My favourite phone of all time is the Blackberry Passport without a question. There was a great deal for the BB Priv at a bell store near me, the owner wanted to unload the last one and made him an offer so I bought it.

Things I really Like about the Priv:
    - Finally no more messing around apps.. This was my main frustration on Passport , not all the Android apps worked great on a square screen.
    - Screen is really excellent.. Clear & Bright and sharp. Missed having the 16:9 format screen for movies and photos.. I do miss the BB Passport width for reading emails. Not everything fits across, but you do get more on the bottom.

- Camera is really good, especially since I updated all the Software on it with the latest from BB.

- The phone is super snappy like the passport, no slow downs at all. I remember the first day it was released, I tried one in the store and I found it a bit laggy. I guess with the latest software they fixed this.

- It has not been to difficult for me to figure things out because I have android tablet so, I was somewhat familiar with it. The android OS overall is not as good as the BB 10, but it has some nice features.. The app makes up for the difference.

- The HUB is better than I thought it would be, handles all my messages fine, but not as good as BB10.. But a great start. This was the only reason I Bought the priv was because of the Hub.. I can't live without it.

- Battery life for me has been as good as the Passport.. So far no issues. . Does take forever to charge.

Things I hate about Priv/Android

- I hate that I can't sync with outlook with a USB cable easily. Tried 10 different programs and have not found one I liked.. This is very important to me, because I have 1200 contacts on outlook and I update it on my PC regularly. BB needs to create a Link for Android. This reminded me when I first got the BB Z10, there was no support for Outlook sync in the beginning. I will not sync over cloud.. So not an option for me.

- The hub is good , but not great, I hate the look of the SMS messenger, I wish bb would incorporate their professional looking messenger in it. Also needs a little bit more work to improve, look forward to the next OS and Hub Update

- File Browser , we need one from Blackberry.. Android apps suck.

- The Overall Android Experience takes time to get use to it, not as intuitive as BB 10.. I think bb should incorporate a lot of OS 10 on android in future releases.

- speakers on the priv is sub par compared to z30 or the passport. Expected more from priv.

- Front camera.. why not put in something decent..
    Its only 24 hours so far, but I will find more things about the Phone and the OS.
    Last edited by ArsenG; 01-30-16 at 08:08 AM.
    01-29-16 06:37 PM
    A good review and you touched on some good points. Thanks for posting your feedback.
    ArsenG and FF22 like this.
    01-29-16 06:43 PM
    Get a Quick charger or a PB charger or the charger for your tablet (if it is rated at higher output Amp).
    My Priv charges in a few hours with e PB charger and can get from low to 60% or so in like 30 minutes or something like that.
    FF22 and ArsenG like this.
    01-29-16 06:52 PM
    I use solid explorer for my file manager. I actually like it better than the BB10 file manager for two reasons. First, and most importantly, it accesses Dropbox way way faster. Two, in landscape mode I can open two windows and drag and drop files.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-29-16 07:09 PM
    Glad to see a positive review from a Passport user.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    anon(5061193) and ArsenG like this.
    01-29-16 07:28 PM
    Is there anyway to filter unread emails?
    01-29-16 11:52 PM
    It's 2016, cloud sync is the way to go. Try the funambol sync app
    01-30-16 12:32 AM
    Yes, at the top, click on the BlackBerry Hub text that has a little arrow pointing down (by the overflow menu on the top left). It will pop a menu and you can choose unread. It will then, we'll, show only unread items.

Also, BlackBerry confirmed, if I am not mistaken, that they are working on bringing pinch to filter. I think they confirmed it at the Leddit Q&A, and then also on twitter.
    ArsenG likes this.
    01-30-16 12:44 AM

- The HUB is better than I thought it would be, handles all my messages fine, but not as good as BB10.. But a great start. This was the only reason I Bought the priv was because of the Hub.. I can't live without it.
    Exactly how I feel. I think it is pretty good and improving all the time.

I'd also add that the physical keyboard is better than I was expecting too.
    01-30-16 04:22 AM
    OP I wonder what you think about typing on the Priv vs the PP.
    I have the PP SE and the Priv and will probably keep the PP, as I find typing so much more convenient and satisfying on it. I think this is not due to the more cramped KB on the Priv, but the much flatter and comparably mushy keys (in particular the Priv's space key!), and also the implementation of the touch KB which imho sucks on the Priv compared to the SE.
    01-30-16 06:00 AM
    I have a Z30 and I'm curious if anyone has found a decent BlackBerry blend work around as I use my Blend a lot and would really miss it. I use Blend to handle personal email, BBM messages ( including group chats) and SMS all without picking up my phone. It's so nice to be working at my desk, and seamlessly respond and get back to work. It is such an efficient work flow I really don't want to give it up.

I also really find it useful to attach files from my computer to emails going out via Blend.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-16 06:57 AM
    Which Version of Solid Explorer did you get, I see several..
    From BB Passport to Priv 24 hours of Use  - My Impressions-screenshot_2016-01-30-09-00-02.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-16 08:01 AM
    Without a question the PP is amazing to type on, I can type 10x faster. The keyboard on the priv reminds me of my old tourch. I am getting use to it.. For short emails or text I use the screen keyboard which is very good and quick (loved it on my Z30). The keyboard on the priv is tight.. but after a while your fingers somehow get used to it. The ultimate phone is a New BB Passport that is wide and tall (16:9) with the keyboard .
    01-30-16 08:06 AM
    I have a Z30 and I'm curious if anyone has found a decent BlackBerry blend work around as I use my Blend a lot and would really miss it. I use Blend to handle personal email, BBM messages ( including group chats) and SMS all without picking up my phone. It's so nice to be working at my desk, and seamlessly respond and get back to work. It is such an efficient work flow I really don't want to give it up.

I also really find it useful to attach files from my computer to emails going out via Blend.

Posted via CB10
    You seriously need to look into Mighty Text if you want to sms from your desktop. It's quite a beast.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-30-16 08:08 AM
    Which Version of Solid Explorer did you get, I see several..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-30-09-00-02.jpg 
Views:	905 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	389526
    The first one is the new version. If you read the description on the Classic version it starts with this: This is the old version of Solid Explorer. For better user experience and bigger set of features, head to the new version page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...solidexplorer2

I've seen developers do this in the past when they update their app to a new design language and people b*tch that they want the old version back.
    01-30-16 08:14 AM
    Thanks Man,

Its actually very nice.. has similar functions as BB file manager..
    jm1219 likes this.
    01-30-16 08:38 AM
    I use solid explorer for my file manager. I actually like it better than the BB10 file manager for two reasons. First, and most importantly, it accesses Dropbox way way faster. Two, in landscape mode I can open two windows and drag and drop files.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    Really liked your review. Hit both sides of the equation. I've only played with one in an AT&T store and the Android befuddled me and, of course, without a SETUP, it was hard to really test the HUB.

Sorry to take this slightly sideways - I see there are various IN-APP purchases. What is what?

edited to add: I see you identified the version. Of course, I'm slightly put off (okay, more than slightly) by the Permissions it seeks (Samsung Tab S). Identity. Device ID and Call Info. Those were the things that I was not concerned about on BB10. Really, why would it need some of that stuff?
    heading4tomorrow and ArsenG like this.
    01-30-16 05:51 PM
    Great review. Questions - how much worse are the speakers compared to the Passport? The Passport speakers are terrific!
    And, I love being able to pinch to zoom emails and have it reflow perfectly on the screen. Can I do this on the Priv emails?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-16 11:34 PM
    That's a great review. I dread having the make the transition to android or iOS (eventually) but will hold off as long as I'm able.
    01-31-16 12:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    AirDroid!

01-31-16 01:22 PM
    Great review. Questions - how much worse are the speakers compared to the Passport? The Passport speakers are terrific!
    And, I love being able to pinch to zoom emails and have it reflow perfectly on the screen. Can I do this on the Priv emails?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    The speakers are OK, but not loud, hands free calling in a busy place is hard to hear

Last edited by ArsenG; 01-31-16 at 05:42 PM.
    01-31-16 03:40 PM
    Just got my SE Passport out of retirement and wow the Priv speakers are nowhere near the same quality or loudness, having said that, the speaker sound is good and acceptable! Man I really love my passport ,and the OS!hmmmm!!!!

Posted via CB10
    will308 likes this.
    01-31-16 03:56 PM
    My favourite phone of all time is the Blackberry Passport without a question. There was a great deal for the BB Priv at a bell store near me, the owner wanted to unload the last one and made him an offer so I bought it.
    Do you mind Me asking how much you paid for the Priv? Did you buy it outright? I personally think it's overpriced right now.

Thanks
    01-31-16 04:37 PM
    Do you mind Me asking how much you paid for the Priv? Did you buy it outright? I personally think it's overpriced right now.

Thanks
    I paid $199 cdn with a 2 year contract.. Normally $399 with 2 year contract or $799 if you buy it out right at bell
    01-31-16 05:44 PM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Pinch and zoom doen't work in the current version, I heard they will incorporate it in the future version. But you can select unread emails.. There are some nice features in Priv/android that I am starting to find and like.

After a couple of days,, really like the phone. I just hope blackberry continues to improve the OS with their special tricks. Really makes Android a better OS with Blackberry touch.
    01-31-16 05:47 PM
35 12