So I'm a newbie to Android, but with Priv now on week 2, it's working out... OK... I can clearly see where BB10 runs circles around Android as far as being a user friendly OS. I miss the Remember app and the way I could just type 'reminder' on the keyboard w/o needing to open the app, and it would pop up and send me right in to composing and adding to calender. Hub in BB10 is way more advanced, but I don't think anyone who hasn't used BB10 before would ever know this.

BB10 makes sense. It has a learning curve, but once up to speed, it feels much more fluid and intuitive, in nearly every way, than Android does. I find myself never quite knowing where to go on Android OS, and things seem oddly disconnected.

I miss open apps being on a fluid screen. Swipe and there they are. Swipe and they are gone. Email flawless on BB10. Seems clunky, for lack of a better term, on Android.

I'll stick with Priv for one big reason that cancels out the rest- the Apps. I can now easily use all work apps my company uses and can use all personal apps I wanted to use, but couldn't smoothly, or at all, on BB10. That's the deal breaker there.

Seems too late now, but I think if more people were using BB10, it would have been a far more formidable OS. Too bad BlackBerry didn't put marketing muscle behind BB10, instead of letting it suffer in obscurity like they did.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    andy957 likes this.
    12-03-15 09:32 AM
    you can type "reminder" into the google search bar and it does the same as you describe from what i can tell

Anyway I think bb10 and android cause accomplish the same things in about the same time once you know each OS well enough. Swipe up to get to running apps on bb10 or tap a button on android. you can swipe into the hub with the same basic gesture on each OS as well. There will also be people that like bb10 better and they have good reasons as well. No harm in that.
    12-03-15 09:58 AM
    BB10 with similar app availability as Android or iOS would simply wipe the competition. Yes they are all very good and get the job done, but:
    Android requires 'work' and 'time' to maintain and optimise for each user. Time many of us just don't have.
    IOS for some strange reason will not evolve to simplicity (for daily work/life) and is just too consumer focused.
    Both above require too many additional "apps" to just work. And by work I mean handle all everyday needs, not wants, efficiently (especially with data/security), consistently, simply, privately and securely.
    BB10 just works out of the box. It is effortless. Just gets it done. Set up your BlackBerry ID, create your email accounts and away you go. Done. BlackBerry no longer has the music, media, gaming ecosystem it started with. Had that evolved, I can't imagine what a wonderful world we would be in today.
    Life will go on. Here's hoping that Blackberry in fact will make Android work. Give them some time. If they can develop the BB10 concept within Android and make available to all (even if at a reasonable price), that would make things right again. Perhaps that's the plan? Crazy like a fox ?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 and gebco like this.
    12-03-15 11:15 AM
    BB10 with similar app availability as Android or iOS would simply wipe the competition. Yes they are all very good and get the job done, but:
    Android requires 'work' and 'time' to maintain and optimise for each user. Time many of us just don't have.
    IOS for some strange reason will not evolve to simplicity (for daily work/life) and is just too consumer focused.
    Both above require too many additional "apps" to just work. And by work I mean handle all everyday needs, not wants, efficiently (especially with data/security), consistently, simply, privately and securely.
    BB10 just works out of the box. It is effortless. Just gets it done. Set up your BlackBerry ID, create your email accounts and away you go. Done. BlackBerry no longer has the music, media, gaming ecosystem it started with. Had that evolved, I can't imagine what a wonderful world we would be in today.
    Life will go on. Here's hoping that Blackberry in fact will make Android work. Give them some time. If they can develop the BB10 concept within Android and make available to all (even if at a reasonable price), that would make things right again. Perhaps that's the plan? Crazy like a fox ?

Posted via CB10

Unicorns
    12-03-15 12:57 PM
    you can type "reminder" into the google search bar and it does the same as you describe from what i can tell

Anyway I think bb10 and android cause accomplish the same things in about the same time once you know each OS well enough. Swipe up to get to running apps on bb10 or tap a button on android. you can swipe into the hub with the same basic gesture on each OS as well. There will also be people that like bb10 better and they have good reasons as well. No harm in that.
    Where does that reminder then show up?

12-03-15 03:21 PM
    Where does that reminder then show up?

its shows up in the google now portion for me. you might be able to set it up for calendar as well even
    12-03-15 04:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    iOS and Android can both do things out of the box that BB10 cannot. It's pure fantasy to think that out of the box that BB10 is superior. Only here in Crackberry Land.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    12-03-15 06:24 PM
    iOS and Android can both do things out of the box that BB10 cannot. It's pure fantasy to think that out of the box that BB10 is superior. Only here in Crackberry Land.
    Like what?
    Every thread seems to bring out negativity with you. Relax man you're gonna get an ulcer.

12-03-15 06:33 PM
    Without installing any apps? Like what?

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 06:37 PM
    Hopefully BlackBerry will bring the peek feature of BlackBerry Hub to BlackBerry Android. Since BlackBerry Android is a �nix-like operating system based on the Linux kernel it should be possible to add a user environment (desktop environment on the personal computer) bringing the familiarity of BlackBerry OS 10 user experience to BlackBerry Android. Are you listening BlackBerry development team?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 06:47 PM
    Like what?
    Every thread seems to bring out negativity with you. Relax man you're gonna get an ulcer.

Off the top of my head Printing, blocking calls to name a couple.
    12-03-15 08:09 PM
    True this is, indeed, but I personally have never really needed to block any calls, so didn't even notice that. Do you have to block so many callers that this is a deal breaker? Just curious...

12-03-15 08:14 PM
    Okay fair enough. Now finding those files on your phone to print right of the box is a whole other story now isn't it.

12-03-15 08:18 PM
    Okay fair enough. Now finding those files on your phone to print right of the box is a whole other story now isn't it.

Not at all. You can store all of your documents in one place (yes you have to download an app to do it). Not arguing with you but the perception that BB10 can do all of this stuff out of the box that the other OS's can't is a tired argument. They all have different things that need to be added to make them complete. Emoji's? And don't give me the argument that emoji's are childish because...stickers. I don't use emojis but there is a lot of people that do - not out of the box on BB10.
    12-03-15 08:43 PM
    True this is, indeed, but I personally have never really needed to block any calls, so didn't even notice that. Do you have to block so many callers that this is a deal breaker? Just curious...

Not at all, but I've used it plenty with telemarketers and a few ex's that I've wanted to escape from. I also don't have the need to use BBM screen share regularly, but it's still nice to have.
    12-03-15 08:46 PM
    Not at all. You can store all of your documents in one place (yes you have to download an app to do it). Not arguing with you but the perception that BB10 can do all of this stuff out of the box that the other OS's can't is a tired argument. They all have different things that need to be added to make them complete. Emoji's? And don't give me the argument that emoji's are childish because...stickers. I don't use emojis but there is a lot of people that do - not out of the box on BB10.
    You can store your files but need an app? You were talking about out of the box and i gave you an example just as you are giving examples.

12-03-15 09:04 PM
    You can store your files but need an app? You were talking about out of the box and i gave you an example just as you are giving examples.

Technically you can save them out of the box because iLife comes preinstalled on the phone, its just not the way I choose to save them on an iPhone if I'm using one. BB10's way is better I won't argue that but it is still something that can be done on an iPhone "out of the box."
    12-03-15 09:14 PM
    Unicorns
    Lol. Best post I've read in a while.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-15 10:33 PM

I have over a 100 specific numbers on my block list, and my win phone is set up to block all withheld numbers by default. That functionality is out of the box on WinPhone.

Dealbreaking?, no. But my phone silently ignores at least 2 time-wasting spam calls for me per day. Which is great!

Do you not get spam calls where you live?
    12-04-15 03:04 AM