11-16 08:08 AM
    Two 'identical' (unlocked) Priv's on site, one at $369.99, the other at $699.
    Guess which one is AT&T and which one is BlackBerry.

Neither one is Verizon compatible
    Does that mean the AT&T one is not "unlocked" and the BlackBerry one is? I thought both were "unlocked" -- meaning you can do whatever you want with it (except Verizon as it is simply not compatible). Thanks for the clarification.
    08-11-16 04:11 PM
    No longer available
    Does say pretty prominently " Blackberry Priv 32GB Android Smartphone for AT&T", in a font size a bit larger than most of the page.
    So it's unlocked but for AT&T...I guess I have no idea what unlocked actually means, LOL. Thanks.
    08-11-16 04:13 PM
    So it's unlocked but for AT&T...I guess I have no idea what unlocked actually means, LOL. Thanks.
    Two kinds of unlocked
    Carrier unlocked - means it has the special soft/firm ware that keeps it from getting updates from anywhere except the carrier it was built for. And contains all the carrier bloatware that you can disable, but not get rid of. It can be used on other carriers, assuming radios match. But will only receive updates if it has an active SIM from the original carrier.

Factory unlocked - Has no carrier bloatware, can be used on any carrier, (assuming radios match) and gets updates directly from BlackBerry, regardless of current carrier. Or even no carrier.

So far AT&T has been kinda ok with updates, past history says it won't stay that way, and they will be in a competition with Verizon to see who can be the last on updates, and who can just entirely skip the most.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    08-11-16 07:44 PM
    People never read lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You guys are all so smart...but right. I took a chance with the price and free returns hoping it was a seller that didn't know what they were talking about (I did thoroughly read the description, but thanks). It is AT&T. Not even gonna break the seal and just return it. My Q10 works flawless so I'll wait and find a factory unlocked at a price I can live with. Only reason I want it is to test out android before the new hardware releases next year.

08-15-16 06:22 PM