Frustrating that the Crackberry store has sales listed for cases but when you add to cart they show as out of stock. How often do they replenish these? What are the other good sources?

Also I hear that the glass screen protectors can crack under cases like the hard shell slide out I am considering. Are there good non glass alternatives to consider? Or does the gorilla glass need a protector in any case? Thanks for your help.
    12-07-16 07:16 PM
    I could have sworn Piel Frama was manufacturing a case for Priv but apparently, that is not the, eh, case. Tetded's PC plastic cradles and quickly deteriorating leather finishes render me unimpressed, uninterested.

The pickings seem decidedly slim and regrettably, the Seidio Surface case doesn't seem to be readily available anywhere in Europe.

It seems I'll be getting a Noreve case with vertical flip; I like Piel Frama's design cues over Noreve's but quality wise they are comparable and lightyears ahead the likes of Tetded and PDAir.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have a link for where to purchase the Noreve? Thanks.
    12-07-16 10:38 PM
    Frustrating that the Crackberry store has sales listed for cases but when you add to cart they show as out of stock. How often do they replenish these? What are the other good sources?

Also I hear that the glass screen protectors can crack under cases like the hard shell slide out I am considering. Are there good non glass alternatives to consider? Or does the gorilla glass need a protector in any case? Thanks for your help.
    I don't know how Crackberry deals with inventory. The Priv has been around for more than a year and I suspect the inventory on some items might be slim.

Gorilla glass breaks and you can read reports of cracked screens on this forum unfortunately. I read mixed reviews of the glass protectors. They can distribute force and break while protecting the screen whereas the vinyl type really only protect from scratching. But just the other day, someone reported that the glass protector and underlying screen broke - it really depends on the nature of the fall, angle, etc.

I've got a protector for scratches but also have my Priv in a Flip case. But I take mine hiking and biking and x-country skiing as well as around town.
    12-07-16 10:50 PM
    Do you have a link for where to purchase the Noreve? Thanks.
    They are right here:

http://www.noreve.com/en/678-blackberry-priv?cfg=1

I'm going with the style with the vertical flip, probably in "Horizon" leather in "Abaca Arancia" colour.

Noreve have the product page for Mercury up already as well - "coming soon", apparently. B)

Posted via CB10
    12-10-16 04:14 PM
    I had the Seidio Surface case with holster for the Passport and loved it. For the Priv I just bought the Stilgut case with clip, the black Nappa cover. It is very well made. I was unsure about the clip, but I wanted the cover to stay shut if dropped. After having it a few days I am used to it and it is nice. It is a very well made case.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-10-16 04:57 PM
    Does anyone know if the black Incipio looks any different than the gray?
    12-19-16 09:17 PM
    I think it depends on what you are looking for. I really wanted a beautiful leather case to house my beautiful Priv. I finally found one at Tuff-Luv.com -- great leather cases - and I had mine personalized too. Truly a beautiful case. I got the flip one (they send you a screen cover too), with the pockets for cards and such. The strap is backwards - which is really interesting - it works much better because it is not in your way when you open the phone - really well thought out.Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-blackberry_priv_vintage_brown_leather_case_1.jpg
    FF22 and Sigewif like this.
    12-25-16 11:13 PM
    I think it depends on what you are looking for. I really wanted a beautiful leather case to house my beautiful Priv. I finally found one at Tuff-Luv.com -- great leather cases - and I had mine personalized too. Truly a beautiful case. I got the flip one (they send you a screen cover too), with the pockets for cards and such. The strap is backwards - which is really interesting - it works much better because it is not in your way when you open the phone - really well thought out.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry_priv_vintage_brown_leather_case_1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	414861
    Does it have the sleep magnet that turns off the Priv when it is closed?
    12-26-16 09:03 AM
    I always like to use a leather pouch with my Blackberrys, so that I can get the authentic feel of the phone when its actually in use.
    But has anyone used the original BlackBerry Priv leather pouch together with a screen protector?
    My pouch is such a tight fit that I suspect it would take a screen protector off in no time.
    12-27-16 04:35 PM
    The one with the belt clip? Mine was so tight it took both hands and some effort to get it in and out. I can't see a screen protector staying intact.
    01-01-17 09:48 AM
    The one with the belt clip? Mine was so tight it took both hands and some effort to get it in and out. I can't see a screen protector staying intact.
    No belt clip, just the basic leather pouch (as reviewed on CB by DJ Reyes I think). It's actually a perfect fit for my Leap so all is not lost if I decide to go with another case for my Priv.
    01-02-17 05:33 AM
    Those with Seidio cases and holster. How are wearing and working now? Looking to get a Priv soon and always loved seidio cases on my iphone 6+s.
    01-05-17 09:43 AM
    Those with Seidio cases and holster. How are wearing and working now?
    Been running mine for close to a year, as stout and reliable as the ones I've used in the past.
    Looks just as good, (or bad) now as when new. Lets face it, it's not the best looking case available, but it's the only one that ages well.
    01-05-17 02:46 PM
    Does a hard shell case fit within the PRIV Leather Smart Flip Case? Or is it meant to be either or? It is marked down on Blackberry site ate present: ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV Leather Smart Flip Case, Tan

The hard shell works well but provide no protection for the screen glass. Thanks for letting me know.
    01-12-17 03:11 PM
    Does a hard shell case fit within the PRIV Leather Smart Flip Case? Or is it meant to be either or? It is marked down on Blackberry site ate present: ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV Leather Smart Flip Case, Tan

The hard shell works well but provide no protection for the screen glass. Thanks for letting me know.
    No, it will not work. The Flip case has a plastic frame that tightly hugs the left and right edges of the unit.

Some people have used glass screen protectors, I believe, but reviews on glass protectors is very mixed.

While I have Ghost Armor screen protector, it really is intended to prevent scratching and not sharp impacts.
    01-12-17 05:06 PM
    No, it will not work. The Flip case has a plastic frame that tightly hugs the left and right edges of the unit.

Some people have used glass screen protectors, I believe, but reviews on glass protectors is very mixed.

While I have Ghost Armor screen protector, it really is intended to prevent scratching and not sharp impacts.
    Thanks for the feedback. I assume the same can be said for this one too? PRIV Leather Pocket, Black ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV Leather Pocket, Black
    01-20-17 02:37 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I assume the same can be said for this one too? PRIV Leather Pocket, Black ShopBlackBerry Online Store - *PRIV Leather Pocket, Black
    I think someone asked about the fit of that case and a reply today mentioned it fit really well but was TIGHT when first used. So there is probably not a lot of room for even a minimal external case. It might work with one of those skins that are vinyl.
    01-20-17 03:37 PM
    I bought the original BlackBerry flip black leather case from crackberry and it's really nice. Like it so far.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-17 09:00 AM
    Revisiting the Verizon version of the hard shell case holster combo. I'm finding I really like it. Only drawback is no sleep magnet, which isn't as big a deal as I thought it might be.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=dderjqTg
    And at $29 US it's cheap.
    01-22-17 08:07 PM
    www.verizonwireless.com%252Faccessories%252Fshell-holster-combo-for-priv-by-blackberry%252F&token=Q_-xPIQY[/url]
    Not sure what happened with the link in previous post.
    ---
    Apparently the link function is misbehaving on CrackBerry
    Do a search for 'verizon hard shell case combo'
    01-22-17 08:09 PM
    Really liked my seidio case, but when I saw the BlackBerry leather flip case on amazon for $15 I had to jump and I'm glad I did. Of course ymmv but it's working terrific for me.
    01-27-17 08:38 AM
    If anyone is interested in a minimalist case that only covers the back, is soft-touch and textured, check the IMAK cowboy case. I picked one up on ebay from China for @ $7. Only took a week to get here. Just make sure and look that is it a "genuine" IMAK and not a knock-off.

Personally, I have never had a case for my blackberries, and the priv looks great naked, but the sides are so thin, and the squared off corners, all made my hands hurt. So far, this case makes the priv much more comfortable to hold and solves the "squishy back" issue as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-27-17 02:21 PM
    Revisiting the Verizon version of the hard shell case holster combo. I'm finding I really like it. Only drawback is no sleep magnet, which isn't as big a deal as I thought it might be.

And at $29 US it's cheap.
    I've also been very happy with mine. The slight resistance the case gave to the slider disappeared after about a week of use, now it slides the same as when the case is off.
    My friend (who is quite accident prone) has dropped hers a number of times on hard surfaces and the phone and case is still in perfect shape. I also purchased a tempered glass screen protector for both of us, and when she dropped her phone and the screen impacted the corner of a table, only the screen protector shattered. I'd suggest this combo to anyone with this phone, can't beat it imo.
    The lack of sleep magnet doesn't bother me either, I always turn off the screen when I'm done using the phone and it never turns itself on when it's in the holster.
    Wezard and FF22 like this.
    01-28-17 08:37 PM
    Super happy with a pale blue Fettion wallet style case that came in the mail today! Adds a bit of bulk, but I think it helps, and it seems like it'll keep closed nicely.

Fits excellently, and I had no trouble getting the phone in and out! It costs about $10 from Amazon, but I don't have the link on hand at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-12809.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-17 01:11 PM
    " Quote Originally Posted by MaineAssassin View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this out there I got a Priv on the Black Friday deal and have been trying out cases. The Seidio is by far the best I've found. The case has a nice feel to it and isn't slippery like the OEM BB case. It will function with a hard screen protector unlike the OEM case. It also has the most functional belt clip I've found yet and can be bought on Amazon as a package with the clip and the hard case that clips into it for around $40. It's as close as I've found to the Otterbox I have on my old Q10.
    Are you talking about the Seidio Surface case working with a 3D glass protector? "

Sorry for the HUGE delay and yes it works with the wrap-around hard screen protector (though I personally hate the one I have it's very fingerprint-happy and has poor response in the corners).
    Last edited by MaineAssassin; 02-02-17 at 11:19 PM. Reason: forgot to quote
    02-02-17 11:16 PM
380 ... 1112131415 ...