Do these type of apps actually work? I am using "Battery+" but I feel as though it isn't doing anything. It asked that I 'calibrate' my battery but the battery seems to decrease just as fast as not having any type of battery saver on the phone.

Thoughts?
    01-23-17 01:29 PM
    There might be a couple that actually work, but their benefit to battery life really isn't worth the battery life they consume. Most will corrupt the system.
    01-23-17 01:46 PM
    I've tried a few, and I have gotten mixed results.
    Battery HD Pro gets rave reviews on the Play Store.
    Personally, I use Battery Widget Reborn Pro, which I love.
    However, I find that even manually turning off unused services (bluetooth/wifi/sync) until I need them, turning down the screen brightness, "freezing" or uninstalling unused apps all help to increase batterly life.

If I won't have access to the device for an hour or more (for a meeting for example) I put the device in a low power state (Power Save).

Hope this helps.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-23-17 01:46 PM
    Do these type of apps actually work? I am using "Battery+" but I feel as though it isn't doing anything. It asked that I 'calibrate' my battery but the battery seems to decrease just as fast as not having any type of battery saver on the phone.

Thoughts?
    The short answer is no. All of these battery apps and task killers actually make things worse. I know some people swear by Greenify and similar apps, but it just doesn't make sense based on how Android is designed.

Another thing people think helps is closing apps. Another bad idea. I leave all my apps open, except those that are designed to run the in the background like Google Maps and Waze.

Just leave Android alone and your battery life will improve.

Have a read of this article.

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/closin...-things-worse/
    oldsoul123 and Mirko935 like this.
    01-23-17 06:01 PM
    Thank you guys for responding, I appreciate it. I have deleted the battery saver app I had on my phone I downloaded from Amazon.
    01-23-17 07:16 PM
    Never use battery saving apps. They all suck except if you root the phone (which BlackBerry can't)
    01-23-17 08:22 PM
    I use Greenify... but I don't use any of the hibernation features. I use it for the Agressive Doze and Doze on the Go features.
    01-23-17 11:01 PM
    I have tried a few including greenify. I found it helped with some things, I found certain apps would register over a few percent use when not used for days so I could stop that. But found by adding more to list it didn't make difference overall.

Android would just replace the Ram I free up with other apps that werent forced closed and barely used.

I still use "os monitor" to give me overview of what's going on. But I just check the memory section in settings now and then and check how much battery they using in background that doesn't register in battery one..

I found doing things manually is best
    Matt J and oldsoul123 like this.
    01-24-17 08:07 AM
    I find that they use more battery power than they save. I find the best thing to do is periodically clean app cache using settings, and restart the phone every three days.
    WBSnow likes this.
    01-24-17 06:48 PM
    The short answer is no. All of these battery apps and task killers actually make things worse. I know some people swear by Greenify and similar apps, but it just doesn't make sense based on how Android is designed.

Another thing people think helps is closing apps. Another bad idea. I leave all my apps open, except those that are designed to run the in the background like Google Maps and Waze.

Just leave Android alone and your battery life will improve.

Have a read of this article.

https://www.wired.com/2016/03/closin...-things-worse/
    After reading that article I'm going to try it over the next week.. Started last night. Have games, maps, CB, whole bunch of apps in the background. Going to watch from within settings>apps how many mAh they use.

But makes me wonder now, if they say leaving them in background is actually better, what about the age old rumour that more apps you have installed the more battery it will use.. By the logic of the article the amount of apps installed shouldn't matter
    FF22 likes this.
    01-27-17 07:03 AM
    After reading that article I'm going to try it over the next week.. Started last night. Have games, maps, CB, whole bunch of apps in the background. Going to watch from within settings>apps how many mAh they use.

But makes me wonder now, if they say leaving them in background is actually better, what about the age old rumour that more apps you have installed the more battery it will use.. By the logic of the article the amount of apps installed shouldn't matter
    Having apps installed doesn't mean you will drain the battery faster. Battery drain is dependent on CPU, GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, mobile data and screen on time (mainly). Having apps in cache/RAM doesn't consume much power. So if you have, say, CrackBerry in RAM, it should be in the suspended state (i.e. not doing anything). So when you launch it again, very little CPU load will be required since it was in cache/RAM.

If you close CrackBerry, then it will have to be re-loaded into RAM by the CPU again.

The only time you want to close apps is if they're designed to actually run in the background (like Waze and Google Maps and other GPS apps).

Oftentimes people complain about a "laggy hub", and this is probably because they close it and reload it every time they use it. Leave the Hub in RAM, never close it, and you will see how fast it is.

Android is smart, leave it alone.
    Mirko935 and Wezard like this.
    01-27-17 09:01 AM
    My personal experience is even with an app like Greenify, I find the battery usage the same or worse than the operating system battery savings. With Android 6.0, the Doze works quite well on its own without third party battery apps. I would suggest see what is running in your settings - - > apps section and turn off anything you don't normally use.
    01-29-17 10:15 AM