I need some advice on tracking down how to figure out what has suddenly started to eat my battery. I have had the phone for a few weeks and have been getting great battery life (days) out of it. Please keep in mind I am a very simple user (email, text, phone, occasional web, etc.). Yesterday mid-afternoon I swapped my "work" email address out of the "Exchange" Gmail app and into the Hub (please keep in mind that Hub already manages my personal web email address). At the same time, I also downloaded Solid Explorer to finally manage my SD card. As a result of these two activities, from 4pm to 11pm my battery went from 98% down to about 10%, something that has NEVER happened before, not even when I first purchased the phone and downloaded all of my data/preferences.

How can I diagnose what has changed and what is killing my battery? I went into Settings -> Battery and found that "BB Services" had used 62% of my battery (that's never happened before), so I am assuming it is Hub that is suddenly draining the battery, but I do not know why this would suddenly happen and do not know how to see if it is continuing to happen or can be modified to not happen again.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.
    Jon
    12-29-15 08:22 AM
    its not solid explorer. I would reboot the phone and see if it happens again
    12-29-15 10:39 AM
    How many days worth of mail are you syncing for the account you moved and what type of account is it?
    12-29-15 10:48 AM
    it is an outlook 365 cloud account for work. I asked the phone for 30 days worth of inbox only email (I did not have it sync all of my folders).

I rebooted the phone and fully charged it today. seems to be a little better, but I have still loost 12% of battery across 5 hours with almost zero use (the phone is just sitting next to me while I am at my desk working on my laptop).

Thank you both for reading through and offering thoughts/ideas.
    12-29-15 02:40 PM
    12% over 5 hours isn't bad. I would take that lol
    12-29-15 02:45 PM
    Out of curiosity, have you updated all of your BlackBerry apps? If you haven't, you should. Because it fixes the battery drain of some people.
    12-29-15 02:56 PM
    it is an outlook 365 cloud account for work. I asked the phone for 30 days worth of inbox only email (I did not have it sync all of my folders).

I rebooted the phone and fully charged it today. seems to be a little better, but I have still loost 12% of battery across 5 hours with almost zero use (the phone is just sitting next to me while I am at my desk working on my laptop).

Thank you both for reading through and offering thoughts/ideas.
    That's looks normal to me , 2% lost approx for each hour should be considered fair enough.
    12-29-15 02:58 PM
    Maybe the reboot solved the issue and the phone has stabilized. Thank you all again for the input.
    12-29-15 03:28 PM