People need to be asking more questions about Blackberry as a software company. Just because your hardware program is failing does not mean that you are automatically a good software company.
    Lot of these financial blogs are just opinion pieces without any real information. I wouldn't pay attention to them much. For every bearish article about BlackBerry, is another bullish article.
    04-07-16 01:47 AM
    Putting up some kind of poster, or at SOMETHING, even if it is a 8" by 11" picture with the PKB and some good Blurb (provided by BB) should be included in the contract with these companies Even a blurb next to the device with "all new: android OS" and a picture with the PKB would have helped. The worst is the workers bad mouthing the product, though. I know that the AT&T store around the corner did better than TMo in our town, but then again they also had the exclusive when they released it.
    BB lost that market or the market has shifted. There is still a market, it's just the blackphone, jolla, one+ market. There are plenty of people, the market, that would like to have a choice other than apple or google. Regardless of mfrs, those are the only stock os. That market also, likely, buys a phone outright, not from a carrier. Advertising in the same circles as Samsung, LG, HTC using a typical ad phone ad campaign is a waste of $, imo.

If BB can get their phones priced right and advertise to the right market then they may see more units move. Who knows, Ive lurked here long enough to know that some people think advertising is the only answer. I think the results for this type of product would always yield mixed results at best, and under the circumstances, any advertising should have a spartan budget.

The market outside of government and enterprise, at least here in the US, is a subset of the prosumer market, imo.
    04-07-16 02:19 PM
    I agree. Ive checked out the samsung rugby. there are one or two flip phones that have 4g and wifi. Im pretty sure you can use them as a hotspot and just use the phone as a communication device. havent found a qwerty option though.

I have a BB classic, unlocked, and a nexus 7 lte with CM. Best communication situation for me. Unlocked, I get the hotspot and with t-mo ($30, 5GB) I get wifi calling...perfect. I have a handful of android apps and media on the nexus 7. I guess I could sideload, but I dont really need to.
    04-07-16 02:26 PM
    Come on man. The money is developing a piece of software that everyone will expect on every Android/IOS device and then getting a recurring stream like the old BIS

Posted via CB10
    If they could offer me some prosumer subset of their BES service as an add on, I'd pay. There's a guy basically doing this on ebay right now with BB devices. Selling Q10's with BES level (not BES per se) service alongside...servers in iceland and such.
    04-07-16 02:31 PM
    This is true but the two BlackBerry reports must be separated, one is hardware the other software. Big difference, but on this forum they tend to blend the two to suit their needs or hopes.

Woof!
    04-09-16 07:04 AM
    This is true but the two BlackBerry reports must be separated, one is hardware the other software. Big difference, but on this forum they tend to blend the two to suit their needs or hopes.

Woof!
    Blackberry as a company is doing fine, it has the cash, the software sales are doing okay, the recent acquisitions will make generate revenue in the future. it is the hardware division that is suffering currently. the worst that could happen is for the hardware business to be dead, not the whole company. same thing happened for many companies like GM, Ford etc where they had to sell or discontinue certain brands that simply didn't sell.
    04-09-16 11:54 AM
    There just is no compelling reason for other Android users to switch over from another brand.
    EXACTLY what all my Android using friends say when I mention the Priv!

PKB and the "so called" added security is not even on their radar when it comes to choosing a phone.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    05-07-16 11:01 PM
    EXACTLY what all my Android using friends say when I mention the Priv!

PKB and the "so called" added security is not even on their radar when it comes to choosing a phone.

Posted via CB10
    You're going to have a hard time convincing people on this forum, that the outside world could care less about security and a physical keyboard lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 11:27 PM
    They did not say hardware was profitable, they said they reduced the losses by half. Big difference.

Chen said that they need to sell 3M devices to break even in FY2017 if ASP remains around $300. However, he said he's also considering reducing the price on the Priv, and in that case the break even point would obviously rise above that 3M mark.

He thinks they have a shot at breaking even in hardware, but he reiterated that if that does not happen he will shut it down.
    I wish someone would shutdown Chairman Chen before he destroys what is left of BlackBerry. Dump BlackBerry OS 10 immediately and offer current BlackBerry 10 smartphone users an upgrade path to BlackBerry Priv and BlackBerry Android.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-16 08:23 AM
234 ... 8910