After 7 month with the BlackBerry Priv I have to say BB10 for ever!
    I am now back on my Q10 and I love it!
    The Priv:
    - Keyboard not even close to as good as on the Q10
    - Hardware is an annoyance (sqeeking back, clicking display)
    - constantly overheating
    - battery drain
    - sluggish Android
    - Hub nowhere as good as on Q10

There is a Priv for sale here...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-16 03:41 PM
    well, BB10 until your Q10 craps out. Then you won't have any other BB choices with BB10 on a new device.....
    07-29-16 03:44 PM
    The Priv:
    - constantly overheating
    - battery drain
    - sluggish Android

Posted via CB10
    I must say that while I agree with the love for the BlackBerry OS, I went from the Passport to the Priv and love the Priv. The device is high quality without any of the issues you've mentioned. The OS is a little worse, often with one extra step, but I've made it work and look much like the BlackBerry OS. I also now have apps that actually function as intended. And I have a lot of options, including a beautiful screen in which I use both pkb and vkb. All in all, the Priv is better than the Passport overall. Imo.

via Priv
    07-29-16 03:57 PM
    The Priv:
    - constantly overheating
    - battery drain
    - sluggish Android

Posted via CB10
    After months on Passport SE got a PRIV have to say what a great device the PRIV is!
    The Priv:
    -amazing screen
    -finally I know how long in time battery will be full on the edge!
    -physical keyboard is smooth and as touch sensitive..functions better than Passport
    -finally can load any app and guess what they all work! No more worries on run time
    -battery getting 30 plus hours above passport
    -get constant updates...and that is customer support
    -can control permissions of apps ALL of them
    -whatsapp and facebook! Wow they work and have support in 2017 the best : that do not I repeat do not have to pay for Facebook!
    -HUB does its job and getting updated

PRIV and amplified Android has come and is the future.

There is Future here there is PRIV here...

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    07-29-16 04:24 PM
    After using the Priv since January, I can honestly say that the OS is much better than BB10. Especially after the constant stream of updates.

The Priv is faster and smoother than the Passport I came from.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    07-29-16 08:59 PM
    07-29-16 09:07 PM
    After using the Priv since January, I can honestly say that the OS is much better than BB10. Especially after the constant stream of updates.

The Priv is faster and smoother than the Passport I came from.

I've still got a Q10 and a Classic tucked away in my desk (and an original Z10...sigh) but IMHO the Priv beats them all for the simple reason of broader compatibility and the fact that anything I want to do with my phone, I can find an app that runs natively.

I recently added a Moto 360 to the mix and it just makes the experience that much better for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the Classic form factor, and if or when an Android version of something like that comes out I'm likely jumping to it...but frankly I don't miss BB10.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-29-16 09:11 PM
    Sorry to hear about your downgrade.

*A3-A20
    07-29-16 09:13 PM
    I must admit I do miss the BB10 OS a lot! I guess thats what sets it apart from other phones. The priv keyboard isn't as great as the passport. But after upgrading the OS to marshmallow on it it has fixed the heating issue as well as the battery. Oh and the hub isn't as good as it is on BB10.

Posted via PRIV
    07-29-16 09:38 PM
    If all things "Apps" were equal, I too would prefer BlackBerry 10. Unfortunately all things are not equal, and BlackBerry has done a decent job of making the Android experience more tolerable.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    07-29-16 09:57 PM
    No regret coming from Passport SE. Just need some adjustment. Priv is a great device.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-30-16 05:34 AM
    The Priv:
    - constantly overheating
    - battery drain
    - sluggish Android

Posted via CB10
    I have to say that I have a similar experience, unfortunatelly. PRIV is a great device, but not exactly what I was looking for. Back to Q10. Posted about it in a separate thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1079741
    You are not the only person that didn't like PRIV or Android, if that somehow helps.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-16 09:35 AM
    I have a Priv and a Passport.

Both are in great condition. I could use whichever I choose.

I choose the Priv.

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    Jane23 likes this.
    07-30-16 12:03 PM
    The Priv:
    - constantly overheating
    - battery drain
    - sluggish Android

Posted via CB10
    Are you on Verizon or something? This issues about heat, battery etc are non existent on Marshmallow.

07-30-16 12:23 PM
    Are you on Verizon or something? This issues about heat, battery etc are non existent on Marshmallow.

I think that's an incorrect statement to make. I have a factory unlocked version on Rogers running MM and I have tons of heat issues. The Priv heats up while doing simple tasks - email etc, to a point where it seems that everything runs so much slower. Luckily, I'm still within my return period and Amazon is sending me a replacement (I'm hoping it's a hardware issue).
    07-30-16 12:30 PM
    The Priv:
    - constantly overheating
    - battery drain
    - sluggish Android

Posted via CB10
    Factory unlocked? How much?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    07-30-16 12:46 PM
    I think that's an incorrect statement to make. I have a factory unlocked version on Rogers running MM and I have tons of heat issues. The Priv heats up while doing simple tasks - email etc, to a point where it seems that everything runs so much slower. Luckily, I'm still within my return period and Amazon is sending me a replacement (I'm hoping it's a hardware issue).
    Well I've had the device since launch and sure on the original launch version of lollipop there was some heat issus but ever since the first update, I have yet to have any heat or lag. So I would say your assessment is incorrect and maybe there are some apps causing your problem.

07-30-16 04:13 PM
    well, BB10 until your Q10 craps out. Then you won't have any other BB choices with BB10 on a new device.....
    SHOCKING!
    07-30-16 04:51 PM
    BB10 4 a while
    werkregen and Uzi like this.
    07-30-16 06:33 PM
    The Q10 may have been released 3 years ago, but it still remains a solid phone. Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Bratza likes this.
    07-30-16 07:31 PM
    The Priv:
    - constantly overheating
    - battery drain
    - sluggish Android

Posted via CB10
    You should get "BB10 4EVA" tattoo'd on your forehead. Prove your undying love for something headed for the dinosaurs, at least for the consumer market. I love BB10 but its dead and dead.
    07-30-16 09:54 PM

I don't have a problem with any of that on Verizon. Seems like thr GSM models were the ones that had the most trouble with that

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    07-30-16 10:05 PM
    I don't have a problem with any of that on Verizon. Seems like thr GSM models were the ones that had the most trouble with that

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    Wasn't saying Verizon specifically but they seem to be the only carrier that hasn't pushed Marshmallow which has fixed many issues for people.

07-30-16 10:32 PM
    I use my Priv as much as my Q10. I prefer the Q10 for business, but multimedia, my Priv takes the cake. I wish BlackBerry could have kept up with the Android Runtime for BB10 devices. Honestly, I felt that was the best compromise. But then again, I haven't seen anyone drool over my BlackBerry, like people have done over my Priv, in a decade. Unfortunately, the response I receive after that is: 'I didn't know BlackBerry was still in business.'

Glad I don't mind marching to the beat of a different drummer. If another BB10 device with keyboard is dropped (slider would be awesome), I'll be on it like white on rice. Wish it had been a Priv variant...but such is life.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-16 01:04 AM
    I use my Priv as much as my Q10. I prefer the Q10 for business, but multimedia, my Priv takes the cake. I wish BlackBerry could have kept up with the Android Runtime for BB10 devices. Honestly, I felt that was the best compromise. But then again, I haven't seen anyone drool over my BlackBerry, like people have done over my Priv, in a decade. Unfortunately, the response I receive after that is: 'I didn't know BlackBerry was still in business.'

Glad I don't mind marching to the beat of a different drummer. If another BB10 device with keyboard is dropped (slider would be awesome), I'll be on it like white on rice. Wish it had been a Priv variant...but such is life.

Posted via CB10
    Your comment reflects what I have been saying for a long time, you can't sell it if no one knows you make phones................
    FF22 likes this.
    07-31-16 07:03 AM
70 123