I have both the Sikai Flip case in brown leather, and the official blackberry tan leather pocket sleeve.

I do really like the Sikai flip, but the front magnets will not activate the screen the way they are supposed to for the notifications. I feel like they are just in the wrong spot and it's a shame.

Yes you can use the Camera with the case, but you have to just hold it differently and let the cover dangle.

I see myself using the BB Sleeve case more and more, as I do really love this phone without a case, but often thrown it into my bag as I walk around.
    07-20-16 09:14 AM
    Quick update :
    This case is pretty good but doesn't cover the top and bottom not really covered well enough but it's pretty good for 5 bucks.
    And you can wireless charge with it.
    Hope it will protect my phone well enough.
    07-21-16 05:45 AM
    I have received the Seido Surface Case Sunday, and so far I am very pleased with this case. I have no issues with sliding the keyboard in and out with the case on. I also have a screen protector on my phone, and it has no issues with this case. I am very happy with this case and thanks for the recommendation!
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-16 09:19 AM
    Has anyone heard of/bought this case: https://www.amazon.ca/Fettion-Blackb...UvbUpU12523692 and if so, comments?
    07-28-16 03:14 PM
    Has anyone heard of/bought this case: https://www.amazon.ca/Fettion-Blackb...UvbUpU12523968 and if so, comments?
    Not leather. There is no cut out or hole for the led to show through. Can't tell if it has the sleep magnet.
    07-28-16 07:44 PM
    Not leather. There is no cut out or hole for the led to show through. Can't tell if it has the sleep magnet.
    I really like the OEM flip case but I can't justify spending $50 for it.
    Last edited by andy957; 08-01-16 at 10:32 AM.
    07-28-16 08:54 PM
    I picked up this case simply so I had something for a wallet and phone combo. It's decent but as mentioned, no led light and no it does not go to sleep in it either.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-02-16 01:48 PM
    Don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Is there a difference in Priv accessories (in particular cases) for devices bought in the U.S. (or international) versus those bought in Canada?

The reason I ask is that in the Crackberry store, you can sort between accessories for "Priv" and accessories for "Priv CA".

Thanks.
    08-04-16 07:03 AM
    Don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but I didn't want to start a new one.

Is there a difference in Priv accessories (in particular cases) for devices bought in the U.S. (or international) versus those bought in Canada?

The reason I ask is that in the Crackberry store, you can sort between accessories for "Priv" and accessories for "Priv CA".

Thanks.
    I believe all Priv's are the same exact size. They also use the same power system in both countries so the plugs/voltage would be the same although there might be different safety standards. There is, I believe, a Crackberry store with a Canadian address and one with US. They may sell different products and I'm not sure whether they ship across the border.
    08-04-16 09:39 AM
    So, recently I was going through some sheikh/emir's instagram pictures (yeah, I had some free time and occasionally am an Instagram believer/user now after all these years without any kind of modern apps on BB OS7 lol) and saw this on the back of his iPhone which I hadn't got a clue what it could be. He was just taking selfies & movies and what not while sitting on the backseat of his friends motorcycle, while cruising 160 miles an hour. It seems to stick quite good lol. Upon research, I found out that it is called a "finger strap". Supposedly, it is already common knowledge for quite some years now that these things exist. Personally, I've never heard of it, nor see it being used by anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...er+strap+phone

I ditched the flip case for reasons mentioned here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12395092
    I won't be purchasing the hard shell case any longer: not only the price bugs me (EUR 40,00 = about USD 44 here in Europe), but the general consensus also seems to be that it is bulky and very slippery.

Review:

I must say, after purchasing the finger strap for around about 3 bucks!!!! I'm quite happy with it.

I purchased it in this vendor's E-shop for who wants to try too:
    Finger Grip Strap Phone Holder w Stand for Mobile Phone iPhone iPad Tablet | eBay (but of course, I suppose you can pick it up at a lot of other places too as it seems to be such a well-known product).

Initially, I wanted to buy the orange, but decided it was too flashy and BLACKberry should remain all BLACK after all.

My own experience:
    -One-handed experience is top-notch.
    -The phone feels very safe in your hands while being strapped.
    -The kickstand can only be used when the phone is horizontally placed, not when it's vertically placed.
    -It creaks a bit when you move the phone in your hand while being strapped (which is basically only noticeable when you're in a library or at home with the television and the wifey's mouth turned off).

The sticky stuff is very strong. I did not had the feeling that it comes-off easily. So the phone is safe from a drop while being strapped as far as I can tell. Do make sure you degrease the phone before attaching the strap.

I have no clue if and what the damage is when you remove the finger strap from the phone.

Instructions how to do so, can be found in this "how to" video:

-I wouldn't place the strap right in the middle like it is shown on the package in the attachment but a bit lower. In this way it is more comfy to use the the physical keyboard and the virtual keyboard. Basically the top of the strap goes right on the BlackBerry logo with the top of the strap slightly above it.
    There is no room for error. So, make sure you attach it neatly and exactly where you want it.

-Of course, the phone isn't lying as flat as it did any longer. It doesn't bug me at all. I don't waste time being or getting annoyed by such futilities.

I would say, give it a try if you -like me- don't like the current Priv cases and prefer to go caseless but also would prefer some kind of protection. It's only around about 3 bucks.

Best BlackBerry Priv Cases!-2016-08-08_233556.jpg
    Last edited by WT44; 08-09-16 at 04:54 AM.
    08-08-16 05:18 PM
    Love Handle info
    The "dental floss" removal procedure is the same method to remove items secured by earthquake wax from the underlying surface.

Thanks for the posting. It looks interesting when hanging off the side of a steep trail with the phone. I guess one could get a rear case/shell and attach it to that to avoid direct attachment to the phone.
    08-08-16 06:24 PM
    Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not. I have been looking for a case that covers the front as well. It seems as though the Seidio surface is best suited for me. Unfortunately, I reside in Australia and they don't have a distributor here, it would cost close to $80 including shipping if I were to ship from USA.

Could anyone recommend something else? There are a few flip cases available, but I'm not sure if it would provide proper protection. I don't trust myself and I tend to drop my phone frequently. Thanks
    08-09-16 01:46 AM
    The "dental floss" removal procedure is the same method to remove items secured by earthquake wax from the underlying surface.

Thanks for the posting. It looks interesting when hanging off the side of a steep trail with the phone. I guess one could get a rear case/shell and attach it to that to avoid direct attachment to the phone.
    I suppose you can, but make sure that case is not made of silicon, leather or wood (like that bulky custom made one that was posted here some time ago). I read that the finger strap doesn't always attach properly to certain materials. You don't want to test THAT if YOU are the one who's on the backseat of a motorcycle going 160 miles an hour or on some exotic speedboat, going God knows what, when trying to taking a selfie, like that Sheikh.
    Last edited by WT44; 08-10-16 at 04:23 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-09-16 04:59 AM
    Unfortunately, I reside in Australia and they don't have a distributor here
    These guys are listed as a distributor in AU, couldn't find a listing for Seidio, but it's worth calling them.

https://www.mobileexpress.com.au/
    08-09-16 10:58 AM
    These guys are listed as a distributor in AU, couldn't find a listing for Seidio, but it's worth calling them.

https://www.mobileexpress.com.au/
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I doubt they have any in stock but I did email them, so let's see how that goes.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-10-16 02:32 AM
    Best BlackBerry Priv case is no case

Priv is a great looking phone and cases are ruining it. Besides they are useless, designed only to get your money.
    If you have iPhone then you need a case, because of the low quality, easy scratchable screen.

Priv is the opposite, I use it for 6 months without screen protector and case and it looks like out of the box, not even one scratch.
    My girlfriend has another one in her purse and guess what? Nothing :-)

My colleague has one in the original hard shell... and it's damaged because of the shell.

Besides, it's easier to drop Priv in a case/shell.
    Last edited by BatSk8; 08-11-16 at 05:38 PM.
    08-11-16 05:14 PM
    I got my official Blackberry Hard Sliding Case yesterday.

It fits pretty well, feels sturdy enough, and doesn't add too much bulk. It also doesn't hinder the sliding mechanism much at all, besides feeling a tad more stiff. I like the case.
    08-12-16 05:39 PM
    Whats the best slim crystal clear case out there, in your opinion?
    Cheers
    08-12-16 07:04 PM
    Best BlackBerry Priv case is no case

Priv is a great looking phone and cases are ruining it. Besides they are useless, designed only to get your money.
    If you have iPhone then you need a case, because of the low quality, easy scratchable screen.

Priv is the opposite, I use it for 6 months without screen protector and case and it looks like out of the box, not even one scratch.
    My girlfriend has another one in her purse and guess what? Nothing :-)

My colleague has one in the original hard shell... and it's damaged because of the shell.

Besides, it's easier to drop Priv in a case/shell.
    Interesting you should say that. I've dinged maybe smartphones after dropping them, without cases. I've been looking for used Privs and some have similar dings on them, which I assume they were dropped.

But either way, thanks for your opinion, I'd rather stick to cases for the peace of my mind.

It fits pretty well, feels sturdy enough, and doesn't add too much bulk. It also doesn't hinder the sliding mechanism much at all, besides feeling a tad more stiff. I like the case.
    I might consider that myself.
    08-12-16 10:27 PM
    I never got the BB hard case cuz they didn't offer a holster.
    Nearly every report said they were slippery, is that still the case?

The BB sleeve case with belt clip is nice, but it takes two hands to get the phone out or put it back, couldn't deal with that.
    08-13-16 07:15 AM
    I've had my Seidio Surface case and Clearplex screen protector for about a week now. No complaints.

The Surface could be slightly grippier, but it's not bad. I've never been a fan of holsters, so I'm fine with the way it is.

The installation of the Clearplex at Bestbuy was fast, about ten minutes - unfortunately it went on a little bit lopsided, but it's covered up once the case goes on.

I haven't had any issues with the slider, contrary to some other reports.
    08-13-16 08:58 AM
    I have had the brown Blackberry flip case for 9 months. I like the wind notifications and the fact that it covers the phone front and back.

Recently I've noticed it has started to fall apart around the edges and I've tried to clean the leather but it's not looking as good as it used to. I've decided to change from a case to a skin. I ordered a Ukarbon skin in two colors and a Skinomi screen protector. I hope I will like the switch.

Posted via my Priv
    08-20-16 01:07 PM
    Interesting you should say that. I've dinged maybe smartphones after dropping them, without cases. I've been looking for used Privs and some have similar dings on them, which I assume they were dropped.

But either way, thanks for your opinion, I'd rather stick to cases for the peace of my mind.

I might consider that myself.
    Me too
    08-20-16 05:07 PM
    Nearly every report said they were slippery, is that still the case?
    Not really.
    08-21-16 03:17 PM
    OK, I take back what I said before about the Seidio Surface case. It's a piece of crap. The first time I dropped it on the sidewalk, the top right corner of the slider assembly broke into two. You'd expect a case to be a bit sturdier than that. The slider wasn't even extended!

Does anyone know if Seido has a guarantee against this sort of thing?
    08-22-16 06:22 PM
380 ... 7891011 ...