Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this kind of thread is there, I did the search but couldn't find any.

So I lay my hand on Priv for almost an hour and truthfully I wasn't impressed by it, the OS lagged, Hub as all have said not even close to bb10, overall my personal opinion I won't buy it, will stick with my passport.

So I want to know few things:
    How many of previous users who were using bb10 OS shifted to Android and the real reason for your jump?

Ofcourse support for BlackBerry wouldn't be the reason bcoz if Priv project would be successful then surely bb10 will be dead so this might not be the real reason,
    as per I have gone through this forum almost everyone for once have showed their anger for Android and ios, then why this Jump when BlackBerry gone to Android?
    BlackBerry android is no different, security is the reason then lets be honest how can we sure that Android by BlackBerry is really secure enough like bb10?
    Big screen with keyboard or specs won't be the reason I think so,
    Or is it that we went for ' App'?

Thanks, I just like to know when everyone here have been cursing Android while using bb10 then why this sudden change in their mindset for Android offered by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-06-16 08:05 AM
    You can either adapt and move forward or become irrelevant.

And because of the screen with the keyboard and the apps with good specs.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-06-16 08:15 AM
    Get the Priv and give it a week or so. Great device and all the heating and battery issues disappear as you learn what to do and not do. There's is a learning curve but also a lot of new things we did not have on BB10. Change is good...

02-06-16 08:19 AM
    Get the Priv and give it a week or so. Great device and all the heating and battery issues disappear as you learn what to do and not do. There's is a learning curve but also a lot of new things we did not have on BB10. Change is good...

Who knows those new things were actually meant for bb10?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 08:22 AM
    well i heard early buzz from the grapevine that the BB10 dev team up north got the axe a few months back. I knew then that devices running on BB10 was in deep poodoo. that's why I had to switch gears quickly and had to get the Priv instead of the Passport (I needed a new phone as my Q10 needs a vacation).

I did flirt with the thought of getting a Samsung, but I REALLY NEED a physical keyboard phone, plus Samsung started getting rid of SD cards on their latest models and that is a real deal breaker for me.

I'm really hoping that BlackBerry starts making some good money on the Droidberry handsets because I'd really hate having to go back to glass slab phones. I've had to contend with this situation before (when the first iPhone came out and pretty much put an end on most pkb phones, dooming Nokia, Sony Erickson etc) and believe me it wasn't an easy wait before I got my hands on a BlackBerry.

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    02-06-16 08:33 AM
    Well OP, the OS lag you mention has not been an issue for me one bit. As for the HUB, sure it's not to the level of BB10 but has improved vastly over a short time with several updates and will only get better.

As for reason for switching, I certainly have a very valid one. Work apps that keep me connected to my job simply did not work on BB10. Work arounds (that partially worked) were available but stopped working. I became less productive (while travelling for work) as I could not access certain things I needed while on the road.

So in a sense, the Priv has actually allowed me to be MORE productive. Yes I know that's blasphemy but it's a fact.

niftymu likes this.
    02-06-16 09:53 AM
    I loved BB10! I bought the Priv when it launched and still used the Passport as my daily driver. There were many things I did not like about the Priv, mainly group messaging. I get a lot of that and when the default messenger wasn't working, my sim went back to the Passport. I was sure to return the Priv before the return policy expired but held onto it to play with here and there. I was good on the Passport, until the recent update to Nike Running. It worked fine until the android runtime couldn't keep up. It made the app unusable. It was then I decided to give the Priv one more try. Fully commit and see if I could transition. I ported over my texts, WhatsApp, used Textra for group texts (with help from AT&T for MMS), and found a 'working' file manager to my liking and so far it's been pretty good. The PKB takes some getting used to but overall the OS isn't bad. I find Nova better than the stock launcher. But it was an app that finally made me cave in.
    02-06-16 10:27 AM
    I didnt switch, but I use both at the same time with different sim cards. I like them both, the Priv and the Passport. The apps on the Priv plus the slider make it a very attractive phone, I like the look of it and the camera is good too. The Passport is extremely well built, and everything is fluid. I like them both and will use both, but I can see why soemone would switch or stay, depending on your preferences.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-16 10:30 AM
    I have switched from the passport. Priv is an excellent device , no lag at all , however there are no things that you can really do better than with a BlackBerry 10 device . The only real plus are the apps !!
    02-06-16 02:50 PM
    Apps of course, and the continuing support. It sucks to see Priv gets updated every month and BB10 gets updated once a quarter if that's the true.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    02-06-16 04:27 PM
    I switched from the Passport, which I loved, to the Priv. I'm not a huge fan of Android, and using the Priv has validated that feeling.

The reason why I got it in the first place is supporting BlackBerry. It is the only company that makes mobile devices I want, so if it goes under, I end up using completely crappy devices... or go back to a dumb phone.

02-06-16 04:39 PM
    I have switched from the passport. Priv is an excellent device , no lag at all , however there are no things that you can really do better than with a BlackBerry 10 device . The only real plus are the apps !!
    Disagree. I've been BlackBerry since day one with secondary iPhone devices. The Priv is by far more intuitive than any bb10 device.

Is it different? f yeah.
    Is it better? Once you take the time to learn it f yeah.
    Is it slow and laggy? Questionable because the first thing you need to do is update the OS, apps and configure it. Plus google has all these things that start up for the first time like backups etc. After all this is said and done the phone Is incredibly fast and amazing.

Anyone who disagrees is not open to change or to dumb to learn. (No offence, just opinion)

02-06-16 05:15 PM
    I was really annoyed (still am a little) because I had to let go of my Passport for a Priv but I'm slowly warming to it. I just love the little things BlackBerry 10 provides us with and really do miss them as I've only had my Priv for less than a week. I just hope they find so much success in the Android world that they eventually give it another go. That's my dream. Until then I suppose we have give Android a go.

02-06-16 06:07 PM
    I had the priv from day 1 .............now gone back to my passport and classic imo soooooooooooo much better but hey each to there own
    02-06-16 06:25 PM
    I sold my Z30 few weeks ago and bought priv. I have to admit that I wish I have done it earlier. I love priv. This is my best phone ever. I love android customization and blackberry additions,battery,quick charging and the keyboard. This phone satisfy me completely. There is absolutely no chance ever to go back to BB10 now.

02-06-16 06:29 PM
    I switched from the Passport to the Priv. For ME the Android user experience is better with the bonus of a large app store. I also like the modern material design of Android. I could do without the physical keyboard on the Priv but occasionally it's nice to use. I would by the Priv again, without question.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    02-06-16 06:35 PM
    I was really annoyed (still am a little) because I had to let go of my Passport for a Priv but I'm slowly warming to it. I just love the little things BlackBerry 10 provides us with and really do miss them as I've only had my Priv for less than a week. I just hope they find so much success in the Android world that they eventually give it another go. That's my dream. Until then I suppose we have give Android a go.

What little things do you mean? I know there was some things the Priv does just as well that I thought it couldn't but turned out I just had to learn it.

02-06-16 06:39 PM
    I switched because, as efficient and excellent as OS10 is, the app gap became insurmountable to me.

As a simple example, my employer and colleagues rely heavily on Cisco Jabber for communications. The nature of our business is such that no one is at their desk anymore. Thus, Jabber has become a primary method of communication. Jabber is one app, in particular, that has no love on OS10. Got tired of not having it on my device.

There are many other apps that I could repeat the above statment. Most of which, related to my job as well as personal needs.

Priv comes along, loaded Jabber, and, bang. No issues.

Loved the Z10, but have become addicted to the large screen, the app ecosystem, and the comfort that apps are no problem anymore. I really didn't appreciate the anchor it became to not have apps on OS10 that were common-place on Droid.

IS the hub on OS10 better: Yes. Is the hub on Priv that bad? No. Will it get better: Probably. OK by me, and not a show stopper.

Exchange server integration: better on OS10. Bad enough on Priv to give it up? No way.

I loved my time with the Z10, but, I see Priv as the way forward and I'll live with the negatives (few) and enjoy the positives (many more).

Is what it is---I believe the Priv is the way forward. Would I give up the Priv after a week and go back to a Z10? No way in _______ .
    fanisk and Steelsheen like this.
    02-06-16 06:53 PM
    Had a Z10 from day one... and it felt like a three year old phone by the time I switched to PRIV. Wanted to stay with a full screen phone... loved the Z10. Passport didn't interest me and I have a Classic for work... fine phone for work, but I was all in on the full screen. Going with a 2 year old Z30 did not interest me either. The app gap was starting to get to me as well. PRIV allowed me to "stay" with BlackBerry and get a current spec'd device that ran all the latest apps without issues. I had always figured Android would be in my future when it came time to move on... would never go iOS. Android is what it is... I miss the integration and workhorse flow of the BB10 OS. I like what BlackBerry is bringing to the Android table and I hope they continue to improve on it. I remember how rough the Hub was at the start with BB10... hopefully they'll bring it just as far on Android, if not further.
    fanisk likes this.
    02-06-16 07:08 PM
    Hello everyone,

I am not sure if this kind of thread is there, I did the search but couldn't find any.

So I lay my hand on Priv for almost an hour and truthfully I wasn't impressed by it, the OS lagged, Hub as all have said not even close to bb10, overall my personal opinion I won't buy it, will stick with my passport.

So I want to know few things:
    How many of previous users who were using bb10 OS shifted to Android and the real reason for your jump?

Ofcourse support for BlackBerry wouldn't be the reason bcoz if Priv project would be successful then surely bb10 will be dead so this might not be the real reason,
    as per I have gone through this forum almost everyone for once have showed their anger for Android and ios, then why this Jump when BlackBerry gone to Android?
    BlackBerry android is no different, security is the reason then lets be honest how can we sure that Android by BlackBerry is really secure enough like bb10?
    Big screen with keyboard or specs won't be the reason I think so,
    Or is it that we went for ' App'?

Thanks, I just like to know when everyone here have been cursing Android while using bb10 then why this sudden change in their mindset for Android offered by BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I jumped because I like new BlackBerry,s and wanted to support the company at first found it hard to adjust missed the integration of BB10 but more I have used the phone the more I love it and you really don't understand what you are missing app wise till I switched that wasn't the deal breaker for me but it has opened my eyes as to why BlackBerry went Android

02-07-16 08:22 AM
    I agree with OP. I tried the Priv and even with the drawback that it is Android, it still isn't as productive as a communication device as BB10. I won't be upgrading to any BlackBerry Android as it doesn't meet my requirements. I will stick with my Z30 as long as it works for me.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    02-07-16 08:55 AM
    I wish we had a choice and had the Priv be loaded with either android or BB10. Then we would have the choice of which OS we want.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 09:11 AM
    I'm a fan of BlackBerry....but Love and Loyalty can't win the game...

Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 10:15 AM
    I agree with OP. I tried the Priv and even with the drawback that it is Android, it still isn't as productive as a communication device as BB10. I won't be upgrading to any BlackBerry Android as it doesn't meet my requirements. I will stick with my Z30 as long as it works for me.
    I guess u r just one old fashioned dude who's deeply in Love with BB10

Posted via CB10
    NinerJet9 likes this.
    02-07-16 10:17 AM
    I have been a faithful BlackBerry user for a long time. As a small business owner I have been forced to carry two devices while working do to the lack of basic business apps ( tried the Snap and Amazon) work around with my passport and it still didn't fill the void of business apps.
    02-07-16 10:40 AM
33 12