I was against moving parts in a phone and hence, did not like the priv. But after playing around with a friend's device, I took it off him for a reasonable price. Now I know why I don't like moving parts. The materials are top quality, but the assembly is horrendous, you all know about screen, back noises and on and on...
    Anyway. I have had it for a few days and I was reasonably happy with it. I configured it to my liking, I miss BB10 but I am sort of ok with Android and the phone is snappy, the hub is just ok but useful enough and might get better, the screen is beautiful, apps run smooth and I was getting a brilliant battery life with occasional overheating depending on the use (do not try to cast a streaming video to your chromecast without wearing protection).
    This morning, while reading the papers on my Priv and streaming radio, which I normally do, the phone went insanely hot! I closed all apps to no avail. It was getting worse and the battery went to a 85% from full charge in no time.
    I went to apps in use and checked, among others, Blackberry Services, three of them were open and running different processes which I thought were business as usual. Even though I do not know much about them I had seen them all before until I opened one that was running a process called something like "Telemetry Service" (?), I can't recall the name properly as I uninstalled BB services, installed them back on and I have not seen that service/process running again.
    What process/service is that? Any of you smart guys know anything about this? I opted out the BB collecting data at set up. Any clue?
    02-03-16 05:55 AM
    Hhm hope it's not a calling home service. Have you seen this process in UI e.g. Settings-apps or in console like top or ps?

Have found this on console:

@venice:/ $ top | grep 'tele'
    12840 0 0% S 25 2175028K 25424K fg u0_a102 com.blackberry.infrastructure:telemetry
    27851 1 0% S 15 2101392K 26192K bg system com.qualcomm.telephony
    02-03-16 08:13 AM
    BB Telemetry services (wtf) collecting data, overheating and draining Priv?-screenshot_2016-02-03-23-30-25.jpg
    Got it again, it seems to have been running for a while though, and my battery has been fine after I reinstalled BlackBerry services this morning.
    02-03-16 05:35 PM
    Does anybody know what this service is about? Thanks!
    02-04-16 02:28 PM