FYI, this is my first post and I'm new to the forums. I recently got a Priv for/from work (it's a company phone, not my primary/personal phone). I've used only Android for years and I'm not really familiar with these extra BB functions.

This might be a stupid question, but if I delete a BBID account, what happens to the stuff that's already on the phone that's linked to that BBID? Will any of the settings/apps/whatever change on my Priv if I delete the BBID account?

Background: when I first got the phone, I guess I set up a BBID? Only it must not have gone through the full setup, because I apparently don't have any security questions enabled. And of course I immediately forgot my password. I didn't even get to confirm my email address, because I can't do that without the password. So I can't change the password online and I can't have a reset link emailed to me. So as far as I can tell, there is no way for me to access my BBID account. All I can do is delete the account and start over with a new one. Do I have that right?

Assuming that's what I have to do, what steps do I need to take before I delete the account to ensure I don't lose anything on the phone?
    ---I saw a couple threads where people essentially bricked their phones because they deleted their BBID accounts. Will that happen to me if I don't change (the security setting I can't recall the name of right now)?
    ---My important files etc. are backed up on dropbox, but I've had the phone for like two weeks and I've already customized a bunch of settings, installed apps, logged in to email/social/etc. accounts... am I going to lose all of that when I delete the BBID account?

TIA for any help/apologies for my ignorance!
    03-15-16 05:23 PM
    so you dont remember your pw

you have no security question

do you even know the email you "used" to set this up ?
    03-15-16 06:45 PM
    Pretty sure the bbid on the Priv is just for BBM.

Unless your work pushed some sort of emm package.

The regular account should just be your google account, like any other Android device.

That is unless you made a specific one for the Priv.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    03-15-16 06:47 PM
    The BBID is only for BBM. Deleting the BBID will not delete anything on the phone.

If you still need BBM, just create a new account and use that instead. No need to worry.

But if it's a BB10 device, then it's a different ballgame...but thats another story to tell
    03-16-16 04:23 AM