hi, guys.
    Notifications and alarms work fine.but media volume not when headphone plugged in. I can't increase media volume more than 50%. I tried different headphones and result is same. I updated my os from Android 5 to 6.0.1 but I'm not sure that causes issue because I remember that volume was OK and increased to 100% once after the update.I checked all web and phone setting itself for a solution but I found nothing.
    should I wait for next update or any way to fix that?
    07-23-17 04:05 PM
    hi, guys.
    Notifications and alarms work fine.but media volume not when headphone plugged in. I can't increase media volume more than 50%. I tried different headphones and result is same. I updated my os from Android 5 to 6.0.1 but I'm not sure that causes issue because I remember that volume was OK and increased to 100% once after the update.I checked all web and phone setting itself for a solution but I found nothing.
    should I wait for next update or any way to fix that?
    This is what I captured so when it says "I" or "me" it is referring to the person who posted the solution.

Headphone volume

First my usual warning. Turning the volume up to overcome certain other loud background noise (lawn mower, jet engine) or anything else very loud can permanently damage hearing and the listener won't know it. It does not take much to do the damage.

With that:

Okay, I have no idea what has caused this but found a solution. Over the last couple of days, a couple apps had given me the screen overlay message. So that prompted me to look in this area. What worked for me:

1) Go to settings, Apps
    2) Click the settings wheel in the top right corner
    3) At the next screen, click Draw Over Other Apps
    4) Click the three dots in the top right corner and click Show System
    5) Then scroll down the app list and find SystemUi and toggle to Yes

This fixed it for me as when my headphones are plugged in and I increase the volume, the warning prompt comes up and I can turn it up louder.
    Hi 2 likes this.
    07-23-17 04:25 PM
    Thank you very much your method did really work well with me you're the best
    07-03-18 04:42 PM