Hi, I just switched over from Z30 recently to BB PRIV. The new device seems to work better with android apps, but there are a few issues that are quite annoying like pdf and mp3 files incompatibility with android apps. Most imported pdf files from bb10 no longer with android pdf apps. None of mp3 files can be played. SD card was formated as portable storage. Does anybody experience the same issues. Your help is very much appreciated.
    01-08-17 09:04 AM
    I came over from a Z30. My PDF's are OK & they are in the PDF folder. My music did transfer over but the music player sucks. I need to find a player that was like the Z30. I'm not liking all this cloud stuff.
    01-08-17 09:34 AM
    Hi, I just switched over from Z30 recently to BB PRIV. The new device seems to work better with android apps, but there are a few issues that are quite annoying like pdf and mp3 files incompatibility with android apps. Most imported pdf files from bb10 no longer with android pdf apps. None of mp3 files can be played. SD card was formated as portable storage. Does anybody experience the same issues. Your help is very much appreciated.
    You might want to investigate another app to open PDF files. I'm not sure what handles them if you have not added another viewer. But another question - what created them or how did you get them? I've not had any issues and moved a lot of pdf files over from my Z30 and I still copy them (after using Cute-PDF as my "Printer"). I move recipes and hiking instructions by printing to cute-pdf.
    01-08-17 10:51 AM
    I came over from a Z30. My PDF's are OK & they are in the PDF folder. My music did transfer over but the music player sucks. I need to find a player that was like the Z30. I'm not liking all this cloud stuff.
    What cloud stuff? None of my documents, photos, or music are in the cloud, except a few I chose to save in OneDrive.
    01-08-17 11:33 AM
    You didn't encrypt the SD by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-17 11:36 AM
    Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader? If not, try using it. I find it to be the best pdf viewer/editor.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-08-17 01:26 PM
    Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader? If not, try using it. I find it to be the best pdf viewer/editor.
    This!!!
    01-08-17 05:40 PM
    Thankyou all for your suggestions. I have tried so many pdf reader / reviewer apps, including adobe Acrobat Reader, only PDF viewer could work with a few files, the rest did not work at all. These pdf files all worked fine in my bbz30 with native pdf reader, which were downloaded into pc and copied into SD.

I' ll try copy from the original source from pc instead. I'll also try to reload them back into pc to see if they were encrypted by z30 undeliberately. Quite frustrating.
    01-08-17 08:57 PM
    Having used BlackBerry phones exclusively since 2008, and having got my priv only last Thursday, I hadn't realised that 'standard' stuff like adobe reader wouldn't be auto included.

What else have I taken for granted? (And don't realise hasn't been included ....)
    01-09-17 07:41 AM
    Having used BlackBerry phones exclusively since 2008, and having got my priv only last Thursday, I hadn't realised that 'standard' stuff like adobe reader wouldn't be auto included.

What else have I taken for granted? (And don't realise hasn't been included ....)
    Not much is "included". That's what apps are for. Millions and millions of apps.
    01-09-17 09:15 AM