Is there any Android App blocker / killer that keeps doing the shutting down or blocking consistently / repeatedly.

I am a physician and have several medical Apps that I would like to download for intermittent use related to work, but they periodically (or possibly more frequently) turn on or stay on in the background and consume battery as well as generate tremendous heat.

I just bought Priv within past 6 days and have had temps go up to 110 F. I downloaded a battery plus App and Cooler Master App, but they only close Apps they see as having increased battery usage when they analyze.

I want something that keeps the App shut down until I am ready to call upon it and use it. Then when I close the App, I don't want it to turn back on until I'm ready to use it later. It's okay if it asks me if it can download updates at later time, but I want to be able to designate when to do this (such as when charging, etc.)

I have had chronic problems with my Z10 getting hot. I never knew the highest temps. But my battery would discharge significantly, as well as the phone would perform poorly when hot: calls would not go through, Apps would be sluggish.

This Priv is bordering on the same. I would hope someone who is more tech savvy has come up with a solution.

Also, my charger cord continues to disconnect in the port. It jiggles within it and requires keeping the USB in particular angle. It it comes loose form that position, it may or may not work. Does anyone else have similar problems ? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    08-28-16 01:08 PM
    Is there any Android App blocker / killer that keeps doing the shutting down or blocking consistently / repeatedly.

I am a physician and have several medical Apps that I would like to download for intermittent use related to work, but they periodically (or possibly more frequently) turn on or stay on in the background and consume battery as well as generate tremendous heat.

I just bought Priv within past 6 days and have had temps go up to 110 F. I downloaded a battery plus App and Cooler Master App, but they only close Apps they see as having increased battery usage when they analyze.

I want something that keeps the App shut down until I am ready to call upon it and use it. Then when I close the App, I don't want it to turn back on until I'm ready to use it later. It's okay if it asks me if it can download updates at later time, but I want to be able to designate when to do this (such as when charging, etc.)

I have had chronic problems with my Z10 getting hot. I never knew the highest temps. But my battery would discharge significantly, as well as the phone would perform poorly when hot: calls would not go through, Apps would be sluggish.

This Priv is bordering on the same. I would hope someone who is more tech savvy has come up with a solution.

Also, my charger cord continues to disconnect in the port. It jiggles within it and requires keeping the USB in particular angle. It it comes loose form that position, it may or may not work. Does anyone else have similar problems ? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    While I have not used it, a number of folks have suggested that Greenify can stop or prohibit apps from running.

Are you using the adapter that came with the Priv? Even so, try another cable/charger and see if the fit is better. If it is stll loose, you might want to consider having the phone replaced. Most of my plugs have had not such loosening issues. I did have a usb on-the-go adapter that would lose contact unless carefully angled - a pain.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-28-16 03:17 PM
    My charger also fits perfectly and tight enough, as well as my OTG adaptor and other USB cables that I have lying around. Definitely try another USB cable, I hope your issue is not caused by the phone's connector.

Also, I'd recommend you read this topic regarding task killers and as for battery and app monitoring, try GSam Battery Monitor, SystemPanelLite and Cool Tool if you think you have misbehaving apps. I don't believe any app that promises to "save battery", "cool phones down" etc... They're mostly a load of garbage and empty promises that do more harm than good.
    08-28-16 04:21 PM
    I would also recommend Greenify.

With marshmallow update it seems to deep hibernate to save more battery power than it did in lollipop
    08-28-16 04:52 PM
    Return it and get a new device. The usb cable should fit snug. After a few weeks it will loosen. Then start over. If it continues to heat up then factory reset and then add things back slowly. Eventually it will settle down. I had the same problem. You really don't need a task killer. Just delete or disable the apps you don't want or need and go into the Google account and turn off what you don't want synced in the background. There are many many threads on this in these forums that will help you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-28-16 06:31 PM
    Thank you for the comments / advice so far. After posting, I did do a factory reset as the temp shown on screen reached a high of 111.

I have not reloaded any App so far except the Crackberry and Firefox App. Since there is no temp displayed any more on screen, all I can tell is that the phone is not as hot. It does feel warmer at times though.

I will do some reading on the Greenify and other task killers before loading more on.

I'll have to look for a good USB. The Verizon people had mentioned that I need a USB connection that can charge fast for the larger battery (not sure how to differentiate between them if so).

If the USB doesn't fit in next couple of days, I think I should be within my warranty to return / exchange. I would like to avoid a refurbished unit.

Is it possible that the manufacturer warranty may be different? I would think they will send a refurbished unit as well. May need to just return it and "purchase" another new one.
    08-28-16 06:58 PM
    Thank you for the comments / advice so far. After posting, I did do a factory reset as the temp shown on screen reached a high of 111.

I have not reloaded any App so far except the Crackberry and Firefox App. Since there is no temp displayed any more on screen, all I can tell is that the phone is not as hot. It does feel warmer at times though.

I will do some reading on the Greenify and other task killers before loading more on.

I'll have to look for a good USB. The Verizon people had mentioned that I need a USB connection that can charge fast for the larger battery (not sure how to differentiate between them if so).

If the USB doesn't fit in next couple of days, I think I should be within my warranty to return / exchange. I would like to avoid a refurbished unit.

Is it possible that the manufacturer warranty may be different? I would think they will send a refurbished unit as well. May need to just return it and "purchase" another new one.
    Try the GSam app I linked above if you want to know your battery's temperature. It doesn't waste resources and can be very useful. It also gives an estimate on your battery life over several charges, charge and discharge rates, that's why I'll use it for some time and then uninstall it. I don't think 111 F is anything out of the ordinary in more intensive tasks.

Best Android App blocker / killer that keeps working all the time?-screenshot_20160829-081843.jpgBest Android App blocker / killer that keeps working all the time?-screenshot_20160829-081850.jpg

I believe what your support was trying to say is that you could use a Qualcomm Quick Charge charger to charge faster. It's not mandatory, my 1.5 Amp charger charges to full in about two hours. I think all you need to try is a different USB cable.

Also, since you're on Verizon, you don't have the Marshmallow update available. People say that they get better battery life and less heat since the update.

I don't know about warranty and refurbished units.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-29-16 01:29 AM
    I have a few different apps that show phone (not sure if they are measuring battery temp or phone at some sensor point) and one of them shows temps five or more degrees F higher than others. So I am not sure how reliable some of them are.
    08-29-16 09:08 AM
    I have a few different apps that show phone (not sure if they are measuring battery temp or phone at some sensor point) and one of them shows temps five or more degrees F higher than others. So I am not sure how reliable some of them are.
    It could be that some show CPU, and some battery. Elixir 2 shows CPU temp and battery temp and they do indeed differ by a few degrees. I guess the formating is wrong on CPU temp and it should in fact be 34.2 C

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Best Android App blocker / killer that keeps working all the time?-26049.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    08-29-16 10:52 AM