You know, unless you're that Doctor that flies around the world giving free cleft palate operations to less fortunate children, you're in no position to decide what is actual and valuable work in this world. Anyone who legally creates new jobs and allows people to work and pay taxes and build families is a value to western society. It is the apex of our species to want to create livelihoods for others, and I hope everyone gets that opportunity.
    You seem upset. Would you like to talk about it?
    ce71 likes this.
    12-06-15 01:57 PM
    You know, unless you're that Doctor that flies around the world giving free cleft palate operations to less fortunate children, you're in no position to decide what is actual and valuable work in this world. Anyone who legally creates new jobs and allows people to work and pay taxes and build families is a value to western society. It is the apex of our species to want to create livelihoods for others, and I hope everyone gets that opportunity.
    Sounds like something from Glenn Gary Ross.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-06-15 03:21 PM
    ^^
    My team has created 30 jobs in this crap economy, we entertain millions every day for free, and we are job creators, family creators - heck, we just create!

There's nothing cool about Ad Blockers. Nothing at all. It just denies the Free Web. That's not cool.
    Agreed to a certain extend.
    But there a two kinds of free regarding the web.

"Free content/stuff" and "free as in free speech".

Which one is more valuable?
    The free speech web has largely been negatively affected by the free content one, I perceive.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...al-sin/376041/

It's our choice. Not only AdChoice(s) � ...

:-D

(disclaimer: I do some web marketing myself, so CPM/PV/etc. a not unknown diseases to me, but there are limits as to what level of intrusiveness and nastiness should be there)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    d a elliott and ce71 like this.
    12-06-15 06:00 PM
    We should be able to apply ad blockers for certain circumstances and searches. No doubt.

I use Firefox on BB10 with Ghostery, Self-destruct Cookies, and AdBlock Plus, if I feel the need...

:-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-06-15 06:08 PM
    I don't mind some ads but heck why do I have to wait for a 30 second video clip to finish playing before I can read an article. Ads are ok but video clips that's abusive I shouldn't have to waste my bandwidth on clips I don't need to see.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-15 07:44 PM
    I don't mind some ads but heck why do I have to wait for a 30 second video clip to finish playing before I can read an article. Ads are ok but video clips that's abusive I shouldn't have to waste my bandwidth on clips I don't need to see.

Posted via CB10
    That pays for the content.
    12-06-15 07:47 PM
    What are you talking about? That is total nonsense. Ads just get in the way. It gets really boring when you constantly have to answer (either mentally or on the phone) "hey do you want to buy some of my crap?" stop trying to justify the most irritating industry on the planet.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    ce71 and BB_PP like this.
    12-07-15 01:50 AM
    Any other Adblocker recommendation?

Thanks,

George.
    12-09-15 06:49 PM
    This is absolute rubbish!!!!

I'm using AdGuard. And you can't stop me. If this business model doesn't make money, then you find another business model. That's the way the world works. That's the way life works! Internet or apps isn't a charity operation.

AdGuard works! No distracting advertisements. I love it. I encourage everyone to use it!

Please don't use ad blockers!

The free web only stays free if you view the advertisements. It might be enticing to remove those ads, but people like to get paid for their effort. They stop putting in effort if they stop getting paid.

I don't even understand how Ad Blockers are legal. When Tivo tried to put this type of convenience in their units back in the 90's, the FCC and Broadcasters almost put them out of business, demanding that their advertisement skip feature be blocked and removed. I had a Sony ES VCR that had a 30-second Skip button, that was gone after the first hardware revision, again at the pressuring from advertisers.

Did you ever stop to wonder why that guy pulled his Ad Blocker from the iTunes store in such a rush?

BTW, you'll also be harming Crackberry with your ad blocker also.
    ce71 likes this.
    12-09-15 08:09 PM
    And then this...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/3/96...ocker-tracking

No add-on needed to block ads on Firefox.

Attachment 383895

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2813 CB10 
    d a elliott likes this.
    12-10-15 05:55 PM
85 ... 234