I have seen in a few forums people complaining about certain features of BBM not being offered for free to BlackBerry users even if they are charged to BBM users on other devices.

If people are saying how great BBM is and why others should use it versus other alternatives, but don't think they should have to pay is beyond me. An example is people stating BBM users should get meetings for free or stickers, etc.

If you don't think it's worth paying for that's one thing, but if you think it's great and others should pay but you get it free because you have a BlackBerry phone I don't think people actually see the value.

Where I see it making sense is with the PRIV or other android phones that may be offered in the future. If someone chooses a BlackBerry android and we're to get freebies like exclusive stickers packs, video calling on BBM (free or not if it's not available on other android BBM apps) then this could be a real incentive to choose BlackBerry android vs the competition.

Also I would suggest potentially offering the BlackBerry features on PRIV (universal search, HUB, keyboard, etc) as part of the deal for purchasing the phone but charge for these services on other android (and iOS + Windows) phones.

Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    MBrettH likes this.
    10-20-15 01:42 PM
    At least the BlackBerry stickers for free please. And the privacy subscription, I'm still on an older build to prevent the loss of features.
    10-20-15 01:44 PM
    I agree for the price you'll be paying for the phone, you should get BBM everything for fee.......

Me, I think they would be smart if BBM is an optional app and not required.
    10-20-15 01:49 PM
    Do you mean stickers should be free for everyone?

10-20-15 02:02 PM
    Yes!!!! And with bb10....
    10-20-15 02:16 PM
    Do you mean stickers should be free for everyone?

No I mean the stickers made by BlackBerry should be free on a BlackBerry device given the premium prices for their devices. Third party stickers should remain the same.
    10-20-15 03:05 PM
    Really? My kids like stickers!!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-20-15 03:07 PM
    As for things like the DTEK software coming on the PRIV or the BlackBerry features such as keyboard, hub, universal search etc.

I can see it make business sense to entice non-Blackberry android users to the hardware.

But for things like subscriptions they are either seen as worth it (and you pay) or you don't. But when people say how great these features are and set BBM apart what other services like whatsapp only to go on and say they should get them free bc they have a BlackBerry but others should see the value and want to buy them makes little sense to me. It is almost like talking out both sides of your mouth.

10-20-15 07:47 PM