There hasn't been a lot of mention whether BBLINK will be compatible with the new upcoming PRIV. Outlook sync is really important for me for my contacts and especially the calendar. Does anyone know whether it will be compatible or whether a new version will launch to be able to sync. !?
    Tim-ANC and zephyr613 like this.
    09-29-15 01:42 PM
    I haven't seen any information about this. BlackBerry would at least have to create a new set of Windows and Mac drivers to connect to the Android Priv, plus maybe some changes to Link to accommodate the Android OS.
    09-29-15 02:13 PM
    Good point. I was wondering this too. How would device switch work? Will it set up the hub items? Will the ported android apps convert to full droid apps? Will I have to pay again for ported apps I own already? Will my built for blackberry apps work? If we have to pay for all our current apps again or lose some altogether, this will certainly torque the BB faithful.
    10-01-15 06:07 AM
    As well as BlackBerry link does anyone know if we will be able to use blend

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:12 AM
    Yeah, BlackBerry should announce something soon about both Link and Blend.

No doubt both programs would need a major update to access the android information and file system on the Priv.

Even if they have to be separate programs from the BB10 versions, it would at least be nice to know what the plan is.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 10:14 AM
    Link and Blend will be replaced by this for the PRIV:

https://www.google.com/sync/index.html
    10-01-15 11:01 AM
    Link and Blend will be replaced by this for the PRIV:

https://www.google.com/sync/index.html
    Link and Blend do much more than Google Sync.
    10-01-15 01:47 PM
    Good point. I was wondering this too. How would device switch work? Will it set up the hub items? Will the ported android apps convert to full droid apps? Will I have to pay again for ported apps I own already? Will my built for blackberry apps work? If we have to pay for all our current apps again or lose some altogether, this will certainly torque the BB faithful.
    If I can't sync contacts and calendar to be specific, that would be a hug deal breaker. But hoping for link and blend to be launched to be compatible.i'm hopeful!!!

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    10-01-15 02:59 PM
    Link and Blend do much more than Google Sync.
    My point is that I take BlackBerry at its word when it says this will be a Android phone. To me, that means no Link and no Blend.
    10-01-15 03:31 PM
    I think Blend was listed as one of the BlackBerry Experience or BlackBerry Suite apps for Android. Also, device switch works for switching from another OS to BlackBerry 10 so hopefully they can do the reverse when it comes to switching to the Priv.

BlackBerry should announce more information about this when the Priv is officially launched for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC, bigjman and allanbank like this.
    10-01-15 03:47 PM
    My point is that I take BlackBerry at its word when it says this will be a Android phone. To me, that means no Link and no Blend.
    BlackBerry says it that the Priv is a BlackBerry powered by Android. It comes with the BlackBerry Experience Productivity Suite. I expect to see Link, Blend, BBM, and other BlackBerry apps.
    10-01-15 04:54 PM
    I think Blend was listed as one of the BlackBerry Experience or BlackBerry Suite apps for Android. Also, device switch works for switching from another OS to BlackBerry 10 so hopefully they can do the reverse when it comes to switching to the Priv.

BlackBerry should announce more information about this when the Priv is officially launched for sure.

Posted via CB10
    God I hope so. Blend has been great for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 06:18 AM
    The lack of sync with Outlook contacts and calendar really makes me nervous so at this point I most likely will not get the PRIV and either get the SE Passport or wait for an actual bbos10 slider.

MS Outlook sync helps me to maintain some order in my very busy work/personal schedule on my PC and BlackBerry device. Tasks and notes I side sync with a third party app and not that much of a priority. I really hope there is more info about this soon as there's been zero mention about synchronization. Twice burned once shy. Synchronizing outlook with android devices is the most problematic and the drivers don't always work from PC to device so this for me is a huge concern especially now with windows 10.

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    DonZ10 likes this.
    10-05-15 08:13 AM
    What about Blend?
    10-05-15 09:03 AM