Hi Everyone

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find if anyone had the same issue as I have.

I got my Priv yesterday. I setup all the accounts, contacts, calender etc. When it came to bbm I used my id from my BB10. It looks like it accepted it yet it continues to show BBM setting up in progress. This continued for 30 mins. I reset the device and the setup was still in progress. I uninstalled bbm and it took me back to the id which I input again and once again it went into the loop.

Has anyone encountered this issue? Any suggestions on how I can get my blackberry id to work on the priv?

Thanks in advance and if this is on another forum then please let me know and i'll research and ask questions there.
    03-13-16 10:32 AM
    hi there, is it the same for 3G and WiFi?
    03-13-16 11:04 AM
    I have both connected so I guess that is wifi right now. I'll disconnect and try it on 3g only.
    03-13-16 11:09 AM
    (sniff). I have not setup bbm on the Priv. For the moment, I'm leaving on the Z30 so that I can still use BLEND.
    03-13-16 11:52 AM
    Had a similar issue the other day. Had to "uninstall" BBM, but since you can't on Priv, I disabled BBM in the App settings, reverted to factory version, reupdated it, wiped it's cache and data, then forced stop, then reopened.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-13-16 11:52 AM
    Tried LTE - no luck. WIFI only no luck.
    03-13-16 11:53 AM
    Had a similar issue the other day. Had to "uninstall" BBM, but since you can't on Priv, I disabled BBM in the App settings, reverted to factory version, reupdated it, wiped it's cache and data, then forced stop, then reopened.

How did you set it up? Did you use WIFI or your network? How long did it take to setup? I'm guessing no more than a couple of mins?
    03-13-16 11:57 AM
    How did you set it up? Did you use WIFI or your network? How long did it take to setup? I'm guessing no more than a couple of mins?
    I've used both. Doesn't matter. People are wasting your time asking to try one or the other.

30 seconds.

03-13-16 03:38 PM
    BBM ID can only be used on one device at a time. If you are still using it on another device, it could be preventing proper setup.

03-13-16 04:13 PM
    BBM ID can only be used on one device at a time. If you are still using it on another device, it could be preventing proper setup.

This may be the cause. It should ask you if you want to switch devices, but it sometimes just doesn't work. BlackBerry's inept and behind the times programming of BBM is now at joke status. I switch often between phones and have a problem switching BBM about half the time. The reason you can't be logged into BBM on phone, tablet, computer at the same time literally baffles me. Works perfectly fine on Hangouts and Facebook Messenger.

03-13-16 07:19 PM
    How do you sign out on the bb10 device? I'll do that today and see if it works.
    03-13-16 09:15 PM
    Turn off your device that is originally connected to BBM. Wait about 1 to 5 minutes then try to set up your new bbm on the priv.

Posted from my Priv
    03-13-16 09:21 PM
    Have you had any luck? I am dealing with the same problem.
    03-14-16 12:34 AM
    How do you sign out on the bb10 device? I'll do that today and see if it works.
    In its absolutely lunacy, BBM doesn't allow you to sign out.

03-14-16 05:05 AM
    Same problem here. For the pass 3 days.
    BBM on Priv setup Issue-img_20160314_210057.jpg

Silver edition.
    03-14-16 08:01 PM
    Got my priv last week , first I could not setup my BBM til I turned off my Z30. Once I did I entered my BBID it asked to switch device no problem

FF22 likes this.
    03-14-16 08:34 PM
    NO luck. I have a z30 and its still stuck. I changed my blackberry id password. So let's try one more time. I will call my tech support to help out as they will have to get in touch with blackberry at this rate.
    03-14-16 10:44 PM
    Thank you for this, I was stumped and did uninstalls, reinstalls, upgrading, downgrading and was about to try throwing it through the wall. Thankfully, you saved my new PRIV from drywall burn
    FF22 likes this.
    03-15-16 10:19 AM
    Thank you for this, I was stumped and did uninstalls, reinstalls, upgrading, downgrading and was about to try throwing it through the wall. Thankfully, you saved my new PRIV from drywall burn
    And if I can ask for a clarification? What method did you use to get bbm working?
    03-15-16 11:51 AM
    And finally this worked. Although I gave it over 24 hours before I tried again.

Solution was - turn off the old device completely. Leave it idle.
    On Priv - go to the Apps, stop the app and clear the data.
    Leave it overnight
    Launch BBM and once asked to sign in try to enter blackberry id. If it does not work then just give it a day or two. Basically from what all the other folks wrote made sense that the blackberry servers just needed to see that the old device was off the grid before the transfer.

Main thing is that BBM is back. Bad news is my backup file is not to be found on the priv but that's the least of my worries right now.

Thanks all who posted your help was appreciated.
    03-15-16 09:09 PM
    I had the same issue, but the issue is resolved. I clicked the report a problem link that appeared on the bbm setup page and reported the issue to BB. I am not sure if it was work on their end or if the battery I had on my previous phone I left with the dealer went dead and allowed BBM to switch to my new device.
    03-16-16 08:23 PM
    I'm having the same issue, any work around for this problem as I need to transfer all messages from Q10 to my Priv

05-21-16 06:57 PM