wonder what's new in the launcher... i was hoping right swipe from left edge to get to the hub but not luck, but maybe there are some new tricks hidden... if you find something please share... thanks!
    05-26-16 03:21 PM
    Yeah some release notes would be good....
    05-26-16 03:24 PM
    My Google Now Widget is working again, let's see if that lasts. It hasn't lately.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-26-16 03:30 PM
    wonder what's new in the launcher... i was hoping right swipe from left edge to get to the hub but not luck, but maybe there are some new tricks hidden... if you find something please share... thanks!
    that movement to swipe and go the the HUB as you had in BB10 probably won't ever exist. I even doubt Android itself would allow for that kind of deep customization
    05-26-16 03:35 PM
    TBH i hope to see it implemented because it's possible to assign that swipe to a particular app in other launchers, action 3 for instance... for that reason i hope that one day that particular swipe, or any for that matter, can be customized...

that movement to swipe and go the the HUB as you had in BB10 probably won't ever exist. I even doubt Android itself would allow for that kind of deep customization
    Last edited by gallopiton; 05-26-16 at 04:05 PM.
    05-26-16 03:42 PM
    If they get that right, the hub to the left swipe, I think thats just flawless, still hoping they bring the pinch thing back, I don't like clicking and then going to unread, pinch was brilliant.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-26-16 04:01 PM
    I'm not so sure about your statement. Android launcher are just apps. If BlackBerry designs a launcher to mimic the Hub, it would work just fine.
    Nick Spagnolo and jberb1984 like this.
    05-26-16 04:01 PM
    yup, i agree, pinch to unread was genius... hopefully both get ported to android...

If they get that right, the hub to the left swipe, I think thats just flawless, still hoping they bring the pinch thing back, I don't like clicking and then going to unread, pinch was brilliant.
    05-26-16 04:04 PM
    yup, i agree, pinch to unread was genius... hopefully both get ported to android...
    As good as that was, I was constantly having to change it from pinch to see unread, and pinch to see flagged.

The nice thing about the Priv Hub is that you can filter by MANY criteria with a quick drop down menu. I also use swipe right to toggle read status and swipe left to toggle flagged status - which I find less prone to error than BB10 triage.
    05-26-16 04:24 PM
    true, good point...

As good as that was, I was constantly having to change it from pinch to see unread, and pinch to see flagged.

The nice thing about the Priv Hub is that you can filter by MANY criteria with a quick drop down menu. I also use swipe right to toggle read status and swipe left to toggle flagged status - which I find less prone to error than BB10 triage.
    05-26-16 04:38 PM
    I'm not so sure about your statement. Android launcher are just apps. If BlackBerry designs a launcher to mimic the Hub, it would work just fine.
    Maybe you're right, I'm no expert, just said that because i've never seen a launcher do complex stuff as that.

Don't forget that Hub in BB10 works everywhere, even when you're inside an app, does the launcher is still active when apps are open?
    05-26-16 04:42 PM
    Android absolutely allows that. See HTC Blink Feed or Google Now. BlackBerry chooses not to do it. Dunno why.
    05-26-16 05:15 PM
    Maybe you're right, I'm no expert, just said that because i've never seen a launcher do complex stuff as that.

Don't forget that Hub in BB10 works everywhere, even when you're inside an app, does the launcher is still active when apps are open?
    Yeah but you can access hub by swiping up from anywhere or any app , just saying!

05-26-16 05:56 PM

This would be no different than the productivity tab which is available all the time.

If BlackBerry can use the other side for the Hub, this would be an amazing solution.

05-26-16 06:03 PM

Excellent point, however, a pinch filter would still be welcome, all else constant .

Also, I like having the quick delete in the bb10 hub, I know it's there with a swipe, but the trash can, bam!

05-26-16 08:21 PM
    Yeah but you can access hub by swiping up from anywhere or any app , just saying!

That's completely different.

Look, BlackBerry decided to make the Hub an APP. That means no left home screen integration into launcher. That's the downside.

The upside is that it gets timely GPS updates and you can use an alternate launcher.

This is the direction they've chosen. Right or wrong. They're not going to change.

Move on.
    05-27-16 06:09 AM
    That's completely different.

Look, BlackBerry decided to make the Hub an APP. That means no left home screen integration into launcher. That's the downside.

The upside is that it gets timely GPS updates and you can use an alternate launcher.

This is the direction they've chosen. Right or wrong. They're not going to change.

Move on.
    Which I think is a smart move.... many Android users have grown accustomed to different launchers, most that have many more features and capabilities than the BlackBerry launcher.

Android is about customization, and putting all the BlackBerry apps within the launcher would just limit what Android is built on.
    05-27-16 11:00 AM
    I think they should just a make a widget for the Hub that you can make full screen and park it to the left of your home.
    NightFire likes this.
    05-27-16 07:44 PM
    Although I update launcher yesterday but didn't notice improvements. If update logs are available, it better to understand.
    05-27-16 10:40 PM
    I think they should just a make a widget for the Hub that you can make full screen and park it to the left of your home.
    +1

My thoughts exactly!

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    07-01-16 12:32 PM
    Release notes for BlackBerry phones are probably handled by the marketing team... seeing as the are always non-existent

07-02-16 06:54 AM